When will people finally learn...

Loadsamonie

...that you need to GET IN FRONT of the Ball Carrier in Huttball to ensure they have someone to pass to.

''This one simple trick will change your Hutball experience: FOREVER!''

Never.

I have to walk the ball in, where possible. Meanwhile the enemy team are passing the thing like firemen forming a bucket chain.

The first 3 touchdowns I could understand. But you'd think folks would figure it out by the fifth..

Edited by Scudmungus

They don't care. They are there to deathmatch.

I know I just started the PVP in this game after many years of playing, avoided it mainly because I don't like the way targeting works.

But yeah, didn't take me many matches to see that happening, spend most of PVP matches on the team that plays that way, only thing that allows me to try again, I get on a team that actually know how to play. It may not be long I just give up, and just do GSF for my PVP in this game

I mean, with the exception of 4v4 Arenas, Warzones are objective-based games. You play for the objective. In Huttball, you take the ball to the enemy teams goal, you pass to teammates to keep the ball in play. In Alderaan, Denova, Yavin, etc, you attack the enemy node and defend your own. In Voidstar you plant the bomb and defend the doors.

It's not hard. You don't play Warzones like a TDM. That's now what they are.

The turnover is high enough that the average in skill has gone in the toilet compared to even a few years ago. It's really not surprising that people struggle with even the little mechanics in huttball.

I just finally figure how to do that.

I feel like the enemy knows I'm new and half their team attacks me, I'm like OK, want to attack me not my teammate doing the adjective , I'll try the best I can to stay alive long enough to pull them away, And it''s funny they stay on me, keeping their attention on me and not my teammate :rolleyes:. Hey I may die allot, but I'll take that win doing that

I just finally figure how to do that.

I feel like the enemy knows I'm new and half their team attacks me, I'm like OK, want to attack me not my teammate doing the adjective , I'll try the best I can to stay alive long enough to pull them away, And it''s funny they stay on me, keeping their attention on me and not my teammate :rolleyes:. Hey I may die allot, but I'll take that win doing that

Yeah and that is the difference, I wouldn't. I'd much rather not die a single time while still taking 3 to 4million and lose then die 6 times with 2.5million taken.

I mean, with the exception of 4v4 Arenas, Warzones are objective-based games. You play for the objective. In Huttball, you take the ball to the enemy teams goal, you pass to teammates to keep the ball in play. In Alderaan, Denova, Yavin, etc, you attack the enemy node and defend your own. In Voidstar you plant the bomb and defend the doors.

How you gonna plant that bomb with enemies around? Don't you have to kill them? How you gonna take a hypergates pillar? How would you even defend it??? If you cannot defend a pillar in 1v1 then you defending has no effect, your team is not gonna come for you and expecting that would be ridiculous. How would Huttball look if that's true? Team with most operatives wins?

Especially Hypergates should be played like a TDM and if you don't you are not playing objective.

You would be surprised how many of the WZ(not including Huttball) can be won by actually pvping...and pvping well. Also if I am on a PT tank and I pull allied ball carrier into the fire I am not playing Huttball incorrectly; I am simply playing it the way I choose to do so. Isn't that Bioware motto? "Player choice" or "Play your way and all that?"

Also if I am on a PT tank and I pull allied ball carrier into the fire I am not playing Huttball incorrectly

Best thing is that I could totally believe this was an accident because you already know some pvpers are bad enough to do that unintentionally. :D

It may not be long I just give up, and just do GSF for my PVP in this game

Then you are in better position than me because I was used to how PvP was long time ago and it took me way too much time to finally give up (around 1,5 years ago) and jump to GSF. I still miss the old days in PvP but I certainly don't miss the current state of it. I am still tempted to give it one more try after the upcomming revamp but that depends on what, if anything, they change.

How you gonna plant that bomb with enemies around? Don't you have to kill them? How you gonna take a hypergates pillar? How would you even defend it??? If you cannot defend a pillar in 1v1 then you defending has no effect, your team is not gonna come for you and expecting that would be ridiculous. How would Huttball look if that's true? Team with most operatives wins?

Especially Hypergates should be played like a TDM and if you don't you are not playing objective.

There is a huge difference between pure TDM while ignoring objectives and playing objectives properly which of course involves engaging in combat and killing players in the right time and in the right place.

For example doing pure TDM in AH in the mid while your whole team ignores pylons is pointless exercise in futility leading to a loss if enemy team doesn't ignore the pylons. All the kills are worth exactly zero points without the pylons. So despite what many players think, AH is not a TDM map. It is an objective based map as any other (8vs8). 4vs4 arenas are the only TDM maps in swtor.

But any competent objective player worth their salt knows this and also knows the difference between an actual mindless TDM + ignoring objectives and the other. And I guess most ppl that complain about TDM complain about anti-objective players that ignore objectives completely.

And I speak generally, it's not pointed towards you as I can't possibly know what type of player you are nor care.

Edited by black_pyros