GS3 collections price hike!?

WraithAssassin

I do find it strange that they didn't tell us about the unlock price hike before GS 3 was released, nor why they increased the price.

And reducing the CC amount, and replacing that with crates is not really ok in my eyes, as CC is much more versatile, and you can buy what you want with CC.

An explanation to these changes would be good, but somehow I doubt we will get the answer anytime soon.

Edited by Otowi
Corrected some typos.

52 minutes ago, Otowi said:

I do find it strange that they didn't tell us about the unlock price hike before GS 3 was released, nor why they increased the price.

[...]

This is honestly my biggest issue with the devs recently. They rarely give specific reasons for changes and actions. Even when they ask for feedback they come back with a vague post about something not meeting their targets. Giving players more information is a good thing. If players know what the targets are they will know when something isn't right.

With the CC issue of GS3 it basically revokes what I was seeing as the potential idea the devs might have had around the free Cartel Coins in the game. They moved cartel coins away from a few select individuals who referral spammed on korriban and gave all the subscribers a few thousand every few months on top of your sub. Both systems gave cartel coins to an individual without having to buy packs, but one only benefited a few.

Maybe the cartel packs from GS3 will be better for pushing cartel items back onto the GTN (which helps inflation), but the collections price hike is just decreasing the total amount of CC in the game, and that in turn will be a negative for the in game inflation of credits.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WraithAssassin said:

So far devs have posted on forums for known issues with 7.1.1 but can't pop in here to explain this change or bug or whatever?

Poor form.

Agreed. The devs promise better communication, but then fail to follow up on that. 

When will they learn that going radio silent is not good for the game, and makes the players wonder what's going on, and getting no almost answers, unless it blows up in spectacular fashion on the forums...

44 minutes ago, Otowi said:

Agreed. The devs promise better communication, but then fail to follow up on that. 

When will they learn that going radio silent is not good for the game, and makes the players wonder what's going on, and getting no almost answers, unless it blows up in spectacular fashion on the forums...

Well... They did say why though.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20221020

This time with a link because it's not 2 years old...

The value of the added items and reduced CCs accomplishes two things: 1. The buying CC for credits gets to be less of a thing and 2. the value still stays the same

The increase for the collections unlock is probably an oversight but at the end of the day you get the ccs from GS3 anyway and still end up getting stuff so... eeeeh complaining about how much is given for free is dumb imo, it still ends up being free.

Edited by ZUHFB

33 minutes ago, ZUHFB said:

The value of the added items and reduced CCs accomplishes two things: 1. The buying CC for credits gets to be less of a thing and 2. the value still stays the same

The increase for the collections unlock is probably an oversight but at the end of the day you get the ccs from GS3 anyway and still end up getting stuff so... eeeeh complaining about how much is given for free is dumb imo, it still ends up being free.

True. But not every one agrees with cartel packs replacing the lost CC's, and that they are of equal value, wich they are not. CC's are much better, since as I mentioned, you can get what you want with them, instead of cartel packs, wich is pure RNG, and usually will not get you what you want...

As for the collections unlock price hike, yes, that might very well be an oversight, but I still feel like they should come out and tell us why they did that.

Edited by Otowi

11 minutes ago, Otowi said:

True. But not every one agrees with cartel packs replacing the lost CC's, and that they are of equal value, wich they are not. CC's are much better, since as I mentioned, you can get what you want with them, instead of cartel packs, wich is pure RNG, and usually will not get you what you want...

According to Bioware it is the same :) Also it fits the gambling theme of the season.

2 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

According to Bioware it is the same :) Also it fits the gambling theme of the season.

This is mostly a joke, but I really want to say the spirit of gambling is scam and that's what the theme of this season is XD

PS: In case ppl can't read /s. I'm disappointed about the cut of CCs and especially the raise of the unlock price but I won't call it a scam, just a disappointment.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:07 PM, ZUHFB said:

Like i mentioned in my initial post, the mark up in Collections put aside my plans to get the CE vendor pass. Because with cheap unlocks, i'd have useful CC to spend how i like. Not be handed RNG packs full of stuff that i can't seem to sell on the GTN. Sometimes i get a few sales, but with my bad RNG? Mostly garbage dyes, mounts, pets, weapons (and i'm talking bronze here) just get dragged out of my inventory and destroyed.

2 hours ago, WraithAssassin said:

Like i mentioned in my initial post, the mark up in Collections put aside my plans to get the CE vendor pass. Because with cheap unlocks, i'd have useful CC to spend how i like. Not be handed RNG packs full of stuff that i can't seem to sell on the GTN. Sometimes i get a few sales, but with my bad RNG? Mostly garbage dyes, mounts, pets, weapons (and i'm talking bronze here) just get dragged out of my inventory and destroyed.

I agree, the devs don't - apparently.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, eabevella said:

Imagine players spending 5x time playing on 5 servers... Bioware doesn't like that kind of "abuse" apparently lol

It's been some time since I gave up trying to figure out why Bioware regularly imposes restrictions against spending more time playing their game, be it these pumped-up Collections unlocks, reduced CC rewards, low game-currency caps, and so on. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of going out on a limb here ... BUT IMO the idea for GS-3 seems to be centered around the following:

** Group interactions to maximize "profits" from GS-3 (for lack of a better term)

** A gambling theme of sorts

** Getting more free stuff: (if the individual so chooses to utilize the suggested path for GS-3 achievements.

BUYOUTS?  Sorry, but this is the best term I could think of (again ... must be having a senior moment ... again).  IMO buyouts are optional.  The prices for those buyouts are set by BW team.  That is their privilege.  When we still have the option to get it for free then that is up to us to choose how to acquire items found in the GS series.  

It should also be noted:  Liking (or NOT liking) what has been placed in GS-3 is ALSO an option.