Subscription purchase issues

CommunityTeam

I dont know that this issue was but it does not appear to be fixed. 
I logged in tonight to find myself "preferred" when i shouldn't be, and when attempting to check my account on the website it only half loaded and looked like an old text site from decades ago. 
In short i cannot play.
Can someone check the hamster please? 

13 hours ago, Floplag said:

and when attempting to check my account on the website it only half loaded and looked like an old text site from decades ago.

Yes  something is def.  borked  and  i THINK  it's related to a recent  Windows update , because  now i'm getting  strange  old basic 'dos/word' type formatting  at  swtor.com   login & account  pages.   And it won't even let me access my  'private messages'  when i try to click into them from  swtor.com  site anymore.

It wasn't  like this (for me) last nite.

Today i just  activated the latest  Windows update (plus cleared cookies & stuff) and  *bam*  i'm now getting problems  with  swtor.com   website.  ( But  NOT  at these  new forums  pages )

hey  @JackieKo and  @CommunityTeam , please advise?  Any insight or  anything popping up similar on your end?

Edited by Nee-Elder

4 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Yes  something is def.  borked  and  i THINK  it's related to a recent  Windows update , because  now i'm getting  strange  old basic 'dos/word' type formatting  at  swtor.com   login & account  pages.   And it won't even let me access my  'private messages'  when i try to click into them from  swtor.com  site anymore.

It wasn't  like this (for me) last nite.

Today i just  activated the latest  Windows update (plus cleared cookies & stuff) and  *bam*  i'm now getting problems  with  swtor.com   website.  ( Not  at these  new forums  pages though )

hey  @JackieKo and  @CommunityTeam , please advise?  Any insight or  anything popping up similar on your end?

Yes, same here... 
if it helps i use the launcher not steam, although i doubt thats relevant to this.
Please advise as i currently cannot access my account or play the game at all. 

• Dev Post
14 hours ago, Floplag said:

I dont know that this issue was but it does not appear to be fixed. 
I logged in tonight to find myself "preferred" when i shouldn't be, and when attempting to check my account on the website it only half loaded and looked like an old text site from decades ago. 
In short i cannot play.
Can someone check the hamster please? 

Hi Floplag, 

Can you confirm if clearing cache/using control 5 works? Thanks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi Floplag, 

Can you confirm if clearing cache/using control 5 works? Thanks. 

Answered on twitter, lol  Thanks so much for jumping on this.
No that did not work, even using my second computer still failed, although the site wasnt as borked. 
Apparently my auto renew payment failed, which it should not have, i got not notification of this, and my account went into preferred mode which i guess is right but there is no reason the payment should have failed.
The error is very non-descript and doesnt give me a reason  for the failure.
I got a similar error a couple days ago trying to add some CC, brushed it off, but apparently whatever this is has been affecting me for more than just the last 24 hours. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfC3a7hVsAcdDPO?format=jpg&name=medium

• Dev Post
21 minutes ago, Floplag said:

Answered on twitter, lol  Thanks so much for jumping on this.
No that did not work, even using my second computer still failed, although the site wasnt as borked. 
Apparently my auto renew payment failed, which it should not have, i got not notification of this, and my account went into preferred mode which i guess is right but there is no reason the payment should have failed.
The error is very non-descript and doesnt give me a reason  for the failure.
I got a similar error a couple days ago trying to add some CC, brushed it off, but apparently whatever this is has been affecting me for more than just the last 24 hours. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfC3a7hVsAcdDPO?format=jpg&name=medium

To keep the dev tracker aligned, this seems to be a different issue than the one that was experienced yesterday. I let the team know and they're looking into it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

To keep the dev tracker aligned, this seems to be a different issue than the one that was experienced yesterday. I let the team know and they're looking into it. 

OK we gotta pick a conversation here or twitter :)    I would prefer here if its all the same to you?  

Much appreciated, and thanks again for jumping on it. Is there anything that can be done with my account on the interim so i can actually play? I dont need it till later this afternoon/tonight but, yeah, if this is going to take a while please see what can be done? Thanks

Edited by Floplag

• Dev Post
3 minutes ago, Floplag said:

OK we gotta pick a conversation here or twitter :)    I would prefer here if its all the same to you?  

Much appreciated, and thanks again for jumping on it. Is there anything that can be done with my account on the interim so i can actually play? I dont need it till later this afternoon/tonight but, yeah, if this is going to take a while please see what can be done? Thanks

I cannot guarantee a timeline as it depends on what the issue is and what the solve is. It's currently being investigated. I will update the thread here with an update from the team when they have one. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

I cannot guarantee a timeline as it depends on what the issue is and what the solve is. It's currently being investigated. I will update the thread here with an update from the team when they have one. 

Understood.  Please update ASAP. 

10 hours ago, Floplag said:

For the benefit of anyone else that runs into this, i was able to resolve it by paying thru paypal.  This makes no sense as it pulled from the same card, but it worked. 

It makes sense in that there are two links (card=>Paypal and Paypal=>SWTOR) instead of just one (card=>SWTOR).  If the link is busted rather than SWTOR's or your bank's payment handling, that doesn't mean that going via Paypal is busted.

4 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It makes sense in that there are two links (card=>Paypal and Paypal=>SWTOR) instead of just one (card=>SWTOR).  If the link is busted rather than SWTOR's or your bank's payment handling, that doesn't mean that going via Paypal is busted.

No not at all, paypal is what worked.  It would appear that its the credit card handling on SWTOR site thats broken, at least partially, for some carriers. 
My point is just to let people know what worked for me  if that is an option for them. 
In the end is the same account so it doesnt really make a difference to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Floplag said:

No not at all, paypal is what worked.

Yes, that's what I meant.  Paypal => SWTOR works.  Your card => Paypal works.  Your card =(directly)=> SWTOR does not work, but that non-working doesn't affect the PP=>SWTOR transfer, not the Yourcard=>PP transfer.

It would appear that its the credit card handling on SWTOR site thats broken, at least partially, for some carriers. 

Indeed, a good thing to point out.

My point is just to let people know what worked for me  if that is an option for them. 
In the end is the same account so it doesnt really make a difference to me. 

Overall, I'm glad to see that you found a way to get it done, and thanks for letting us know what you did.

I,M UNABLE TO DELETE MY OLD PAYPAL ACCOUNT ( sunscription ended last year and never renewed ) and paypal authorization was deleted .

so i can't use the same email. i've tryed to delete it but cancel button seems not work. so i've created  a new account with auxiliary paypal mail

someone can explain this ?

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago, my subscription failed also. it has been on auto renewal for years with no problems. Had to change it to PayPal, to get it to work.

According to my bank, it’s the new security regulations in my country that is the problem. EA has not updated their transactions to the new regulations.

The subscription issues are certaintly still a thing. This has been the most frustrating and miserable experience I have had with a company in a long time. I tried subscribing 3-4 months ago and had these same issues. I gave up and simply uninstalled. Yesterday I installed again and the same horrible errors happend again. There was NO issues on my side (with my cards). I tried resetting passwords etc. nothing worked. Eventually I managed to pay via Paypal, but man..... I still feel that having this experience makes me just wanna uninstall and say f**k this. Also note, this isn't anything new and same issues goes back years. Idk how you guys manage to fund this game.