How do you sign up for operations in the first place?

23 minutes ago, Bootlebat said:

They aren't in the activity finder.

First, you must be  Level 80 now in  7.0 era  to enter Ops.

Secondly, no one really uses the 'groupfinder'  anymore for  Ops  anyway.  ( most everyone just  spams  LFG  'genchat' on Fleet or other channels  and then either enters thru  purple phase door after summons,  or queue's together as a unit )

Some servers use specific custom channels where advertisements are made for operations and other activities.

On Satele Shan: Endgame (/cjoin endgame) or occasionally Allies (/cjoin allies)

On Star Forge: Allies (/cjoin allies)

Not sure if any custom channels are used on the Europe servers (Darth Malgus, The Leviathan, Tulak Hord) or if groups are just formed on Fleet. If anyone knows of specific custom channels used to form operation groups on these servers  I will add them to this post.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

Operations groups either form through chat (general, guild, or the specific community lfg channel for the server), or they form within guild groups. If you're just starting to get into operations, I strongly encourage you to join a guild. If you don't want to join a guild, you can join a pug in chat, but make sure to tell the organizer you're new.

Some acronyms you'll see when people are forming groups in chat: https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-acronyms/

On 12/28/2022 at 10:43 PM, Bootlebat said:

They aren't in the activity finder.

Yes they are. The top category in the Group Finder list is Story Mode operations. It's a short list that rotates among available ops.

Group Finder isn't the best way to find OPs groups though. Most OPs groups are formed either by random pugs on Fleet, or by Guilds in Discord, etc. 

If you want to get into OPs, do some MM flashpoints first so you can get familiar with the general 'level' of performance required. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pay attention to all the "LFM" stuff on the fleet. It's almost non-stop. If not on the fleet, make sure to join your servers endgame channel. 

I wouldn't recommend joining any ops until you practice and learn them first though. I'm actually kind of tired of seeing people in DP doing less than 10k DPS and wiping on Raptus or Calphayus because they go and do their own thing. Start by typing /gquit. If you haven't done any, it's probably because you're in a guild that doesn't teach or run them for fun. Next, ask in fleet for a guild that runs Ops for fun or teaches SM ops on a weekly basis..

Edited by Traceguy