Add a lightsaber with the ignition sound of Luke Skywalker's Episode 6 ROTJ saber.

Traceguy

Luke Skywalker's lightsaber in Episode 6 introduced to the universe a new lightsaber ignition sound, and it's one of the best ones. However, there are technically no lightsabers that use this as the ignition sound. 11 years later, the game is still missing a lightsaber with this sound.

There is what I think is called the Blade Masters lightsaber and shoto that use this sound, however, there is like a 50% chance it plays, and a 50% a sci-fi sword sound plays. the blade is toothpick thin. AND..There is a 1-2 second delay for activation. So it's no even worth using.

This ignition sound is also used when you select the toon you from your toon menu in game.

So despite Bioware having access to this sound, they don't seem to want to use it for a lightsaber.

If you're unfamiliar with ROTJ or that lightsaber: Here are scenes with the saber, which should include the ignition.

https://youtu.be/PKa_KmEtQHg?t=35

Edited by Traceguy

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 12:47 AM, BroBroNelly said:

Doesn't the tempted apprentice lightsaber use that sound effect?

That's the same lightsaber I mentioned in my OP. It has a tooth pick blade and only a 50% chance of using the ROTJ sound effect, and a 1-2 second delay activation. Not worth using  unfortunately 

Edited by Traceguy

• 11 months later...

It's been 1 year, so here we go again.

Please add a lightsaber that uses the ignition sound effect of Luke Skywalker's lightsaber from Return of the Jedi (every time it's activated). In case the devs haven't seen ROTJ, and don't ever plan to, the exact same sound effect plays when you click the "Play" button on the character selection screen. There's also a 50% chance it plays with the Blade Masters lightsaber and shoto. So you can look at that item you need to hear it. Also one click away below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tLO6HBfHo

I'll pay 3,000cc for it. Especially if it isn't a toothpick blade.

remember when they announced we were getting Hoth as a Stronghold they also announced we were getting sound effect item modifications for weapons still havent gotten either and then we got alderaan as a Stronghold. But item modification sounds would be welcome some of the weapons could really use a boost from sound effects. 

6 minutes ago, Kalnarius said:

But item modification sounds would be welcome some of the weapons could really use a boost from sound effects. 

Those would also sell really well, probably more so than tunings. A lot of the lightsabers in the game are unusable at the moment due to having sci-fi laser sword sounds effects as opposed to actual lightsaber sound effects.

I don't know what happened, but at some point, Bioware forgot they were making a Star Wars game, and started making knock-off lightsabers. Thin blades, and fake sounds.

In the case of Luke's ROTJ lightsaber sound, it should have been here with v1.0... Not sure how it was forgotten about

Edited by Traceguy