Seeking Artifacts

Mikalar

OK, trying start the Seasons Objective Seeking Artifacts to find 3 artifacts on various planets. I am currently on Alderaan and have driven around a bit hoping to get the Seeker droid found something message and realizing this could be a long day.

How does one find these artifacts? Not much info in the quest text.

Thanks

The one I know for sure is on Tatooine, in the Dune Sea, where there's a wrecked sandcrawler that's partly buried and partly on fire, on the right side (looking at the map) nearish the northern end.

EDIT: and are you doing it on a character that has the seeker droid (that has begun the mission sequence and advanced far enough to be given the droid)?

Edited by SteveTheCynic
  • Like 1

There's a few set locations where these show up on each planet, there's an old article on dulfy that shows where they all are.

I did this one yesterday so I can vouch for the Makeb locations at least. Anything you dig up will count, might help to pick up one of the triangulation boosters from a GSI vendor too if you can.

Cybertech can craft a better buff item that makes the direction indicator much more accurate. You can find 3 artifacts in just a few minutes if you have it. Otherwise, it takes forever because it will keep giving you wrong directions. Avoid the Mark I from vendors. Use the Mark II from Cybertech (or GTN).

There's an actual seeker Droid daily on Makeb, wonder if it works for the GS objective? Also on Oricon near the mission where u have to loot the power modules from the tentacle guys sticking out of the ground, not sure what the daily mission is called but that's another spit that always notifies me the seeker Droid is picking up a signal.

What makes this tedious is that a zone becomes depleted when someone finds a rare item.

Depletion of a zone affects *all* instances and takes a few hours to reset.

With so many people digging for the season its not so easy to find an active zone.

Depletion of a zone affects *all* instances and takes a few hours to reset.

If true this is a bug and should be reported as such. It definitely did not work that way a few months ago when I last did some digging.

OK, trying start the Seasons Objective Seeking Artifacts to find 3 artifacts on various planets. I am currently on Alderaan and have driven around a bit hoping to get the Seeker droid found something message and realizing this could be a long day.

How does one find these artifacts? Not much info in the quest text.

Thanks

Dealers Den on Tatooine seems to be the quickest for me. When I say "quick" I mean it takes less hours than anywhere else! Seriously, it's taken me maybe 20 minutes to find the treasures in the Dealers Den the two times I did it (on SF and SS) and you can buy the quick travel for that location from your legacy perks, if you legacy level is high enough. You use your seeker droid to find the location of where an item might be buried, once it finds a "treasure" it's scan will turn green and it will dig up the item and drop it into your inventory. Items that would count toward any seeker droid quest do not count. I've been trying to get the "Sharp Dresser" title for several years on my main. Alderaan is the worst place for treasure finding (in my opinion).

Another note: if someone else is digging in the same area and they find the "special treasure" a notification will appear the "X has found the special treasure" and your seeker droid will "no longer detects anything in this area" so you will need to find another location. You can use your macrobinoculars to scan the skies for other treasure dig locations (macrobinoculars mission can be picked up near where you got the seeker droid mission if you don't have it).

If true this is a bug and should be reported as such. It definitely did not work that way a few months ago when I last did some digging.

The reset only kicks in if someone finds the "special treasure" and you'll know because you get a notification (as I mentioned above) and that particular dig area is affected across all instances until it resets several hours later.

Edited by Sarova

The reset only kicks in if someone finds the "special treasure" and you'll know because you get a notification (as I mentioned above) and that particular dig area is affected across all instances until it resets several hours later.

It's the "all instances" part that is problematic, because it used to be instance-specific (in fact, a known trick to increase the odds of finding additional secret treasures was to try and dig in the same spot across multiple instances in a row). I don't recall seeing anything in any of the recent patch notes about changing dig site mechanics, therefore I would consider it a bug unless confirmed to be working as intended.

There's an actual seeker Droid daily on Makeb, wonder if it works for the GS objective? Also on Oricon near the mission where u have to loot the power modules from the tentacle guys sticking out of the ground, not sure what the daily mission is called but that's another spit that always notifies me the seeker Droid is picking up a signal.

Haven't tried the general seeker droid GSI missions on Makeb yet trying to complete this objective, but the ones on Hoth don't seem to count towards it FWIW.

Really wish they did, they could double/triple the count of stuff you need to dig up if it wasn't time-sinky enough for them.

Edited by SidNitzerglobin

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2022 at 12:49 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

The one I know for sure is on Tatooine, in the Dune Sea, where there's a wrecked sandcrawler that's partly buried and partly on fire, on the right side (looking at the map) nearish the northern end.

EDIT: and are you doing it on a character that has the seeker droid (that has begun the mission sequence and advanced far enough to be given the droid)?

I took the Republic QT to the Dune Sea and followed the column of smoke until I got the seeker senses something message.  I found 2 in about 15 minutes.  This was a big help.