Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I hope they don't bring back another dead character including "sly" from 6.2 echoes of oblivion

commanderwar

I am so tired of characters who died for everyone, coming back. I used to want malgus back but now I just regret it, he should of stayed dead on ilum. Then they brought back Tenebrae for the 4th time. Now they want to bring back Vaylin.  I know some people might disagree, but I really hope that they do not bring Vaylin/sly back. She was a good villain, but I don't want her to come back there have been to many dead characters who have come back. I also don't want a force redemption arc on her, it didn't really make sense for Arcann, and makes less sense for Vaylin. I get it they both have tragic stories but they literally killed billions, both have tortured others, and destroyed cities, a redemption option doesn't work at all for either. Vader betrayed the emperor for his son, because he loved his son and died, if he had lived and/or had no love for luke, it would not of worked imo. Also Vaylin possessing a dead body, that use to belong to someone, isn't a good start either.  

But either way redeemed or a villain, she died for everyone, I want them to stop resurrecting characters who are dead for everyone.

I hope they just forget about vaylin, kill off malgus, and just focus on Sa'har,Tau, Anri, Ross, Rivix and the Mando story.

Do you guys agree or disagree with this.

Here is context to what I am talking about and how Vaylin is coming back

Spoiler

Sly is Vaylin

In Echoes of oblivion storyline, right before you enter satele's mind, kira states that Sly one of satele's student's is dead.

Then in one of the final cutscene before the big final fight the entire group (Marr, Arcann, Revan, ect) approach Tenebrae, vitiate, ect, and in one of the cutscenes Vaylin looks at the dead body, (sly). 

Then in the final cutscene of the story you see sly magically alive with satele and others. 

Finally you get a message from satele basically stating how sly was resurrected, but we have no idea how. Then another message from Senya, who says she fears her daughter's spirit is still alive.  Suggesting Vaylin took over sly body

I mean it's not out right said. However all evidence points to Vaylin is coming back. Because Sly a new character, is stated to be dead, then she is resurrected, if she was no one then BW would not have killed her off in the face place. Then we see Vaylin eyeing sly dead body in satele's mind, why would BW show us this. Also why would BW write  message from Senya, stating her being afraid she still alive. BW is teasing that Vaylin now controls sly body. I know it's not 100 percent, but I am 99 percent sure BW is planning Vaylin back and I hope they don't.

Here the video for context, with timestamps referring to what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-_lHFf9pI&t=174s

The scene's I referring to

Kira stating sly is dead: 16:19

Vaylin eyeing sly's dead body: 31:00

Sly is alive:  39:00

Edited by commanderwar
  • Like 3

+1 Agree

I think the writers are pressured for time to create new villains so they resort to falling back on old ones. That's just me being nice and giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

The not nice version is they probably don't get paid enough to care about creating new ones.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

I haven't cared about any of the chars since Kotfe started.  Bioware can do whatever they want with them, I still won't care.

They don't develop the new chars at all, they keep throwing new ones at us where they just play a role than any of the dozens that already exist could play.

Resurrect the dead?  Why not.  There sure aren't enough living to make stories about 🤷‍♀️

Fully agreed here.

I'm also getting very tired of dead characters coming back, and Vaylin is certainly the last on my list of characters i'd like to see again. I'd have been perfectly fine with her finally finding peace at the end of EoO and becoming one with the Force, like the rest of the already dead characters who appeared during EoO, but her coming back, nope, not at all, i don't think she has any redeeming qualities and she never showed any signs she wanted to change and try to be a better person.

I'd also have been fine if that has been an optional thing like the HK chapter so that people who wanted her bak could get what they wanted while leaving the ones who want nothing to do with her completely out of it.

I agree. Sometimes someone is irredeemable. 

My characters want to explore other parts of the Unknown Regions.  Particularly (for my chiss characters) other worlds under the control of the Chiss Ascendancy.  

Thrawn: It's all about their art...

I'm confused, who is 'sly'? Is that Vaylin? Why are you calling her that?

There's also been zero info to claim that afaik. If you have a source, give us the link, otherwise it's just rumor. Yeah I heard they're bringing darth jadus back to be the new villain actually. How do I know? Dude, trust me :rak_01:

Edited by Ardrossan

3 hours ago, Ardrossan said:

I'm confused, who is 'sly'? Is that Vaylin? Why are you calling her that?

There's also been zero info to claim that afaik. If you have a source, give us the link, otherwise it's just rumor. Yeah I heard they're bringing darth jadus back to be the new villain actually. How do I know? Dude, trust me

sorry, It's my fault for not adding context, here who Sly is, and how it relates to Vaylin. I will add this to the OP.

Spoiler

Basically sly is vaylin

In Echoes of oblivion storyline, right before you enter satele's mind, kira states that Sly one of satele's student's is dead.

Then in one of the final cutscene before the big final fight the entire group (Marr, Arcann, Revan, ect) approach Tenebrae, vitiate, ect, and in that cutscene Vaylin looks at the dead body, (sly). 

Then in the final cutscene of the story you see sly magically alive with satele and others.  Basically teasing Vaylin is possessing sly.

Finally you get a message from satele basically stating how sly was resurrected, but we have no idea how. Then another message from Senya, who says she fears her daughter's spirit is still alive.

I mean it's not out right said. However all evidence points to Vaylin is coming back. Because Sly a new character, is stated to be dead, then she is magically resurrected, if she was no one then BW would not have killed her off in the face place. Then we see Vaylin eyeing sly dead body in satele's mind, why would BW show us this. Also why would BW write  message from Senya, stating her being afraid she still alive. BW is teasing it. I know it's not 100 percent, but I am 99 percent sure BW is planning Vaylin back and I hope they don't.

Here the video for context, with timestamps referring to what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-_lHFf9pI&t=174s

The scene's I referring to

Kira stating sly is dead: 16:19

Vaylin eyeing sly's dead body: 31:00

Sly is alive:  39:00

Edited by commanderwar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.