New 8v8/4v4 system

BallisticKaine

So how will this work if a group of ranked players running two tanks, two healers and 4 dps will work for 8v8 que? They said the system will que them up against another premade. What if the there isn't another 8 man premade in que. Will they then be against PUG group? Will they sit in que for eternity? There needs be clarification on this. 

1 minute ago, BallisticKaine said:

So how will this work if a group of ranked players running two tanks, two healers and 4 dps will work for 8v8 que? They said the system will que them up against another premade. What if the there isn't another 8 man premade in que. Will they then be against PUG group? Will they sit in que for eternity? There needs be clarification on this. 

They answered this. There is no group or solo queue anymore. Everyone goes in together.

1 minute ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

They answered this. There is no group or solo queue anymore. Everyone goes in together.

No, they said an 8 man team could que together and if they did the system would try to pair them against another 8 man team, but what if there isn't another 8 man team. Will the 8 man team then sit in que forever? 

Sounds to me like they are Desperate to get more into PVP without actually taking care of the hacking and cheating that goes on. I have done PVP maybe once in the last year. I don't remember why I did it. I think just to see if it had gotten better. It did not.

iirc Musco said premades can still queue. You will just be matched against another premade. I don't remember him specifically saying that you will be able to queue in an 8 man group now. I don't think that's going to change, groups will still be capped at 4 ppl. So yes there will be premsdes in queue. And 4 man premades can queue 4s against other 4 man premades ect.

1 minute ago, Samcuu said:

iirc Musco said premades can still queue. You will just be matched against another premade. I don't remember him specifically saying that you will be able to queue in an 8 man group now. I don't think that's going to change, groups will still be capped at 4 ppl. So yes there will be premsdes in queue. And 4 man premades can queue 4s against other 4 man premades ect.

He didn't exactly say that an 8 man team couldn't que either

5 minutes ago, BallisticKaine said:

He didn't exactly say that an 8 man team couldn't que either

No he didn't but don't you think they'd have announced that to be a new function if they were going to make a major change like that? I'm going to assume the grouping system will stay the same until they've said otherwise specifically.

Maybe a Dev can give us some clarity? @JackieKo@EricMusco

Edited by Samcuu