Jedi Sage & Sith Inquisitor definetly mirror class, but Sith has the edge

Chiricahua

I've played both, and my low level Sith Inquisitor consistently has the highest damage scores. I think it's probably because the electrocute has the animation that is frightening to the recipient when compared to just plain stun. In fact my Sith Inquisitor consistently gets higher damage in PVP when compared to not only Jedi Sage, but Smuggler, and Jedi Shadow. He has the fewest deaths also. My Jedi Shadow comes in second in stats. Edited by Chiricahua

I've played both, and my low level Sith Inquisitor consistently has the highest damage scores. I think it's probably because the electrocute has the animation that is frightening to the recipient when compared to just plain stun. In fact my Sith Inquisitor consistently get higher damage in PVP when compared to not only Jedi Sage, but Smuggler, and Jedi Shadow. He has the fewest deaths also. My Jedi Shadow comes in second in stats.

Shut the **** up already.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people...

You wanna know who has the edge? The person that plays their toon better. That's all. I haven't met one fricking sorc on my server who can COME CLOSE to my total numbers, be it DPS, heals or hybrid.

can people please level to 50 first before declaring x class has "the edge" over mirror class y.

Pls and thx.

When a level 11 Sith Inquisitor has 50K more total damage than a level 32 Jedi Sage, then that speaks volumes. Two deaths in the last match for Sith Inquisitor, and 11 for Jedi Sage.

Obvious troll.

I've played both, and my low level Sith Inquisitor consistently has the highest damage scores. I think it's probably because the electrocute has the animation that is frightening to the recipient when compared to just plain stun

Yes. The animation frightens the recipient, and as a result of their terror, they take more damage.

When a level 11 Sith Inquisitor has 50K more total damage than a level 32 Jedi Sage, then that speaks volumes. Two deaths in the last match for Sith Inquisitor, and 11 for Jedi Sage.

Yeah, it says whoever is playing the Jedi Sage is rubbish and doesn't know how to play the class properly.

If a level 11 gets anywhere near a level 32 in terms of damage then they fail at that class, end of story.

Shut the **** up already.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people...

You wanna know who has the edge? The person that plays their toon better. That's all. I haven't met one fricking sorc on my server who can COME CLOSE to my total numbers, be it DPS, heals or hybrid.

Actually when the alleged mirror of a sage, the sorc casts many spells, they hit isntantly, as opposed to the alleged mirrored versions a sage uses that have lengthy travel times and animations.

That's a big deal, in PVP, it's what we call a broken mirror.

That just means that the level 32 sucks nothing more.

-Ender

Sage animations are longer than Sorc...and that is fact.

But is no where close as being gamebreaking or giving the sorc an unfair advantage, unless the figth takes 10mins where those .5secs result in 2 more attacks

you don't lose any time on sage project vs shock. the only thing that is diff is a large gap in the landing that will not effect anything. soon as you use project the cooldown starts be for the item hits its target

just to clear up whats going on GCD wise.

Say the sorc is using Force lighting then shock. and the sage telekinetic trow then project .

Sorc- force lighting last tick hits the target and your spamming shock. 2 hits land for (random numbers used) 500/1,000. now a 1.5 sec GCD has started they have to wait 1.5 sec befor they recast Force lighting.

Sage- telekinetic trow last tick hits the target and your spamming project. 2 hits land for 500/1000 now once project is used the GCD start 0.5 sec latter the project item hits and the target and takes damage about the time you see this you only have about 1 sec left be for you can cast telekinetic trow again. so you lose no dps.

About the only time the sorcs insta cast burst combo will out do the Sage is if the target is low enough that after a sorc cast a spell and follows it up with an insta cast that would have been enough to kill the target off. and the healer healing the target would have gotten off a heal in the 0.5 sec gap that it would have taken the sages project to land.

this type of scenario dose not happen as much as some of you may think.

if you get down to it the sage is a wee bit stronger than the sorc. only because in world pvp. Unity is much better than sacrifice.

Yeah, it says whoever is playing the Jedi Sage is rubbish and doesn't know how to play the class properly.

If a level 11 gets anywhere near a level 32 in terms of damage then they fail at that class, end of story.

A vanguard friend of mine had 200k+ damage consistently at level 11.

Sage animations are longer than Sorc...and that is fact.

But is no where close as being gamebreaking or giving the sorc an unfair advantage, unless the figth takes 10mins where those .5secs result in 2 more attacks

you don't lose any time on sage project vs shock. the only thing that is diff is a large gap in the landing that will not effect anything. soon as you use project the cooldown starts be for the item hits its target

just to clear up whats going on GCD wise.

Say the sorc is using Force lighting then shock. and the sage telekinetic trow then project .

Sorc- force lighting last tick hits the target and your spamming shock. 2 hits land for (random numbers used) 500/1,000. now a 1.5 sec GCD has started they have to wait 1.5 sec befor they recast Force lighting.

Sage- telekinetic trow last tick hits the target and your spamming project. 2 hits land for 500/1000 now once project is used the GCD start 0.5 sec latter the project item hits and the target and takes damage about the time you see this you only have about 1 sec left be for you can cast telekinetic trow again. so you lose no dps.

About the only time the sorcs insta cast burst combo will out do the Sage is if the target is low enough that after a sorc cast a spell and follows it up with an insta cast that would have been enough to kill the target off. and the healer healing the target would have gotten off a heal in the 0.5 sec gap that it would have taken the sages project to land.

this type of scenario dose not happen as much as some of you may think.

if you get down to it the sage is a wee bit stronger than the sorc. only because in world pvp. Unity is much better than sacrifice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.