Map Revamp Feedback

JackieKo

First of all i would like to say that i dont like the new map changes at all.
I would like to have the option to use old maps similar to how we have option to still use old minimap with all the icons around it like weve had for 11 years now.

Biggest issue i have with it is that the new maps are so tiny when compared to the proper big maps weve had before - and with the changes to the maps highlights like rivers etc and making the new maps tiny its hard to look at for me tbh - its like having very high-res picture squeezed into a small frame, ends up looking bad and hard to look at the details.

-> please considers letting us have the option to use old maps if we want to, it worked perfectly for 11 years, ive played since vanilla and never thought that maps needed any tweaking.

Next id like to mention the Large Tooltip resetting: ive restored my minimap to original look(great option btw to be able to use the original version 👍) and ive also restored the tooltip to look the same as it did before, but atm its bugged so that when i change instance, or travel to any other planet etc. it resets back to the new version of the tooltip, i cannot do anything to make it stay as i want it, it always resets to the new version.

4 hours ago, Darittha said:

please considers letting us have the option to use old maps if we want to,

That won't be happening, since the CODE  has already been merged  and BioWare  wants the game (and ui ) to go in a certain direction.

You can try to convince them otherwise, but only if you enjoy banging your head against a brick wEAll. :csw_jabbapet:

4 hours ago, Darittha said:

but atm its bugged so that when i change instance, or travel to any other planet etc. it resets back to the new version of the tooltip, i cannot do anything to make it stay as i want it,

'Known Issue' --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926376-game-update-72-known-issues/   ...that's affecting all of us.  Hopefully, BioWare will FIX it on this coming Tuesday--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926582-maintenance-december-20-2022/

Edited by Nee-Elder

21 minutes ago, Darittha said:

but at the very least i would like to have the option to enlarge the map window because overall that is what causes me the most annoyance and i think is a reasonable ask.

Well, you can still use the  'world map'  as a much larger option, no?

Plus,  for the overlay map ,  the  'zoom'  keys should work ?   ( Or do those only work for the  circle-side corner  mini-map ?   i forget )

its the normal map im talking about, not the new map overlay, they made the map window much smaller and that compounded with the new map highlights to make it worse ->like a high-res picture made smaller as ive mentioned before, its bad.

Edited by Darittha

5 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

( Or do those only work for the  circle-side corner  mini-map ?   i forget )

the Overlay is just an extinction of the mini-map, so the +/- works on either one, which ever is showing.

you still need it on a utility bar,  to use for over lay, since Mini-map closes if you bring up the Overlay map, the ones on the (Maximal) mini map can only work on the mini map. If you know what I mean.

Edited by Achnaattwo
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:27 PM, JackieKo said:
  • What map filters would you want to have on or off by default?
  • Are there any concerns about the new keyboard shortcuts?
  • There are a lot of options for customizing your map overlay display. Did you have any issues setting these?
  • Currently the mini-map turns off when the overlay is on. Did this create any issues with playability?
  • Are there any maps you have found that are missing critical details?
  • Are there any map overlay settings you would like to see or don’t ever anticipate using?

1. everything on

2. maybe altgr+m instead of alt+m, its just easier with one hand

3. the new mapoverlay sometimes doesnt changes to ther next area and the minimapring is dislocated

4. please give me back y minimap, or just the option to to so. I can active it, but if i change on/off its gone again. The problem is, in areas large areas the new map is to small and the new map doesnt display pulled npcs

5. mostly just to big scaled to see anything on the older planets

6. i would like to clicl through areas like in the original map

Am 10.11.2022 um 19:27 schrieb JackieKo:
  • Are there any maps you have found that are missing critical details?

Yes, three missing!

For the Holomap (New Map)
We need this ''Leave the area'' from OP and FP, better top bar install
We need this ''Enemy to signal'' red the point from oiginal map.
Holomap, what we need this ''round, not square'' and frame with bubbles.

Edited by Unterlord

I have found out, that in large quest areas, quest markers can go "missing" in ones menu bars, and no amount of zoom can help that. And I dont really like having to rearange my quick bars every single time I need to find a quest marker. Neither scroll or fixed option really helps.