SWTOR Steam Achievements?

iankalo

Yeah, expect spam, because there's a *lot* of Steam achievements.  191 to be specific, of which I already had 186 when they launched on Steam.

Note that the Steam achievement list and the in-game achievement list aren't the same - the in-game list has lots of cheeves that aren't on Steam.  I haven't gone through the Steam list in detail, but there's probably a few there that aren't in-game achievements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Yeah, expect spam, because there's a *lot* of Steam achievements.  191 to be specific, of which I already had 186 when they launched on Steam.

Note that the Steam achievement list and the in-game achievement list aren't the same - the in-game list has lots of cheeves that aren't on Steam.  I haven't gone through the Steam list in detail, but there's probably a few there that aren't in-game achievements.

All steam achievements are in-game as well actually.

• Thanks 1

I got 95% Steam achievements.

But....

All the achievements are just basic SWTOR leveling sh*t :D Nothing special is showing up there...

You get just... "Level up Sith Warrior to lvl 75" , "Legacy to 10", etc.

I just missing all my alts to level up to 75 to get all of it... it seems.

I`ll do some GSF AFK-ing with all of them and Im done 😛

https://i.imgur.com/ZieBGVa.png

In one 2-3 words.... - if you dont use Steam and most of your games are not in Steam, it not worth it to download SWTOR from Steam.

You get delayed/bugged sub transactions, as I know.

Edited by iankalo

I'd really prefer them to spend ZERO time developing this. They can't even deliver a proper expansion pack or anything they've promised in the last year on time or of an acceptable quality.  They really need to pick the game back up before we start worrying about the minutia that is Steam acheivements. 

8 hours ago, iankalo said:

In one 2-3 words.... - if you dont use Steam and most of your games are not in Steam, it not worth it to download SWTOR from Steam.

You get delayed/bugged sub transactions, as I know.

I'd argue not being stuck with the original launcher and whatever issues come about with it (is BitRaider still part of it? Haven't used it since the Steam version came out) while making my purchases for CC and sub through the website works just fine. You can't renew sub using the original launcher, you have to log in on the website. Simply do the same with the Steam app. 

Then again, I do have other games I play on Steam too, but there are no downsides. Tracked achievements out of game, tracked time, and no worry about custom loading screens being wiped after an update (haven't had this issue yet).

6 hours ago, DarthCasus said:

I'd argue not being stuck with the original launcher and whatever issues come about with it (is BitRaider still part of it? Haven't used it since the Steam version came out) while making my purchases for CC and sub through the website works just fine. You can't renew sub using the original launcher, you have to log in on the website. Simply do the same with the Steam app. 

Then again, I do have other games I play on Steam too, but there are no downsides. Tracked achievements out of game, tracked time, and no worry about custom loading screens being wiped after an update (haven't had this issue yet).

Tracked time may be a bad thing depending on how many hours you've played 😄 I'm over 4000 hours now... and that's not counting all the hours I played before the Steam version came out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Tracked time may be a bad thing depending on how many hours you've played 😄 I'm over 4000 hours now... and that's not counting all the hours I played before the Steam version came out.

Yeah I'm almost at that point too.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:44 PM, DarthCasus said:

I'd argue not being stuck with the original launcher and whatever issues come about with it (is BitRaider still part of it? Haven't used it since the Steam version came out)

The new non-Steam launcher is tons better than the old one, even when you configured the old one for non-Bitraider.  It downloads faster (er, if you have a fat enough link from the Internet, obviously), and it is ready to play as soon as all the pieces are downloaded, because there's no "Installing" phases any more.

In fact, I prefer the new non-Steam launcher to the Steam one, since the new one respects the window scaling that I set in the Windows parameters, while the Steam one doesn't.  And it downloads faster.

(And the Steam one can definitely cause server-version mismatches because it can end up being launched before Steam has checked for updates.)