Updated Crew Crafting Panel

Quisull-Rudfill

I feel like we could do with a newer area for crafting, like how the character sheet is connected to the inventor when opened,

I feel like we could have something like that that can be a crafters panel, sometimes I do get annoyed when looking at both panels when going through the crafting,

then going back on the other panel just to switch to the gathering skill missions, it it’s an based like how the inventory is set up it’ll most definitely being efficient crafting like Minecraft 😂 (sorry had to make a Minecraft joke) 

but In all fairness I think a overhauled crafting panel would benefit us crafters 

• Like 1

Please no. The new character sheet is horrible. It's too big, we can't resize it and it blocks too much things I want to see while having the character sheet open. Yet it still doesn't have the basic, important function we had for 10 years: showing the character's stats. For that we have to now open a miniature pop-up that we have to scroll to be able to see something. We can't close it with esc, nope, we need to click it again to close it... 🤦‍♂️ It's horrible design and I can't even imagine what kind of monstrosity a new crafting interface might be. Nothing they've done to the UI since 6.0 has been an improvement. Let's just be happy the whole UI isn't broken yet. 

• Thanks 1

I used paint.net to kinda make a quick mock of what i mean, ofc its just a mockup so its not going to be the best looking thing, [My Mock Design](https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/201593481863364609/1035976309937033256/unknown.png?width=822&height=640) it doesnt need to be crazy, but even if the 2 current panels got merged into one it would mean less asset's loading at one time (i have had small lag issues from opening the panels when im sending crew out on missions) 

The crafting panel has been in need of an overhaul for a long time, not for cosmetic reasons, but because of poor functionality.

If you unlock a special gathering mission, you probably want to...you know...do that mission.  Rather than moving the view to that mission level and specific mission, it appends it to the bottom of the list, so you have to navigate first to the level of the item you just used, and then scroll to the bottom of the list.

Similarly, let's say that you need more grade 4 gemstones.  You send one companion on a mission to fetch them.  Then you are given the choice of scrolling through the entire list of companions to your next available companion to select another level 4 mission, or you can choose your companion and then scroll down from level 11 to level 4 again.  It's seriously aggravating.

Finally, why isn't there a "Repeat Mission" option when completing a gathering mission?  

Edited by BiggerChickens

DEVS, please. Create crew skill crafting window for whole legacy. Would be easier to do something, if all toon were in 1 place, so we can better see what we have and what we can do.

ADDITIONALLY: let us queue craft toward specific item... sometimes we want to craft something but we are missing lower level components... make it automated to list out what's below and if something is missing. Maybe even, automate missions toward that craft?

Edited by sfqbis

4 hours ago, sfqbis said:

DEVS, please. Create crew skill crafting window for whole legacy. Would be easier to do something, if all toon were in 1 place, so we can better see what we have and what we can do.

I'd guess that they have left it per-character precisely to *not* make it easier.  And is there any other MMORPG where you can, with just ==> that character loaded, launch crafting on your other ones?

19 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I'd guess that they have left it per-character precisely to *not* make it easier.  And is there any other MMORPG where you can, with just ==> that character loaded, launch crafting on your other ones?

This is suggestion... doesn't need to have application anywhere in the existing world. That's an idea.

7 hours ago, Aaryn said:

i would love to see if bioware would merge the "B" Interface, where your companions are listed with the buttons for your crafting/gathering skills into a whole new Interface.

This is basically what i was explaining~ sometime i think basic words will be easier to use xD 

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Quisull-Rudfill:

This is basically what i was explaining~ sometime i think basic words will be easier to use xD 

You're right. Makes no sense.

We have the alliance overview where all 1000 companions are listed then again the "B" overview where these are also listed.

The new interface can be distinguished by means of "tabs" as they have just diligently implemented in the style of the new character sheet in "Craft" and " gathering / missions".

Crafting can be adopted in principle 1:1 and collecting / missions logically subdivide.
Theoretically we don't even need the whole mission description etc.

Simply select companions.
Companion A
Companion B
Companion C
Companion D
Companion E
Are sent out for treasure hunt

Companion F
Companion G
Companion H
Companion I
Are sent out for archaeology

Done.
Don't think any player is interested in the mission texts, only the cost (maybe) and the yield (Little, Medium, Plenty).

9 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

First thing BW needs to do for crafting is to stop the crafting window from flipping to the highest tier for crafting / crafting missions when the last companion was assigned a lower tier and you've just switched to the next companion.

Ngl, this doesn’t bother me as much as I would normally get crafting stuff from gtn, but since the stuff I’m after these days aren’t on gtn it’s a pain working out which I need to grind the most without default grade 11 showing on switch