The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Credit Economy Feedback Thread

JackieKo

I'm playing on Tulak Hord and I have to say: We have a very strong deflation. GTN is still a ridiculous, but I can say: The credit-regulations right now works.

I am really curious how it will look like on live-server after the new update. :D Merchants on my server are desperately trying to sell their most expensive items to keep the credits they invested in them.

• 3 weeks later...

Feedback questions!

Adjustments to repairing: 

• Do you find yourself having to repair more or less often?
    I am dreading having to repair my gear, due to lack of funds since I haven't been here to experience the inflation from the GTN spreading into the game.
  • When you repair, does the cost increase seem significant or fair?
    What's the farthest end from fair? Now let's take about 3 more steps past that for PvE repair costs (I don't do PvP).

Adjustments to travel:

• Do the Quick Travel costs seem fair? Do you think this will affect your usage of Quick Travel?
    This one has honestly been more of an annoyance than anything else because this was something that was practically shoved in our faces back when the game went freemium to try to convince us to remain subscribed (the whole "subscribers get free quick travel"). Just feels grating, and for people returning to the game (like myself) it is a major credit drain on already limited resources, as we have not been able to "benefit" from the inflation we're seeing on the servers. So for a returning player, it gets rather steep.
  • Are there travel costs that you currently find to be too little or too much? 
    See above
  • Are there methods of travel that have no cost that you would expect to have a cost?
    Returning to a zone you were already in from a SH has been quite irritating to find now costs money, as has been traveling to the SH. We already had to pay an arm and a leg just to purchase the SH, and now it's costing just to return to it to drop even more money on it to open up rooms?
    Honestly, just bring back the costs that we had in vanilla, with subscribers getting the free quick travel, and it would better solve these issues and be equivalent across the board.

I've said it elsewhere on the forums, but returning the costs of training your skills, as well as the costume gear vendors, would help a lot toward a credit sink. But this would mean removing items from the Cartel Market, which is a real world money sink vs a credit sink, and I doubt that would happen, despite it fixing issues in game and making the game accessible to more people.

This honestly feels more like it's punishing casual players, returning subscribers, F2P folk, and those who aren't/haven't been abusing the GTN and the Cartel Market. If we really want to deal with the inflation issue, like ACTUALLY deal with it, removing the Cartel Market or making what you purchase from there locked permanently to legacy and not available to be sold on the GTN, would be the way to go. Unfortunately, that would remove a major real world money sink that relies on whales and others dealing with FOMO as a way to make more money for those on top in the company.

I know I sound like I should be waving a cane and going, "In my day...." but prior to the Cartel Market these issues just...weren't. By combining the CM and the GTN, the game has essentially manufactured the problem itself and is now trying to find a way to keep making money off the whales while also fixing the issue it created by little "bandaid fixes."

Edited by Incendi