I just watched a person on Star Forge using a speed hack and teleport hack

remylion

In PvP I just watched a sniper use a speed hack and teleport hack. I was told these were not possible but the guy was traveling at beyond normal speeds the whole game. This was not a short burst of Cover, Countermeasure speed or lag and I was able only to follow him around because of my dots. He also teleported on top of the middle turret multiple times. Not the node you activate to capture the turret, he was on top of the turret structure when we started to get him low on health.

This is not a bug report or a cheat report. This is a discussion that such cheats are possible.

Edited by remylion
  • Like 1

GSF, SS, a couple days ago, in a starship graveyard deathmatch, I saw a gunship player who could phase in and out of the wreckage without any visible means of getting through. The wreckage can be a good place to hide normally, but this was different. I can count the number of times i've seen a genuine hack (and not just bads complaining) on one hand. 

I have my self only 3 times seen real hacks. All 3 times in Alderaan map. One player would be at the middle and capping from the very second the gates went down. So hacks do exist. All 3 times most other players simply quit the match in disgust though.

Eidt: Although I suspect having seen it a fourth time, in a 4 vs 4, where one player simply could not take damage, no matter what we did to him/her. We lost in 3 rounds, but even the acid did nothing to him/her, when he/she was the sole survivor in round 2 (we lost 1 and 3) from his/hers team. It is hard to prove because suddenly he/she just melted from full to 0 hp in a second. We suspected his/hers teammates might have told the person to call it quit before it got too suspect. 

Edited by MortenJessen
Edit

5 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

I have my self only 3 times seen real hacks. All 3 times in Alderaan map. One player would be at the middle and capping from the very second the gates went down. So hacks do exist. All 3 times most other players simply quit the match in disgust though.

Eidt: Although I suspect having seen it a fourth time, in a 4 vs 4, where one player simply could not take damage, no matter what we did to him/her. We lost in 3 rounds, but even the acid did nothing to him/her, when he/she was the sole survivor in round 2 (we lost 1 and 3) from his/hers team. It is hard to prove because suddenly he/she just melted from full to 0 hp in a second. We suspected his/hers teammates might have told the person to call it quit before it got too suspect. 

this was the Alderran Map.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:39 AM, remylion said:

this was the Alderran Map.

Not saying you didn’t see it because it’s most certainly possible & has been recorded over the years. 

But you may not realise there are 2 speed boosters in the Alderran Map that respawn a lot. 

Snipers also have a teleport now that they can choose to add into their build. Not that many do because it’s now a choice & not standard ability.

They also have built in speed boosts they can also choose as part of the build too. 

Lastly, Marauders have a group speed boost called predation. If the player you saw looked like they were speeding all match, it’s possibly a combination off these things happening. 

Remember, Snipers do the most damage while in cover. A good sniper or one in a pre-made with a marauder & on comm’s, can time when they move to take advantage of all the mobility options. 

But if you really think you saw a speed & teleport hacker, the best thing to do is report it. Here is a link on how best to report it. This is the preferred way because you can also provide screen shots or video evidence this way. 
https://forums.swtor.com/topic/881858-how-to-report-cheating-and-win-trading/#comment-9408450

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Not saying you didn’t see it because it’s most certainly possible & has been recorded over the years. 

But you may not realise there are 2 speed boosters in the Alderran Map that respawn a lot. 

Snipers also have a teleport now that they can choose to add into their build. Not that many do because it’s now a choice & not standard ability.

They also have built in speed boosts they can also choose as part of the build too. 

Lastly, Marauders have a group speed boost called predation. If the player you saw looked like they were speeding all match, it’s possibly a combination off these things happening. 

Remember, Snipers do the most damage while in cover. A good sniper or one in a pre-made with a marauder & on comm’s, can time when they move to take advantage of all the mobility options. 

But if you really think you saw a speed & teleport hacker, the best thing to do is report it. Here is a link on how best to report it. This is the preferred way because you can also provide screen shots or video evidence this way. 
https://forums.swtor.com/topic/881858-how-to-report-cheating-and-win-trading/#comment-9408450

this was definitely a speed hack with teleporting. He kept up the speed the whole game and would teleport on top of the turret on mid where no one could reach him then teleport back to the ground and start attacking and running around. We had him marked and I could follow him through the walls by watching my dots tick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, remylion said:

this was definitely a speed hack with teleporting. He kept up the speed the whole game and would teleport on top of the turret on mid where no one could reach him then teleport back to the ground and start attacking and running around. We had him marked and I could follow him through the walls by watching my dots tick.

It’s a shame you didn’t video it. That would be excellent footage to give BioWare & it would be entertaining to have seen that. As destructive as hacking can be in the game, I’m always amazed when I watch them do it. 

3 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It’s a shame you didn’t video it. That would be excellent footage to give BioWare & it would be entertaining to have seen that. As destructive as hacking can be in the game, I’m always amazed when I watch them do it. 

I saw my dots suddenly coming from above me and ran out to see the sniper sitting on top of the turret. I didn't even think of capturing video or screenshots as everyone on our team was talking about him teleporting and running around.

4 hours ago, remylion said:

I saw my dots suddenly coming from above me and ran out to see the sniper sitting on top of the turret. I didn't even think of capturing video or screenshots as everyone on our team was talking about him teleporting and running around.

Hopefully it was just a one off occurrence for you. But if it happens again, try recording or at least get their name & guild to report to BioWare.