Lieutenant Xorem

unclebrick

I have an weird bug because i can't see or interact with this quest giver on Ord mantel Lieutenant Xorem. Their name and quest symbol is there but not the actual NPC themselves. I know this is a known bug since 2013 why and the hell has this not been fixed since it is an important NPC to 100% Ord Mantell either fix this problem or at least put a lore object in the room with the doctor. I made several characters and none of them can see the quest giver. I deleted cache and reinstalled to no avail. I am getting sick and tired of paying for a game that the devs does not seem to want to fix a decade old bug.

On 10/3/2022 at 8:31 PM, unclebrick said:

I know this is a known bug since 2013 why and the hell has this not been fixed

(non-BioWare non-SWTOR programmer here...)

Because they can't reliably reproduce it *anywhere*, assuming they can reproduce it **at**all**.  (I've never seen this particular problem, and I've been playing since ... 2013.)

Really.  If the develpers cannot reproduce the bug, they have exactly *no* hope of finding what triggers it unless someone stumbles across a "hey, if X happens here, Y won't happen after" moment(1) when looking at the right part of the code.

(1) These moments are real, where you look at a bit of code and realise that X causes non-Y, so you go hunting to see if X is possible, and you realise that if the user is wearing black socks, it's guaranteed to happen.  (Yes, your PC has a sensor that can tell what colour your socks are.  <<<==== Joke.)

On 10/3/2022 at 1:31 PM, unclebrick said:

I have an weird bug because i can't see or interact with this quest giver on Ord mantel Lieutenant Xorem. Their name and quest symbol is there but not the actual NPC themselves. I know this is a known bug since 2013 why and the hell has this not been fixed since it is an important NPC to 100% Ord Mantell either fix this problem or at least put a lore object in the room with the doctor. I made several characters and none of them can see the quest giver. I deleted cache and reinstalled to no avail. I am getting sick and tired of paying for a game that the devs does not seem to want to fix a decade old bug.

I also just created some new characters on The Leviathan, and on my Trooper, I was not able to obtain his quest, due to his invisibility. Will be checking on the Smuggler in the next few days. When I read up on it, it seemed to have no rhyme or reason. I even watched another player talking to him, but the ran off before I could ask them to group. I have heard grouping with another player who can see him allows you to somehow interact with him as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to continue to report this, I submitted a bug in-game, since my last 3 characters through Ord Mantell have not been able to see Xorem, even when the quest indicator is floating there. This has been on The Leviathan (both Trooper and Smuggler) and Tulak Hord (Trooper only so far).

Here is my experience with the Xorem bug. As described, Xorem appears as a floating, unclickable name plate in game. I tried to create new characters, and even a brand new account, to no avail.

Given that not everyone has the bug, i borrowed a notebook with an Intel onboard videocard - that barely can run the game - and guess what? The elusive Lt. Xorem was right over there, to give me his quest. Since i can't rely on this "fix" (the notebook must go back to its owner), i got the quest in all toons i had, logged back on my pc, did Xorem's quest, and logged back on the notebook to deliver it.  It's really annoying that, by being kept from doing this quest, not only you miss the quest, but also a codex entry and the Ord Mantell loremaster achievement.

Here is the specs of the machine where Xorem is invisible

AMD Athlon FX-8300 Vishera

Gigabyte GA78LMT-S2P

6 Gb DD3

AMD Radeon R7 250 1Gb (driver Radeon Adrenalin 21.5.2)

Edited by yandcabral