Problem with logging in after 7.2b patch

WranglerJeans

After the patch this morning I logged in, saw the updates download on the launcher, then started the game.  When I got to the character window, I had a pop-up stating that this version of the game is not the same as the server.  The only option was to click OK which shut the game down.  When I restarted, the launcher again downloaded the patch, started the game and the same thing happened, but instead of clicking OK on the pop-up, I started my character, and the game ran fine.  The third time I logged in, the launcher downloaded AGAIN but the pop-up window did not appear.  I just logged in a while ago for the 4th time today, the launcher AGAIN downloaded the files, and the pop-up window did appear but when I clicked on my character the game did start and ran properly.  Most of the game function was ok, but the Searching for Allies and Veteran Flashpoint weeklies did not appear properly.  I got one, ran through those, then I got the other, which was quite odd.  I hope this is not a foreboding of something worse to come.  Still, I needed to let you all know, just in case.

1 hour ago, WranglerJeans said:

After the patch this morning I logged in, saw the updates download on the launcher, then started the game.  When I got to the character window, I had a pop-up stating that this version of the game is not the same as the server.  

, I needed to let you all know, just in case.

hi there,, you'll actually need  to contact  *Support*  instead ( for a personal computer/login troubleshooting circumstance like you're describing ) .

Try the following options, particularly the 4th option ( if you haven't already) :

Edited by Nee-Elder

I have the exact same issue. Have the pop up on the character screen, if I X it off or hit OK it closes the game but if I just hit play on my character I enter the game with seemingly no issues so far. On Star Forge server . 

UPDATE : Played for a while, did a SM op and was running some group finder FP's with no problems. After finishing one flash point, I got the 80% load freeze and had to task manager my game to close. Restarting game, it patched itself and now the error is gone. 

Edited by Icebluz

I had the exact same issue. Logged in twice and got that message both times. Came here, read this thread, was going to try what Icebluz suggested but the message was gone for my third time logging in.

Just keep trying to log in until the popup goes away?

Exactly the same issue for me.  Saw a download (post 7.2b) then started game but got the version-server mismatch error popup like others did. Did what Icebluz suggested and was able to enter the game. Tried logging to another character and the same error popup was still present on the character select screen, but was able to log back in on a different character.

Quit the game through normal quit function (still ignoring the error popup). When restarting the game this time, it downloaded something again (smaller file this time) and now all seems fine. No popup anymore, and login is normal.

Definitely do what Icebluz suggested, then try logging out (ignore the popup the whole time). Worked for me anyway.

This it doesn't appear to be a "personal" or one-off computer/login issue like Nee-Elder suggested. It seems to have more to do with a partial or incomplete download/install of a few files (post 7.2b), that many people are experiencing. 

Edited by CaveBeast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.