PvP Challenges for Skirmish and Guild Challenge no longer functioning / bug. Possibly as of 7.2. Challenge can be issued, queue pops, but nothing happens when you click "enter".

LadyAdmiral

Hello @Jackie when you are back from holidays, can you forward this to the correct team?  Or is it possible to confirm if these are broken right now and can't be used?

If anyone has any guesses or tips of why this is happening or fixes I'd love to see em. I do know @Pandoras_Jargot Challenges working on PTS on November 12. 

I also found an old post about PvP Challenge Feedback with some bugs by Eric Musco hat might be relevant.

Another player expressed a similar issue December 9 for normal warzones: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926320-taking-wz-queue-pop-causes-lockout

---

In the past PvP Challenges were working. I do not know when they stopped working. I was trying to test them December 29, 2022 so we can teach our guildmates how warzones work and we could not get them to function.

Here is a video of me trying to get it working for half an hour (lol!) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1692019241?t=01h38m38s (starts at 1 hour 38 mins)

I can successfully click "Issue Challenge" when I'm in a group and then type my enemy's name in and press the smaller "Issue Challenge" button. Then I get the special page for Challenges where I can choose from Warzones/Arenas, then choose which Warzone I want (I was trying Voidstar) then click "Skirmish". Then a few seconds of nothing passes. Then a popup saying "PvP Match" shows up with the 1 minute timer to accept. I click "Enter Now" and nothing happens - we do not load into the warzone.

We have tried:

• Being in groups of four
  • Being in an ops group or normal group party
  • Being all the same level
  • Being matching roles on each team tank/healer/dps
  • having opposite team challenge me instead
  • Making sure everyone is subscribed
  • Making sure everyone is in the same guild
  • Doing a guild challenge by being in different guilds
  • Having unrelated people guild challenge us

Not tried:

• full 8 versus 8 (shouldn't be required)
  • different server (Star Forge)

I could not see any hints of why this happening - no error messages appear when the "Enter Now" button is clicked and nothing happens.

The game also seems really confused at that point. It kind of things I am in a queue even when I am not. I can't change specs unless I log out as i am "in a queue" via error message.

Edited by LadyAdmiral

4 hours ago, LadyAdmiral said:

when you are back from holidays, can you forward this to the correct team?

This  thread should be posted in the  'Bug Reports' section--> https://forums.swtor.com/forum/188-bug-reports/

i'll make sure it gets *moved* over there  and THANKS for posting it , since i was just  troubleshooting this today in Fleet  'genchat' and couldn't figure out the issue.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: *thanks to BW moderators for moving this thread into better section

1 hour ago, LadyAdmiral said:

Did you happen to learn anything not in this post?

Only that a slew of players (and GM's) are extemely frustrated as to why it's not working.

My guess is something got borked with 7.2  (obviously)  and the BW Team didn't have time to really  figure out best way forward yet.  Plus i doubt many  PTS players tested this somewhat fringe aspect of  'PVP' either.

Anyways, hopefully next week in 2023  when everyone is back from vacation  maybe EricMusco  will update us.   /shrug

1 hour ago, LadyAdmiral said:

...no error messages appear when the "Enter Now" button is clicked and nothing happens.

The game also seems really confused at that point. It kind of things I am in a queue even when I am not. I can't change specs unless I log out as i am "in a queue" via error message.

Haven't checked Challenges lately, but I did experience the bug you describe while queueing for Unranked Warzones shortly before 7.2. There was a brief thread in the bug report subforum about it.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926320-taking-wz-queue-pop-causes-lockout

I might try to mess with it over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
20 hours ago, LadyAdmiral said:

Update: We tried again today with low level characters. No luck.

We think it has to do with the matchmaker / warzone creation step.

Hi there,

Team is aware of this issue and looking into it. Thanks!  

On 12/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, Crystal_Mind said:

Haven't checked Challenges lately, but I did experience the bug you describe while queueing for Unranked Warzones shortly before 7.2. There was a brief thread in the bug report subforum about it.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926320-taking-wz-queue-pop-causes-lockout

I might try to mess with it over the weekend.

I passed along this thread as well, but it's important to note that these two issues are not related given the information that was provided. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 11:45 AM, NikovUmSar said:

Any chance to get an update on this?

i asked  @JackieKo  about it  within my other thread from a few days ago , after i saw  this:  "It is no longer possible to change the map after it has been selected by the leader in a PvP Challenge."   ....listed from within the 7.3 patch notes. ( hence my confusion  :confused:  )

But maybe she either missed  it  or just can't discuss the situation yet until  @EricMusco@Shabir_Dhillon  actually have the system completely fixed?

Or perhaps that note is referring to the system being fixed & reenabled with NEXT  PvP Season 4  ...???

./shrug

Edited by Nee-Elder

• 6 months later...
On 6/21/2023 at 10:10 AM, NikovUmSar said:

. Challenges seem to work properly, at least for GSF.

Ironic , since GSF is the most neglected part of this game in the history of this game.  ( with Crafting as a close 2nd )

All  criticisms aside,  amazingly  ALL  Challenges systems now seem to be WORKING  again.

What's strange is my earlier above post ^^ question  regarding 7.3 patch notes  was ignored,  yet it would seem this Challenge system was somehow somewhen  stealth FIXED ?! :confused:

Anyways,  looking forward to testing/playing  Challenges now going forward,  so  big THANKS to  @JackieKo & @EricMusco & @JoeStramaglia , et al . :ph_cheers:

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 1