Game client redownloading 35gb update for the third time?

KeredShadowfire

Windows 10.

After the update I downloaded around 35 gigs. When that was done I was like yay and restarted the game and it wanted to download 35 gigs again. So I was like not yay and I let it. When that was done I restarted and it wants to do it for the third time. Frankly, I am finding this a little strange and unexpected and off-putting and moderately annoying so I thought I'd come here and ask.

is this normal?

Edited by KeredShadowfire
  • Like 1

• KeredShadowfire changed the title to Game client redownloading 35gb update for the third time?
9 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Did it actually download 35GB the second and third times, or did it say it was downloading during the time when it was only verifying?n  (Use Task Manager's Performance tab and find your network card in the list of graphs.)

Umm honestly I guess I'll have to try again to check that. Thanks for the tip!

I am currently Re downloading the whole game from scratch as I have downloaded the 35 gig update twice, verified all correct settings for update as stated in info update screen. Its loads up to the screen that has the "PLAY" button. Press "PLAY" - Nothing happens. Sigh.......

• Like 1

Well the third time worked for me. I was able to launch the game and load characters, etc.

I did launch my game client as Administrator this time before starting the update and I have no idea if that affected anything but it's probably a good idea to do so anyway.

Good luck to all still having issues

Edited by KeredShadowfire
  • Like 1

It seems that the launcher bug that makes the game re-download constantly followed over to live. Best tip I can give is to uninstall SWTOR from your PC and then re-download and install it, and then re-install DirectX-9.

If you are lucky, maybe you can even make do with just re-installing DirectX-9, so try that first.

Edited by MortenJessen

Hi,

I did the update on tuesday and played fine until today (launched the game 4 hours ago without problem), I just launched the game and it download everything again (38 Go download...), I check my network usage and it's really downloading.

Annoying :(

• Like 1

I don't understand... came back to the pc after the download, clicked play, my characters shows up but the UI was strange.

The game closed itself and then AGAIN 35 Go download (not just checking) 😭

SWTOR don't want to let me play tonight...

Yes, I just updated steam version so i'll be able to play instead of waiting hours next time the launcher bug hit me ;)

Edit : played 2 hours ago, want to launch the game now, another full download... time to do a full uninstall / reinstall and playing on steam client while it's downloading

Edited by neichan