Let Us Remove MK-11 Augment Kits from Gear

Jephryp

With all the gear upgrading we are doing, it would be very nice to be able to remove the MK-11 kits from gear before upgrading a piece of gear. I've augmented green 326 gear at the beginning of the evening only to get a blue upgrade (or, God forbid, a purple LOL) and needed to augment it again in the span of a few hours. MK-11s are spendy! Even though I can make them myself, it is still a pain to NOT be able to remove them from gear. I'd gladly pay credits to remove them.
  • Like 1

With all the gear upgrading we are doing, it would be very nice to be able to remove the MK-11 kits from gear before upgrading a piece of gear. I've augmented green 326 gear at the beginning of the evening only to get a blue upgrade (or, God forbid, a purple LOL) and needed to augment it again in the span of a few hours. MK-11s are spendy! Even though I can make them myself, it is still a pain to NOT be able to remove them from gear. I'd gladly pay credits to remove them.

I totally agree! It is time.....

i think crafting recipes need to be adjusted. I've always thought that making things to destroy them to harvest parts to make aug kits is extremely dumb.

On a larger scale though, the 6.x crafting system needed sooooo many mats that it was ridiculous. Fast forward to now and there just aren't enough mats available in the quantities we need to craft in bulk. In addition, with the changes to cq and gear, we can't easily obtain some of the mats anymore. With the exodus of a lot of people, the availability of mats on the gtn has gone way down.

Edited by Chryptyk

This thread is near and dear to my heart. The game has become a gear grind and having and getting the most from endgame gear does require the use of augments. Presently, the augments can be removed from gear for a cost, but the expensive MK-11 Augmentation kits get destroyed in upgrades. MK-11 Aug kits are expensive to buy on GTN and expensive to produce.

I am not a fan of the current crafting system that requires that you create multiple subassemblies in hierarchical succession in order to get to one upper-level item. Because of this and the scarcity of materials for crafting in the upper tier, upper tier items are excessively expensive. Fewer people are crafting or care to craft because of the trouble in even reaching upper tier crafting.

Since a crafting update is not on the horizon, Bioware, how about allowing us to remove the augments for a fee and reuse them on another piece of gear.

It's amusing how we have threads where people insist that we need more credit sinks to fight inflation, while we also have threads by people complaining about spending credits. 😇

Most people figured out a long time ago not to augment your gear too early. 😉

It's amusing how we have threads where people insist that we need more credit sinks to fight inflation, while we also have threads by people complaining about spending credits. 😇

Most people figured out a long time ago not to augment your gear too early. 😉

Wouldn't this actually make a NEW credit sink?

Buying kits from players is just transferring credits that were already created, not creating more.

If there was a fee to remove them....credits out of the system = credit sink

I have not augmented any gear since 7.0; i refused to until i could get mods to put into adaptive armour shells again.

Now we have mods and adaptive armour the augments go back on; because i only need to do it once.