The only mistake BW made (imo)

SKDreamer

Early access was an incentive given for people to pre-order, it's not a privilege. Bioware and EA most definitely benefit from having X amount of pre-orders whether they actually get your money or not. Investors like to see "1 million pre-orders" it also feeds the internet hype machine which leads to, you guessed it, more pre-orders. Stock prices go up when a product is predicted to have a very successful launch.

Don't be naive, it's not a privilege for us that we get early access, it's a business practice that leads to real money for EA and it's investors.

Some people are so oblivious to how the world works it's sickening.

I'm with you OP although I am glad that I have the forums to play if I can't play the game. However that being said I think BW could have done them selves and us some favors. Now I understand that they didn't want to give out any definitive timeline so that if there was a problem they would not have people yelling "But you said my start was today" but the total lack of communication and being in the dark is just adding to the problems. They could have done something really simple like "hey, we have let in those who pre-ordered from x to y today. They wouldn't have to say who they hoped to let in tomorrow but that information would be nice. It would be something.

I'm fine waiting for my turn I just wish that there was a little more communication is all.

when you work and get paid say 20 an hour which is a reasonable salary, and you not complaining, then someone come and do EXACT same job but for 40 an hour, do you raise questions?

to me and many others its a deal breaker to walk in to a PvP server where there is World PvP and the battleground shares lvl 10 and 50, and by time you hit lvl 10 you realise there are 100 lvl 50 in the server, YET YOU PRE-ORDERED then you wont be happy.

they taking some of the fun out of this game simply by letting some people who pre-ordered before others who ALSO pre-ordered.

their communication about it was ZERO, none of the people who got in today had a clue they getting in today, no one knows who will be in tomorrow or after, all they tell us is refresh your freakn E-mail t ofind out???

so those who have no job have no problem, but us working who enjoy first day of a new game and want to take a day off for it CANT cause we have no clue whats going on.

yesssss i can wait till 20th but if i am told i can play 15th *** why wait?

if you stress test before hand and you know your servers can take xxxxx players over period of xxxx hours then do your math and invite those people before hand to start on xx day at xx hour....

but NO they do it their way, they dont tell us whos going in when they going in how many going in because "its info you dont need to know" and you all like a herd of sheep should be like YES MASTER ITS A PRIVILAGE THANK YOU.

well to hell with this, get some customer service in this game or not many customers will be around.

as i said before KODOS to the developers of the game, they have done an ABSLOUTLY AMAZING JOB, this game is best i played. but the team behind customer relation, and customer support FAIL

Really though if you were a true PvP'er you would welcome the challenge of leveling and getting to 50 so you can kick some *** just like the players you are complaining about. Playing MMO's is all about adapting to what ever they toss at you be it earlier start times for some or whatever else they have in store for us....learn to adapt

...is letting people post who haven't got their email yet. They wanted to avoid the forums being full of idiot posts from people who aren't playing (with active subscription); probably should've included early access.

That would include me too, but all the crying is really obnoxious.

EGA is a priveledge, not a right.

yea, while i agree that the real problem is with the ignorance of the QQers, bioware could have forseen said ignorance and skirted the problem in a few ways:

1. make the wording even more clear: rather than "up to 5 days" it could have said "randomly 1 to 5 days of early access"

2. dont even announce that they were extending it to 7 days: simply send the emails out on the day of early access and as people get them, thats when they find out they can play and come looking rather than this "i planned ahead for day one and didnt get it" entitlement syndrome that is going around

3. yes, lock people out of the forums until they can ACTUALLY play the game

4. force you to read the news and updates section of the launcher (or at least have it open in your face) rather than having it be something you can click on. all the information people needed was right there, but most of them werent smart enough to go click on the correct links to find it

personally im ok with waiting, but with just a little more thought they could have avoided the bulk of QQ

yea, while i agree that the real problem is with the ignorance of the QQers, bioware could have forseen said ignorance and skirted the problem in a few ways:

And i believe that the real problem of these forums is the ignorance of those that dismiss "QQ'rs" that have legitimate concerns. BW could have provented this by providing feedback and more communication about said concerns.

personally im ok with waiting, but with just a little more thought they could have avoided the bulk of QQ

I agree with you here!

So your raging because you didn't get in? Seriously they have communicated enough. Its pretty damn clear how early access is going down. One thing for sure you are guaranteed some early access. How much? That's up to them but hey they told you that when you pre-ordered. So yeah they clearly stated their intent. Hell I understood it, and every person I personally know who pre-ordered which is a fair number understood that.

Going to post this anyway for everybody else and hell I think I may cut copy and paste what I say below to post in every damn thread complaining about not getting in. I am actually pretty amazed at the ignorance and lack of comprehension many people seem to be displaying on these forums today.

Bioware has clearly stated on their website under the pre-order FAQ that you would be granted access based of the date you pre-ordered. Hell even on the pre-order page it says you MAY get 5 days of early access. How about you and ever other person complaining about not getting in go and look up the word MAY in a dictionary, it sure seem s to many many people do not know what it means.

No i have no problem am not in untill 15th or 20th i dont care, but long as no one else in on until then.

it kills half the fun to me and many others that some are power lvling WAY ahead of you, and in all truth if there are no new pvp eu realms on 20th i personally and i know many many others will lose great intrest and this game will be nothing to us but a stop by.

we will play but frustrated that we got robbed of our fun and soon as D3 comes out or whatever next we all moving.

they carry on the way they are AND CLEARLYYYYYYY in forums TOO many people are upset with whats happening, call it QQ call it moaning what the hell ever the fact is TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE NOT HAPPY, this game on thos road will end up with no one but the fan boys who RP thinking they are a real freakns jedi.

Really though if you were a true PvP'er you would welcome the challenge of leveling and getting to 50 so you can kick some *** just like the players you are complaining about. Playing MMO's is all about adapting to what ever they toss at you be it earlier start times for some or whatever else they have in store for us....learn to adapt

why do i need to "learn to adapt"?

because i missed the REAL launch day when the server was up and players were in and playing.

if you know anything about PVP then you will know u hate nothing more than others getting advantage.

this i just too stupid, what they done is simply ruin launch for to many people, simply cause they know nothing baout mmo