The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The gearing changes didn't work. Were all in 330 gear with no effort.

forcedpolitics

^ No, you entirely missed the point - not many people are going to want to gear up their alts of more than 1 class origin with this current gearing system when doing 1 class is enough of a pain - apparently, you put zero minutes of thought into that of which is common sense for veteran players:rolleyes:.

Yeah dang, 13k fragments and opening two boxes is just too much to gear any alt. This is the most alt friendly gearing system I've ever seen in this game.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah dang, 13k fragments and opening two boxes is just too much to gear any alt. This is the most alt friendly gearing system I've ever seen in this game.

^ The tech frag limit per toon is 11k, and if you're telling me you got 13k from 2 crates I'm not buying that. Apparently, in your ranting you missed that most gear for casuals is not bought with tech frags;), gj. And if you think this has the most alt friendly gearing system then you haven't played many MMO's.

Edited by Willjb

^ you'd have to do the whole pvp weekly to just get [1] piece of gear - not an efficient way of gearing and pales to prior gearing systems. It's not even a viable way to get geared.

BUT I, I just calculated it! PvP gearing is the only system that is in any shape or form worth your time! Everything is else is so bad it could get removed!?

Ok again: Conquest: 5 Upgrades/Week, PvP: 1.5 Upgrades/WEEKLY, PvP gearing is SO infinitely better than all the other systems it is ridiculous. Like I don't understand, this is not discussable or not a valid opinion at all. If you do not gear via PvP you are WASTING your time - FACTS. (You need 36 total upgrades for full 326)

Performance in wz's is red herring to the only 1 piece of gear at the completion of the regs weekly of a whopping 12 wz's. x2 per win but if they're that bad and don't win any, 12 wz's is a lot of time for 1 prototype piece.

Wins count triple, even if it would be double it would still be leagues above any other gearing system. Like: You could do 18 WZ (on average) OR clear CZ 21 times, and that is provided you have enough conquest mats! And if you do CZ 21 times you are done for the week, there is nothing more you can do to upgrade your gear. With PvP gear you could just relog and continue.

I'm sorry you still don't understand how to effectively gear, so I explain it YET AGAIN. AGAIN: If you chose not to gear via PvP you are MASSIVELY wasting your time, it is not comparable to any other gearing system it is so much superior to dailys/fps and yes ops. Nefra or NIM is only worth it in 326. I don't even know how is this not common knowledge?! I did the math? if you don't get it maybe look what PvP really does, you clearly don't know a lot about it or you wouldn't have made two huge mistakes #1 it's 1.5 upgrades per weekly and #2 it's triple for a win.

If you don't want to spend the time gearing up effectively - don't, but then stop crying about it. Sorry they don't hand out gear? It's not like they give it to NIM players for free, they have done the grind. You are just too lazy to do it and would rather cry about it, and thats just the truth.

Just no. NiM raiders will always get the best gear because they need it, if everybody else also has the gear it doesn't change anything - sure they can hand out gear for free like in 6.0 but this is also a viable option for gearing and it is like this in every game and has been like this since the beginning of time.

Ranked PvP rewards? The same reskinned flairs? Or the Top3 titles who were given out wrong pretty much every season since s6 or something? Or are you talking about the ONE armor set they got over the last two years? Or them announcing rewards, forgetting they did and announcing DIFFERENT rewards? They spend 0 time on ranked, literally 0. The game isn't balanced around ranked, it isn't balanced around NiM. Ranked players are only toxic to people who don't have gear or are so bad it's just unenjoyable for everybody involved and probably better then them getting farmed for hours. But yes, they don't ban wintraders. If you don't wintrade you are stupid, I didn't last season and I feel dumb for not doing it. And yes, if you queue vs the 2 teamranked teams who are still playing you are just donating to the rich. Do not play teamranked, ever. If you do - wintrade, teamranked doesn't deserve anything more.

"boohoo wintrading is against the ToS" APPARENTLY NOT? Or why are they not banning people who do?

^ No, you obvious haven't experienced the gearing systems of prior expansions from which you are oblivious to - from Launch to right before 5.0 there used to be nice looking suits and weapons associated with casual endgame. And ranked pvp has always been super toxic even to entering players who are fully geared & fully aug'd. Stop spreading misinformation.

^ The tech frag limit per toon is 11k, and if you're telling me you got 13k from 2 crates I'm not buying that. Apparently, in your ranting you missed that most gear for casuals is not bought with tech frags;), gj. And if you think this has the most alt friendly gearing system then you haven't played many MMO's.

NO, holy moly. Ok: you need 13k, you don't have to spend it all at once? Many specs share those too, a DF SM gives 2k exactly btw. So there you go, implants done YOU NEED tech fragments for those. Next thing is MH and OH, everything else you already have. You just do 2 veteran FPs keep the 324 MH and OH drops, set your loot discipline to you other combat style, put on the MH open PvP crate one, but the 326 MH on. Then you put the 324 OH on and then open PvP crate 2 and get your 326 OH for your 2nd combat style.

Your very welcome.

Edited by ZUHFB

^ No, you obvious haven't experienced the gearing systems of prior expansions from which you are oblivious to - from Launch to right before 5.0 there used to be nice looking suits and weapons associated with casual endgame. And ranked pvp has always been super toxic even to entering players who are fully geared & fully aug'd. Stop spreading misinformation.

Gear doesn't matter in ranked at all. It's delusional talk of people who think gear actually does anything. It doesn't.

Ah yes! The 5.0 ossus system, the one were NiM raiders got more components then everybody else and were able to actually P2W for gear? Yeah I remember that, it was great - for me. But still not alt friendly because all your gear was bound to character and not legacy gear.

BUT I, I just calculated it! PvP gearing is the only system that is in any shape or form worth your time! Everything is else is so bad it could get removed!?

Ok again: Conquest: 5 Upgrades/Week, PvP: 1.5 Upgrades/WEEKLY, PvP gearing is SO infinitely better than all the other systems it is ridiculous. Like I don't understand, this is not discussable or not a valid opinion at all. If you do not gear via PvP you are WASTING your time - FACTS. (You need 36 total upgrades for full 326)

Wins count triple, even if it would be double it would still be leagues above any other gearing system. Like: You could do 18 WZ (on average) OR clear CZ 21 times, and that is provided you have enough conquest mats! And if you do CZ 21 times you are done for the week, there is nothing more you can do to upgrade your gear. With PvP gear you could just relog and continue.

I'm sorry you still don't understand how to effectively gear, so I explain it YET AGAIN. AGAIN: If you chose not to gear via PvP you are MASSIVELY wasting your time, it is not comparable to any other gearing system it is so much superior to dailys/fps and yes ops. Nefra or NIM is only worth it in 326. I don't even know how is this not common knowledge?! I did the math? if you don't get it maybe look what PvP really does, you clearly don't know a lot about it or you wouldn't have made two huge mistakes #1 it's 1.5 upgrades per weekly and #2 it's triple for a win.

If you don't want to spend the time gearing up effectively - don't, but then stop crying about it. Sorry they don't hand out gear? It's not like they give it to NIM players for free, they have done the grind. You are just too lazy to do it and would rather cry about it, and thats just the truth.

^ Calm down, u mad?! Again, most casuals won't pvp and don't even like it - RIP.

Gear doesn't matter in ranked at all. It's delusional talk of people who think gear actually does anything. It doesn't.

Ah yes! The 5.0 ossus system, the one were NiM raiders got more components then everybody else and were able to actually P2W for gear? Yeah I remember that, it was great - for me. But still not alt friendly because all your gear was bound to character and not legacy gear.

^Since you have yet again displayed that you need to understand that there is a difference between reading and comprehension - yet again - 1.0 to 4.-something still isn't 5.0 - gj.

^ Calm down, u mad?! Again, most casuals won't pvp and don't even like it - RIP.

Yes I am mad, I am explaining gear to someone who has never bothered trying to understand it and then calls it bad. If casuals don't want to PvP who are the people in my regs? If casuals want to waste their time gearing with conquest thats fine with me, but then you can't complain since you choose to waste your time.

<sigh> Really 'we're all pretty" :) But seriously though, we all have very different needs. If all I can get is 326 doing content I can play comfortably so be it. But increasing the Daily Matrix rewards hurts no one. All the gearing paths should be viable for however we play. :)

^ Coming from someone who doesn't even understand the difference in numbers, how most casuals play, rambles and pretends to have been here a long time, while complaining about NiM players who you bash because you don't have the skill to get good - yeah, O - K~:rolleyes:

Just letting you know that I am 34/37 in NiM bosses 7.0.

4 years are a long time, complaining about NiM players? I'm complaining about players who put no brain into their gearing path but then complain about it. I understand that this system is pretty confusing but the general idea is great, the execution is only great for the PvP path.

I've played this game long enough to comfortably not care about skill, as long as you are a chill person I'm cool with anybody being as bad as me, because apparently I am.

^ No, you entirely missed the point - not many people are going to want to gear up their alts of more than 1 class origin with this current gearing system when doing 1 class is enough of a pain - apparently, you put zero minutes of thought into that of which is common sense for veteran players:rolleyes:.

you've not thought about how it works.

Spoiler:

Bosses Drop Items at whatever iLVL you are wearing

Just letting you know that I am 34/37 in NiM bosses 7.0.

4 years are a long time, complaining about NiM players? I'm complaining about players who put no brain into their gearing path but then complain about it. I understand that this system is pretty confusing but the general idea is great, the execution is only great for the PvP path.

I've played this game long enough to comfortably not care about skill, as long as you are a chill person I'm cool with anybody being as bad as me, because apparently I am.

^ You're the one on here complaining about NiM players, stop projecting, while not putting any thought into the fact that most casuals do NOT pvp - which somehow doesn't register with you - along with the fact that the tech frag limit is 11k.

the comrade is not saying they don't like pvp or don't like dying, they have a disability that makes it very difficult to do group play. Your solution "it's okay just do your best!" is not a solution. And we don't have to single them out on the basis of disability, why force players to do any activity they don't enjoy doing? BW already does that with conquest, but at least there we have options.

I PVP. You clearly do. That dude does not. Why force them to? oh right because we need more bads in queue to speed up pops. :rak_03:

^Yup, too much truth.

Edited by Willjb

you've not thought about how it works.

Spoiler:

Bosses Drop Items at whatever iLVL you are wearing

Other than parroting without thought yet again a red herring, most casuals won't pvp and still won't no matter what you think, and not as many people will gear up their alts of different classes like they did in prior expansions, and your red herrings won't change that.

Edited by Willjb

Honestly though... Nefra farming is effort, you people make it out to be just go kill the boss and it drops a full 330 set.

#1 You have to kill nefra

#2 You have to do plenty of OPs to upgrade the (if you force a slot) 320 items.

#3 You also have to do some dailies

If you maybe don't have that mamy lockouts, let's say 8 you can only get 3 slots from 320 o 330 and that is if you max OP-1 Catalysts. Y'all make it out like this gear path is pathectically easy because of nefra, but are you really gonna tell me the 15k mara on nefra blames his, not yet 330, gear? Should he get 330? He doesn't need it but if he puts in the time yes. Should a conquest player get 330? No, they did not put the time in. Doing nefra, the OPs the dailies and everything will give you TONS of cq points anyway so why not do that too? Oh, you don't like doing it aka don't want to? Then don't, nobody cares if you have 326 or 330 - it simply doesn't matter.

I'm gonna say it how it is, most set NiM groups require a full 330 gear set not because it's needed but it shows that you put minimal effort into your character. And if you aren't 326 why should anybody take you to any HM at all? Even EV! It just tells everybody in the group "Hi I don't know what I'm doing".

This gear system is better than 6.X because 0-RNG, no mods and you can do what content you like - it's just not all equally as fast and if you aren't at least 326 by now you don't care about fast gearing anyway and that is a good thing!

^ If you think Nefra is difficult then - wow - when it is a no brainer to learn the mechanics and do a decent job in your role; if anything you've just proven my point that gearing with this new gearing system is a pain for widespread/multiple class use. Ah, you have to do Dailies now - instead of pvp - holy contradicting yourself!!!!

Edited by Willjb

Not true, I have 16 80s and the highest ilevel is 306 on any of them. I worked too hard over the years to get all 16 geared EXACTLY the way I want appearance-wise, and I refuse to wear random ugly gear just because it's a higher ilevel. I keep waiting for higher ilevel mods to show up either by crafting or from vendors, but no luck so far. If they really are done making new mods for this game, I guess I'm finally done. (I'm a founder btw)

^too much sense. Apparently, other players want us to play their way while they can't wrap their heads around the fact that most players don't like this new gear system, most players DON'T pvp, and the big one that they love to red herring to other unrelated topics is that they know most player are not going to want to gear up their alts of other classes with this new gear system.

Edited by Willjb

It's odd the way you make playing the game sound like a chore.

Baseball:

#1. You have to hit the ball with the bat.

#2. You have to run around plenty of bases. (Just to get back 'home')

#3. You also have to play the outfield.

You're describing many of the basic aspects of SWTOR as if they're some sort of chore, rather than just part of the basic game. Not all these aspects may be to your liking, but that doesn't make them a 'chore' for everyone.

Some people enjoy doing OPs, and 'dailies' are part of conquest and Galactic seasons.

Maybe what you should do is to look at things from the reverse. Instead of thinking about what you have to do to get armor, think about the armor you get while doing things. 🙂

Yup it's a chore now to zuhfb now when he just went back on what he said and implied it was so easy that you can do it on all your classes with a 13k tech frag limit - oh yeah, he's very credible;)

v Holy contradicting himself:

Oh no yes, you are correct. But the thread was about if 330 gear is effort and it is, it's harder and takes longer than any other gear path. Nefra actually is pretty easy and getting rakata for doing it is maybe unjustified but again, it doesn't really matter.

But Yeah, I agree that it's pretty bad

^Yup, he's very credible and doesn't go back on what he said, LOL. GJ yet again proving my points:D

Edited by Willjb

Doesn't surprise me at all. Point is yet again proven, everybody proud to be a founder is not good at all. How do you have 16 toons on 80 and didn't understand outfits? And you still got the gear, you just don't use it.

^ Again, jealous much zuhfb- that's what zuhf does, Guderon, bash what he can't have/ do himself & the only thing zuhfb has proven is his own ignorance :D

Edited by Willjb

You have to understand that the vast majority of players are simply bad. They don’t have unopened rataka crates laying around. 99% of the player base are locked behind green 326 gear, if they even understand how to get it which most of them don’t. I don’t necessarily think these players need better gear for the content they are doing, but I think it’s evident that going from the system in 6.0 where people could get max gear in a couple days from grinding hammer station to this has made many players frustrated and leave the game. Whether you agree with them or not, they are this game’s biggest source of funding and when they quit we don’t get new raids/content and the game eventually shuts down.

^O M G, ikr - some people need to take a long look, let this post sink in^, & others stop trying to red herring this because you just don't get that the new gearing systems isn't as near as good as what came before and most players have NOT bought into it AND many players are leaving because of it.

Edited by Willjb

Suuuure!!!! Take you time, be FORCED to play lethality operative and marauder, FORGET about your arsenal merc, GET IN LINE, be a good little slave and play ONLY the classes liked by the NiM raiders ..

NO THANKS ! NEVER !

I will never play operative or marauder, i LOATHE the stories, the companions, the everything!

Still, i have to pay as much as they ones who play overpowered classes, why?

To get kicked off KP because im a merc????

To be FORCED to do Black Talon 12 times/day because thats the only content im allowed into????

I request a subscription discount for arsenal mercenaries, since we have NO CHANCE IN HELL of getting any good gear.

^Yup, exactly.

Yes, I can see how great the green conquest gear is for nim ops... :rak_01:

Seriously dude, stop misleading people. You have seen enough of my posts to know already I'm a raider, and yet again you try to pull an argument out of something that is totally irrelevant and off topic. You also answered before actually even reading my posts because later I say I don't need the gear anymore, I've been in full 330 for quite some time. Please read the full message next time before you come and try to raise yourself on a pedestal.

What are you on about? Oh yeah, I get it: yet another part of the game that you don't understand or don't like and that gives you the right to call people stupid and look down on them, as usual. That doesn't make you look better or smarter than the rest of us, the effect is the opposite.

^DeannaVoyager I'd just ignore zuhfb's trolling at this point & ramblings of someone with apparently a deep-seated inferiority complex -it's what he does spreading misinformation, red herrings, faulty comprehension, while going off topic & pretending he knows what he's talking about (which, to be fair, has more holes in his ramblings than the movie Holes);)

Edited by Willjb

You buy one legendary, then you get more fragments, then you buy another one BUT both of them TOGETHER cost 13k, you don't buy them at the same time. OR you trade in 2k conquest mats for 2k fragments AFTER buying the first one. Please. Why. Stop.