As a new player, I like this game.

New UI is bad. I like the separated combat styles and story options. I enjoy playing a race to 50, and then unlocking it for other class stories. I keep hearing end game has issues with gearing, but I don't mind that. I don't like end game on mmo's anyways. I like to level up, and play the story, even if it has been out for about a decade now. I like getting cartel coins every month, and saving them up to buy something shiny off the CM. I like knocking an elite enemy off a cliff and not having to whittle down their hp. I like this game.

It's too bad I read all these negative posts on the forums. I wish the devs could've made the playerbase more satisfied with their update. Hopefully they fix it and I'll be able to continue enjoying the game.

Bias as I am for the same reason, if what's really important to you is the Story SWTOR is a great game. Even just the Class stories are fulfilling. You get 8 epic stories of game play, plot, and character interactions. You are playing Star Wars. Later content merge into one story for all classes. It's player preference and aesthetics how often you want to repeat those stories for each character. I'm ok playing it 8 times once for each character, now working on 16 times. Some people will get bored sooner than others. Some people enjoy repeat play even if just the Class Stories. People keep seeing the movies over and over. When you're geeking out on the Story, being Star Wars is enough.

New UI is bad. I like the separated combat styles and story options. I enjoy playing a race to 50, and then unlocking it for other class stories. I keep hearing end game has issues with gearing, but I don't mind that. I don't like end game on mmo's anyways. I like to level up, and play the story, even if it has been out for about a decade now. I like getting cartel coins every month, and saving them up to buy something shiny off the CM. I like knocking an elite enemy off a cliff and not having to whittle down their hp. I like this game.

It's too bad I read all these negative posts on the forums. I wish the devs could've made the playerbase more satisfied with their update. Hopefully they fix it and I'll be able to continue enjoying the game.

Welcome aboard!

BTW... disagreements are pretty much a normal part of any MMO forum board. Hang in there! As you said: Hopefully things will get better in the future.

It's too late for me, I feel very burned and probably not gonna touch this game for a while, maybe this time next year see how its going (if this game is still around). But like you I'm a new player, its the changes in the UI, the removal of most abilities and the general change in direction that the game has taken that gets me.

I’m happy for you, you’ll have fun with the class stories (and seeing their different outcomes and options on replays) and likely the previous (real) expansions for years to come. I know I did. I just wish BioWare still cared about this game.