The eternal joke

JinougaX

The eternal championship is actually broken. Ridiculous amounts of damage, broken mechanics, one shots from nowhere. I wasted my entire night on this garbage. Whoever designed these boss fights needs to be fired immediately. They are an absolute incompetent.

EDIT-After looking into this a bit more I am depressed. The problem is even worse. Quite simply level sync and low stats on 7.0 gear have made us significantly weaker than these bosses. They should have been adjusted to compensate, but no that would be logical. Good job devs. You guys are pro.

Edited by JinougaX

It's harder because they fixed the scaling. It was supposed to be level 65 for players and NPCs, but in Fallen Empire or Onslaught (don't remember which), it was bugged so players were level 70 while NPCs were still 65. Now, it's been returned to how it was before. There's a reason I never did those achievements until Onslaught. Since 7.0, I've been able to beat it with my main, a Sorcerer, but I'm not sure it's even possible for every combat style like it was before. You need a good mix of abilities: defensive cooldowns, self-healing, burst DPS, and good AoE. Several combat styles don't have all these and simply can't finish all ten rounds. You can still get the wookiee companion without finishing the whole thing. Clearing the first 5 bosses gives 2,500 influence; repeat 4 times to get the needed 10,000 influence. Some of the achievements, like the speed run, might not be possible anymore. Edited by ThanderSnB

The new scaling can be called many things but "fixed" is not one of them.

Exactly.

This is supposed to be doable in 15min for the achievement.

Granted, this was always a tough one. I was working on this just before 7.0 release, and could make it in about 15:30.

Now I can't even get close to that any more.

I wouldn't call that "fixed" either.

Exactly.

This is supposed to be doable in 15min for the achievement.

Granted, this was always a tough one. I was working on this just before 7.0 release, and could make it in about 15:30.

Now I can't even get close to that any more.

I wouldn't call that "fixed" either.

Mhm, I tried it and the timer starts counting after you pick up the quest. I got a 16:20 but from first fight to last fight I was sub 15, also I didn't see any... major difficulties, well ok - you shouldn't kill yourself in the reflects of course :D probably the hardest part of that fight.

Mhm, I tried it and the timer starts counting after you pick up the quest.

Yes, that's part of the problem. Immediately rocket-boost after accepting the quest.

With a few retries you can easily get the time down to 15:45, but from there it gets exponentially more difficult to reduce it further.

The new scaling can be called many things but "fixed" is not one of them.

Fixed in the sense that players and NPCs should have always been both 65 like it was originally. Not fixed in the sense that there are achievements that can't be completed now and some combat styles that can't complete it at all since 7.0.

Edited by ThanderSnB

Fixed in the sense that players and NPCs should have always been both 65 like it was originally. Not fixed in the sense that there are achievements that can't be completed now and some combat styles that can't complete it at all since 7.0.

Every combat style can complete it, please tell me which one can't...

I haven't even been able to make it thru the first 5.:(

The only one of my characters to finish the fight and get wookie was my smuggler, because the fight is easier.

My non-smuggler (I forget which one, either my BH or my jugg) got wookie by repeating first 3 fights over & over to get influence.

Eternal Championship has gotten progressively more difficult with every level cap increase / retuning since it originally was released.

What was cool and somewhat different about the design of EC was that it was designed for a single player and companion to complete without help, but to be challenging through requiring fight mechanics to be adhered to. Rather than allowing the difficulty to increase after retuning (obviously following cap increases and involving "bolster" or scaling (whichever term Bioware wants to use these days)), this would have been a perfect content candidate for vet and master modes with increasing rewards for each.

Unfortunately, the rewards were quickly outdated after the first cap increase that followed its release and people were never given much incentive to keep it relevant. As it stands, the players that are very good at the game's hardest content think everything is just fine while casual players that just look for variety are quickly discouraged because it is clearly more difficult today than it was in May of 2016, despite our characters supposedly being more powerful. So we have content sitting there that few people do.

My stance is that content should not become more difficult over time. If a player struggles to do something as a level 70 character, then it should be slightly easier at level 75. It definitely shouldn't be more difficult. That way a player has an incentive to return to something maybe they didn't complete at an earlier date.