Alliance crates need to stop dropping the pieces that are unlocked in collection

Pricia

I posted on the test server forums ages ago but... this is a problem.

Just make it so that, if the piece supposed to drop is already unlocked, it just doesn't drop. Or give us an option not to get gear pieces from crates anymore. OR make them sellable for 0 credits. ANYTHING.

I have about 1000 crates right now and I refuse to open them because it's going to take me HOURS to destroy the gear one piece at a time.

Agreed on at least increasing the drop rates of uncollected pieces.

I understand the gear not being vendorable, since you could unlock it in collections, then claim it unlimited numbers of times to vendor it for infinite credits. But yes, a multiple select / destroy is needed here.

Agreed on at least increasing the drop rates of uncollected pieces.

I understand the gear not being vendorable, since you could unlock it in collections, then claim it unlimited numbers of times to vendor it for infinite credits. But yes, a multiple select / destroy is needed here.

I'm not asking them to change the drop rates, just that we'd stop getting what we already have, even if it means a crate without gear.

The other solution is to allow them to be sold for zero, preferably only if they are unlocked in Collections for a character.

They could add a trashbin deco in the game, something like we have in Feast of Prosperity mission with the droid serving meals. It just needs some adjusting to make it function like a vendor (right click) instead of drag and drop.

I opened several thousand of those crates before 7.0 because I knew I would have to drag, drop and confirm every item I didn't want to keep, but they are piling up again.

They could add a trashbin deco in the game, something like we have in Feast of Prosperity mission with the droid serving meals. It just needs some adjusting to make it function like a vendor (right click) instead of drag and drop.

I opened several thousand of those crates before 7.0 because I knew I would have to drag, drop and confirm every item I didn't want to keep, but they are piling up again.

No kidding. Now that I have to do twice as many heroics to reach CQ on my toons, I have a ridiculous amount of crates. Seriously, it would take me hours to open them. It was already bad before because we have to turn them in one by one and the animation to open them is a huge waste of time, but with having to destroy the gear on top of it... Ugh.

Something needs to change. We need to

- be able to turn in 5/10/20/50/100 crates at a time

- the opened crates need to stack

- then the gear needs to be sellable for 0 credits

I mean, I only came back two years ago, has nobody ever complained about how much time it takes to trade in/open crates since KotFE came out?

I mean, I only came back two years ago, has nobody ever complained about how much time it takes to trade in/open crates since KotFE came out?

People pretty much stopped opening them after they finished KotFE cheevos. Everyone I know has just put them in their legacy bank ever since. The companion gifts and decos in them are nice, but as you already said, handing them one by one takes time, the opening animation that we can't skip is a massive waste of time, sorting out the items also takes time, and now getting rid of the armor pieces we don't want is also nothing but a waste of time. Waste of time outweighs heavily the nice stuff we could get from crates.