The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This game has the worst CS in MMORPG history

Elytharra

I've played nearly every MMORPG since they were invented, and I've never seen CS as poor as EA/BioWare decided to shovel out the door with this release.

I call shenanigans. Cryptic has far worse customer service than this game. They don't even give you a contact number on any of their websites or any of their product information.

Lame excuse, I have to answer questions about my patients, from nurses, and other physicians while im in the middle of surgery working on someones spinal cord, surely the devs can take a few minutes to talk to the community.

They do talk to the community. Just not on the forums, which are not functioning properly yet. They communicate through web 2.0 features. It's not the development team's fault you guys are all stuck in the stone age of internet forum culture.

While i can say it's not the worst CS i have ever come across, it does leave alot to be desired, i have had 2 porblems one was doing a quest 2 in the group couldn't complete as we couldn't access the items, all i got was this is being passed on and was then closed, and another where i am having issues with the forums, and all i got back ingame was sorry you can't log into the game we recommend deleting and replacing the launcher this should fix it.

Ok thx for not reading the problem....

As for the communication on these forums from BW over problems is best described as a an ostrich burying it's head in the ground and hoping the annoying customers forget their problems.

Plz a bit more info every now and again goes along way towards keeping your customers happy

Worst CS in an MMO I have had is NCSoft and Guild Wars when I couldn't remember my password, I could confirm all details (name, address, email address, even activation date) and they still wanted me to look for my long lost cd key, and it took them 3 weeks to respond.

I've only ever had to deal with TOR CS once for a bug where I declined a group request and it caused me to flag as if I was in a group (couldn't call my companion or anything) but they responded quite quickly and in a professional manner although the issue resolved itself.

Dev communication to player base is something I personally DON'T want to see so soon after release because it means they are too busy talking to players whining to actually work on patches and content. The community is being responded to but with 1million players it's going to be difficult to please everyone - Devtracker

Not a perfect launch but definitely not the worst I can play the game without major bugs and game destroying game mechanics so tbh I'm happy playing instead of whining about what "could" have been with an infinite budget and hindsight :-D

I've played nearly every MMORPG since they were invented, and I've never seen CS as poor as EA/BioWare decided to shovel out the door with this release. Even after the disaster of Cataclysm release, Blizzard would get a real person on your petition within 3-4 days. But go and make a petition in TOR - even something that requires an immediate GM response - and EA has their utterly insane "Droids" send you some totally irrelevant auto-response based on parsing your petition. This auto-response will take 1-4 DAYS and will also happily CLOSE your petition as if they've actually solved your problem.

Not only is the CS the worst ever, dev communication has been completely non-existent since release. Oh sure, every dev in the company was out on PR runs to every convention they could find before release, but they all mysteriously disappeared upon release. And don't give me this "holiday season" garbage. If you sell a product - no matter what date happens to be on the calendar - you'd better keep your butt around to support it.

If you're debating buying this based upon the selling company's reputation, I can assure you that you should look elsewhere for your entertainment. With the vast flood of cash this game is raking in, having two employees attending the "CS auto bots" is the epitome of poor customer service.

P.S. Oh, and EA/BioWare better make a separate warzone queue for level 50s, or 400,000 subscribers will be cancelling by the end of their first month.

I sense you never played Final Fantasy XI :p

Hmm.

You do realize that the 20th was the worst possible release date right?

Since the majority of people will be on vacay anywhere from the 20th to the 2nd of January..

this be including devs, C.S people. whatever.

The point is: a lot of people are on vacation. I'm not excusing poor Customer Service but rather saying this is probably the reason... Its hard to respond to 1000 request when the 10 people that didn't get off for christmas and new years are working these request.

I bet... after the holidays. Jan 2nd. C.S will be a lot better..

That's ********. If you put out a game during the holiday season you better damn well be around to support it, holiday or not. If you can't and you want to take your vacation then don't put out your game during that time. Otherwise, you SHOULD be prepared and have people ready to handle things.

On Customer Service:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1053290-Are-You-Satisfied-With-EA-BioWare-s-Customer-Support-In-SWTOR

Link related

In the poll, or even by reading through that thread, you can see that most people who have contacted, or attempted to contact customer support in SWTOR, are not satisfied with it

Ah there you are i thought you would have been faster with a reply as the only thing you do all day is bashing this game.

why dont you do people a favour and get lost.

"P.S. Oh, and EA/BioWare better make a separate warzone queue for level 50s, or 400,000 subscribers will be cancelling by the end of their first month."

Wow. That was a complete over exaggeration. That couldn't be more wrong either.

Edited by Juntts