Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Revert ui option

IAmTheYoghurt

16 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

for now this is what I'm talking about

As i stated in another thread,  my guess is:  BioWare didn't/doesn't want to  allow players to possibly mess up and  remove/lose that 'Exit Area'  button (for obvious reasons) so they made the new version  immobile.

1 minute ago, Nee-Elder said:

As i stated in another thread,  my guess is:  BioWare didn't/doesn't want to  allow players to possibly mess up and  remove/lose that 'Exit Area'  button (for obvious reasons) so they made the new version  immobile.

but it can be removed, well no longer visible.  Until I finish updating, I can't see if they changed any thing after last update on PTS

not sure what you mean by being immobile, since it's attached to utility bar 2, and you can move utility bar2 , rescale it . unless that's a change they did since last update in PTS, and wasn't tested

4 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

but it can be removed, well no longer visible.  Until I finish updating, I can't see if they changed any thing after last update on PTS

not sure what you mean by being immobile, since it's attached to utility bar 2, and you can move utility bar2 , rescale it . unless that's a change they did since last update in PTS, and wasn't tested

hmm, on  LIVE servers, at least for me (so far) , i don't see any way to *remove* it completely.

It shows up automatically, depending upon where location  my character is.

And within the  'Interface Editor' ,  it doesn't show as  attached  to 'Utility 2'  green bar.

15 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

hmm, on  LIVE servers, at least for me (so far) , i don't see any way to *remove* it completely.

It shows up automatically, depending upon where location  my character is.

And within the  'Interface Editor' ,  it doesn't show as  attached  to 'Utility 2'  green bar.

your not wrong with any of that.   Now disable utility bar 2, and let me know if the exit is still there.

Still updating, might be a few hours, so I can't still check

15 hours ago, Kendaric said:

I'd love to be able to get rid of the giant tooltips for every interactable item. They look absolutely horrible and unimmersive, so please let us disable them.

The rest of the changes I can live with (I still prefer the old UI though).

You can just remove the large tooltip if you want or if you want the large tooltip to look like it did pre 7.2, in interface editor click on the large tooltip and then choose to anchor the large tooltip to map. The large tooltip will look exactly like it did before 7.2. The large tooltip is set to anchor to location by default.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PLeahC said:

You can just remove the large tooltip if you want or if you want the large tooltip to look like it did pre 7.2, in interface editor click on the large tooltip and then choose to anchor the large tooltip to map. The large tooltip will look exactly like it did before 7.2. The large tooltip is set to anchor to location by default.

Switched the tooltips back to how they were and kept the new map, which I actually quite like (after getting used to it).

No, please keep the UI changes and iron out the bugs that crept along with it, like that changing the tooltip option is not saved when switching to another instance.

Other than that, thank you for finally adding both the minimap and the two utility bars to the Interface Editor and giving us more options to edit the UI to our liking.

Edited by Phazonfreak
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, IAmTheYoghurt said:

Open the "improved" old-style map with Alt+M (you might as well rebind it back to M while you are at it). The instance selector should be on the left hand side of the map.

I don't see it :(

Also the op was a little harsh but yeah none of these "improvements" improve the quality of life in game at all.

21 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Don't  hate me but umm... i actually  like the new UI changes.

./ducks :csw_r2d2:

( i didn't think i would like them either  --in fact i sorta wanted to hate them lol---but  i just moved/adjusted  one tiny 'pane' in the Interface Editor  and now everything is perfect ... for me at least , /shrug )

Some of it is good...  BUT IMO I would have left the "m" for map and shift "m" for what is now the icon on the mini map bar.  (much easier access for the larger map).

IMO the rest of it is fine.  I'll have to make a couple more adjustments in location and sizing (if that's possible) for the mini map stuff in the lower right-hand corner (where I keep it) but that should be an easy fix.  

Also:  that drop down menu with the CM items and chat stuff ..  looks like that has finally been integrated into the normal UI stuff and can be placed into a permanent position! (I REALLY am glad to see this.  Having to move it EVERY single time I pulled up a character was really annoying.  Sooo  kudos to the team for that!

I'm probably not going to get any popular votes today ... but I honestly don't care.  I give my opinions on what is happening based on my own experiences and evaluations.

Edited by OlBuzzard
error !! (oops)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.