Did I just lose 1B Credits?

Pibbe

So I have sold some expensive stuff on the GTN and I didnt know there was a credit cap on my character, so when I went to pick up the mail with the credits I did not get any even tho I "could" take the credits out of the mail.

Did I just lose all those credits?

I meen I had just sold a "Tulak Hord's Armor Set" for 1B credit.... Did all that just vanish into nothing?

ooof!

Oh well, I guess there is nothing to do if CS dont help.

Kinda stupid that there is no "warning" or something if you try to take out (or trade for that matter) and your credits would go over the cap.

I had no idea at all that there was a credit cap on your character

Avoid mailing more than a billion in a single mail as well since it can bug out. The recipient will see it as a COD mail with no item attached which prevents them from accepting it. If they click the return option or let it time out then you get the mail back but it also shows as a COD mail with no item and then eventually it gets auto-deleted.

I read this as "18" credits initially lmao, what's the big deal? :rak_02:

No, I feel for you. I 'lost' 750M recently buying a legacy storage account unlock. it was lit up so I assumed it would add something, but I already have the max numbers of legacy pages, so all it does is add an extra page if i were to start a brand new legacy on a different server :(. Otherwise it costs significantly less just to use credits to buy stuff directly. There's a lot of crap like that on the GTN that I wish the devs would do something about, but that's not gonna happen.

yes. I've probably deleted around 20 billion so far accidentally accepting all credits or forgetting to deposit credits between trades.

Sucks that anything over 4.29 billion gets permanently deleted. I have asked customer service and their answer was "we can not track credits that are deleted" so no refund.

ooof!

Oh well, I guess there is nothing to do if CS dont help.

Kinda stupid that there is no "warning" or something if you try to take out (or trade for that matter) and your credits would go over the cap.

I had no idea at all that there was a credit cap on your character

No warning? Every single credit you get via loot, mission reward, sale, etc... gives you a warning that you are approaching the credit cap, once you get near 3.5B.

To avoid doing that mistake again, transfer credits to your legacy bank and keep your character(s) well below the cap.

No warning? Every single credit you get via loot, mission reward, sale, etc... gives you a warning that you are approaching the credit cap, once you get near 3.5B.

Except that you can blow right past 3.5B to north of 4.29B in a single step if you are, say, at 3.4B and gather a billion in a single hit...

Except that you can blow right past 3.5B to north of 4.29B in a single step if you are, say, at 3.4B and gather a billion in a single hit...

and you would only lose around 200 million, not the entire 1 Billion.

and you would only lose around 200 million, not the entire 1 Billion.

nope...

If you reach 3.45 B the warning appears that your limit is 4.29 billion.

If you sell an item for 1 B, you will loose 8-90 million gtn tax. So you get at best 920 Mio out of it.

3.45 B + 920 mio = 4.37 B

So if you don't ignore the warning at 3.45 B, the max you can lose is 80 mio.

nope...

If you reach 3.45 B the warning appears that your limit is 4.29 billion.

If you sell an item for 1 B, you will loose 8-90 million gtn tax. So you get at best 920 Mio out of it.

3.45 B + 920 mio = 4.37 B

So if you don't ignore the warning at 3.45 B, the max you can lose is 80 mio.

Technically, you always "lose" the taxed amount anyway.

yes. I've probably deleted around 20 billion so far accidentally accepting all credits or forgetting to deposit credits between trades.

Sucks that anything over 4.29 billion gets permanently deleted. I have asked customer service and their answer was "we can not track credits that are deleted" so no refund.

Ouch. It's ok, think of it this way, you did your part to help slow down inflation in this game by 0.0001%. You have my respect.

Ouch. It's ok, think of it this way, you did your part to help slow down inflation in this game by 0.0001%. You have my respect.

hurt so much when I noticed I sold all my augments and basically threw it away claiming all my auction sales at once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.