Dialog options blank during return conversation in "A Rock and a Hard Place"

StreetBob

Playing through "A Rock and a Hard Place" as an Empire side Bounty Hunter and there is no dialog text on the options when you return to Rass and reinforcements have arrived. The wheel has two options on it but neither has any text as to what they are, which makes it difficult to make a meaningful choice with 

Spoiler

Akaavi Spar, who was recruited to my alliance when Mako returned. Unknown if Torian is part of this conversation, or if the conversation options are not working because he isn't present because I sadly made the decision to save Vette instead of him.

You can still select one of the options but not knowing what the basis of the conversation will be makes it difficult to make a meaningful choice or not back out of the conversation to see which one I want to choose.

* Spoiler added in case anyone has not made the choices I made or if they haven't completed certain companion return quests.

3 hours ago, Jaazer said:

is there a work around?

Not unless you can *hack* into  game CODE. :csw_r2d2:

I'm guessing BioWare Devs consider this issue very very low-priority , and therefore probably won't fix it until after the New Year.

We shall see though.

Edited by Nee-Elder

Got this from support:

"I can see that you have contacted us where the quest cutscene conversation did not display any text and it only shows the option 1 and 2. I will surely look into the matter and also share the relevant information with you.

Thank you for your reply. I have reviewed your reply and I have tried to reproduce the issue from my end on your character and I am also facing the same issue. I have also escalated and discussed your issue with our concerned team as well and there is a glitch in the cutscene conversation. I have shared the feedback with our concern team. Hopefully, our game developers will do something about it. I would like to take this opportunity and forward this as feedback to our concerned team. I did try to see if there was any way to resolve this issue however this is something that could not be rectified from our end. We’d love to help, so even though we are unable to assist you in regards to your concern today, we’re going to share the feedback. This is how we make changes to our game every time."

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell you this bug still exists on my Bounty Hunter as of tonight.  It's effectively game breaking.

Even if they don't want to fix it immediately, if they could tell us what the conversation options #1 and #2 are, we could click to proceed right?  I just dislike not knowing what I am saying.

Blakinik

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hi folks,

Our team is currently investigation this bug. We've also added it to the known issues list

• There is no option in the conversation with Rass Ordo for Bounty Hunter if Torian is dead. 

Edit on 01/19/2023, here are the lines:

• First line: "Not surprised to see you here, Akaavi. You've been instrumental in helping against Heta's forces."
  • Second line: "Not surprised to see you here, Akaavi."
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.