Texture/graphics flickering?

Kintaroshin

5 hours ago, Kintaroshin said:

No thats not my GPU since its the only game that it does this. My GPU is always around 50-60c during gaming. 

Dunno about that.  Mine (RTX 2080Ti with two UHD screens) runs around 72 °C in SWTOR (on Ultra in UHD resolution, mind you), and it works just fine.  I even went to PubTaris and stood in *exactly* (or near-as-dammit) the same spot, focussing the same three enemies, and no flickering.

Maybe the problem is on my end, but I find that unlikely.

2 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? Try Windows XP (Service Pack 3). That's what the game was originally made for. It's worth a shot and doesn't take long to test.

Just tried and it still flickers 😒

Oh well unless its this planet so far, im about to leave it anyway to continue story fingers crossed other planets with grass wont do this. 

On 1/13/2023 at 6:57 AM, Kintaroshin said:

No thats not my GPU since its the only game that it does this. My GPU is always around 50-60c during gaming. 

Just because it "Only" happen with SWToR does not mean that is not something with "Your" system, since no one else seems to have any issues.

It is possible that something on your system or your video card has a problem or a conflict that is causing this to happen. SWToR is a DirectX9 game so the video will react differently than with other games. You can't do the" Well it only happens with SWToR" comparison, because SWToR is very different from other games.

You should start looking locally at your system, DirectX9, Video Drivers or something running on it for a problem since this seem to be something with your setup.

3 hours ago, denavin said:

Just because it "Only" happen with SWToR does not mean that is not something with "Your" system, since no one else seems to have any issues.

It is possible that something on your system or your video card has a problem or a conflict that is causing this to happen. SWToR is a DirectX9 game so the video will react differently than with other games. You can't do the" Well it only happens with SWToR" comparison, because SWToR is very different from other games.

You should start looking locally at your system, DirectX9, Video Drivers or something running on it for a problem since this seem to be something with your setup.

True, SWTOR uses a very heavily modified version of the Hero engine, wich has caused a lot of bugs, and I'm sure headaches for the dev team. It's probably a lot harder to get the engine to work well(ish) on all systems, unlike other games which might use an engine like the Unreal engine, which is a lot more dev and user friendly.

I've seen my share of weird things in this game due to the engine being wonky, or not agreeing with certain pc builds. A rig I had well before my current one did not agree with shadows being turned on at all. If I turned the shadows on, I got a slide show, but with it off , and some other settings tweaked a bit down, it ran mostly well, but some planets was not good on performance, but bearable.

Well shadows (especially in this game) really hampers any graphics card. The way shadows are drawn into game (if memory serves) is how they have to program the lighting - or lack there of, in layers and have to calculate/program how the light changes.  Like, when the sun moves and shadows shift.  That's harsh in gaming.

What card are you using and the driver set?

Edited by Amodin

13 minutes ago, Amodin said:

Well shadows (especially in this game) really hampers any graphics card. The way shadows are drawn into game (if memory serves) is how they have to program the lighting - or lack there of, in layers and have to calculate/program how the light changes.  Like, when the sun moves and shadows shift.  That's harsh in gaming.

What card are you using and the driver set?

1660Ti Driver 31.0.15.1659

Yeah, that is more than capable of handling this game, lol.

That is an older driver version (but not that old) for a laptop I'm guessing?

If it is, I would still recommend just grabbing your drivers from NVIDIA directly, or even getting GeForce Experience to optimize your games.  I was against that software for YEARS, but finally decided to try it and it's actually not bad at all, with a great built-in recorder.