Companion Performance Issues Returned with Latest Update

DWho

15 minutes ago, DWho said:

Companions using CC abilities are back to the issue the had after 7.0 launched. They are CCing an opponent and then immediately attacking that opponent, breaking the CC.

Confirmed ^  ,  noticed it the other day and just  re-tested it  again.   Only work-a-round is to  right click  remove  certain abilities (like AOE's ) off  companion toolbar.

( Regardless, companion  ai  code is a tricky endeavor )

Edited by Nee-Elder

3 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

Mine are not healing properly at all. I don't get it I've leveled them up but their heals are slower than damage comes in.

Unfortunately, that issue was reported in depth along with lots of numbers to go with it. Bioware is either unable or unwilling to fix that issue. Influence 30 to Influence 50 companions perform almost exactly the same in all content so there is no point to leveling them above influence 30 at this time. They are hit twice with level sync (like health is, Endurance is "capped" and then the Health total is "capped" again). Your base Presence is hard capped (unlike almost all other abilities in 7.0 which suffer a percent reduction based on where you are rather than a set value) and the companion's abilities are caped further based on their values relative to the content you are playing.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, I experienced several weird behaviors on my (heal)-companions too:

boss fight: my health is dwindling and my heal-companion either does nothing or attacks the boss instead of making an effort to heal me
(this especially happens when a fight takes a bit longer, like, the longer the fight the worse the companions perform)

also, since 7.0 (at least I never noticed this before): when a fight gets (too) tough, I die while my companion will live happily ever after with FULL health 🤨 (before 7.x, if I was in over my head with a boss, first sign always was: whoops companion died)

... so yeah something obviously is still off