So now when Season 2 is over, why should we stay subscribed?

black_pyros

Then I don't see a reason why they can't start new Season immediately or soon after. It's not like it's super hard to design a new companion and bunch of new cosmestics or even recycle the ones from Season 1. It's like they simply don't want the money.

lol yeah, that's it exactly.

A lot of people seem to forget that there is a lot more to this game than just 'seasons' or 'endgame'. Sure, if you've been around forever, you've done most of the stuff and want something 'new' or 'more'. But consider those who are new to the game and are just working on their class story etc. They have lots and lots of stuff to do before they even get to 'endgame'.

What players are new to this game?

Which new player will subscribe to a dead game with a incompetent and lazy dev team ?

If I were a new player I never would subscribe to a game managed by persons who announce a year long celebration and than deliver nothing.

Then I don't see a reason why they can't start new Season immediately or soon after.

So the need to design all the stuff for each new season before they release it is a big bunch of nothing?

Yes, I realise that that just says that they should, perhaps, let the seasons run for longer, or produce other *NEW* stuff for us to do, but I hope the point that building stuff for seasons isn't free has not escaped you.

So the need to design all the stuff for each new season before they release it is a big bunch of nothing?

Yes, I realise that that just says that they should, perhaps, let the seasons run for longer, or produce other *NEW* stuff for us to do, but I hope the point that building stuff for seasons isn't free has not escaped you.

The season stuff is copy paste. It doesn't get much easier than re-releasing a system they created 2 years ago. Only new thing is the companion. This **** isn't rocket science.

How about bring back old content taken out of game several years ago (give or take) like the Original Ilum Dailes (which was my favorite part of this game (more than grinding NiM's)), now, instead of every day visiting my most loved planet, it's only a few times a year for Gree event - more stuff to bring back with the recent return of Launch era Coluni/ Rakata suits (that I already have, but still BoP for me :mad:), bring back the other ancient {Dark Reaver} sets but BoL this time (since mine are still BoP), and Battlemaster PvP sets from Launch era as well (for the same reason), and definitely the named weapons from Launch era, but BoL this time (again, for the same reason as the rest, mine r still BoP)(ex: {Darth Bandon's Dualsaber}, Atris' Offhand Lightsaber (preferably rename to just {Atris' Lightsaber} for either mainhand/ offhand, and so forth - and preferably revamp all those Launch named weapons so they don't look so generic anymore but give it all its original color crystals it came with, too (ex: Cyan, Purple, & add Black-Purple, Black-Blue, Black-Orange since it's of that era - make these craftable as before); Dread Forged sets/ weapons, also (craftable as before)

I totally get what some ppl here are saying, this game has gotten stale and there isn't anything really to progress for some Launch era players/ serious grinders/ completionists & such, really haven't gotten much over the past several months of delay, so why just inflate a sunk cost on our end of further subbing & waiting for Neverland to appear of us getting a lot more content.

However, if this game utilized its oldest content, it could get considerably more mileage out of this game in the meantime of waiting for the expansion with minimal cost, while enriching newer players or post-Launch players with items like the Launch named weapons that are pretty cool as it looks like it is straight out of the KoToRs and making returned ancient suits^ BoL this time (like the returned Coluni & Rakata, but modifiable) it will appeal to Launch players as well who still have it the originals BoP

Edited by Willjb

What players are new to this game?

Um yeah, the 'new' players - that is, people who haven't played SWTOR before - are new to this game

If I were a new player I never would subscribe to a game managed by persons who announce a year long celebration and than deliver nothing.

If you were a new player, you'd be too interested in trying to get to the Fleet to get your Ship, to worry about whether or not there's a celebration.

😂

** For some of us season 2 wasn't that great to begin with. A number of the "requirements" (for a "proper" level of participation) was less than appetizing at best. The rewards or items available to spend said rewards even less attractive (let alone desirous enough to be considered captivating or alluring).

** I agree somewhat with OP and others who are asking the "WHY" question. There should be a genuine reason / purpose for continuing our journey here (and in game).

** I have personally supported SWTOR and the staff. (I still do). No this is not a "white knight" response. I am simply pointing out the obvious response from more than just one point of view. That said ... I also see the need for a serious positive note from the team. (not just a dry interview that yields less than significant results in game). I'm not trying to be rude ... but IMO the game is definitely hurting right now.

** Feeling trapped due to responsibilities (in game or otherwise) ... while understandable at times should never be the final end result of a game that should be a lot more fun. Yet .. as a guild leader this is unquestionably a part of leadership, management and other related matters. Properly executing these, while still "having fun", can be something of a juggling act. Frankly is salute those of you who are guild leaders successfully balancing that aspect of the game. ( something that should not be taken for granted).

** Season 3 ... Unless there is a significant change in the availability of goods / rewards / (aka a large enough carrot) I'm not so sure we need a season 3. Give us a good reason to WANT to participate.

** Reasons to subscribe??? Given the current condition of gearing, bugs , and still needing more content ... companions (???) ... and other glaring questions right now .. IMO this is a difficult question to answer. I've personally decided to stick around until the end of 2022. Beyond that there MUST BE a clear cut and decisive response from the appropriate personnel to allow SWTOR to regain a significant part of its "roots".

* It's story

* Companions

* Content

* Other activities

IMO .. the team already knows how to do this. And I'm quite certain that this is being reviewed. They are not ignorant. They are quite capable of doing the job. It has been done in the past (more than once).

Someone inside of BW knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about ... (and more than likely EA will have to give their blessings first). The game will either receive the help and directive it needs and will return ... OR it will NOT!

That decision is beyond my control.

My sub has 8 days left. I'm going to start not doing 6-month subscription, and pay for a month as needed.

6months for $78 US, would take me to January.

The only content I see coming that I really want to do, is the Nar Shadda Nighlife event, next month. So, I'll pay $15 for 30 days, as I like that event, and hopefully some new cool items. After that, I'll wait. I did the dailies on Manaan, and they aren't that exciting, and the decos aren't something I do. Also, not really caring about the new Op, so I don't need top of the line gear either. This is going to save me some money, until after the next real content comes out or Galactic seasons (which I dont expect until October or later).

I did make a new character, for fun, try a different role/etc, and will make that the preferred char to play for now.

I'm not saying everyone should do it, new subs should play through everything. I've been playing 10+ years, so I've seen it all, and feel I can now pick and choose monthly subs given the length of time between content drops.

They should always run stuff like Galactic seasons or something like that.. and not just the same returning events.

That would make people busy and happy!

That can not be that hard to make that happen! :)

Come on BioWare! You can do it!

:jawa_tongue:

Well as an heavy crafter// galactic trade seller and alt player, the perk I gain + de 600 cartel/month worth it. That + helping to game to be in a not so bad state is more then enough for me. I also never add to buy the + hotbar, wallet and a way less character slot since I'm always subbed. I'd have to spend ton of cartel pts in order too drop subs.

Even with all of billions of credit I do make, I still spend ton of cartel on armor set// tuning // weapons etc.

Edited by Varlak

I meant that it takes time and effort to do, in particular time and effort that could be used to develop other things instead.

They do neither, all the things we were supposed to get in a year of celebration? Where is it? Or should we talk about expansion that was comically short and with holes and placeholders for missing content to boot? So they do not develop seasons, they do not develop game content, they do not develop events.... What on earth do they actually do?

Edited by Lucyfer_Infinity

They do neither, all the things we were supposed to get in a year of celebration? Where is it? Or should we talk about expansion that was comically shot and with holes and placeholders for missing content to boot? So they do not develop seasons, they do not develop game content, they do not develop events.... What on earth do they actually do?

Yup, that's exactly what I would like to know, too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.