Conquest.. Please throw us a bone there

Pricia

No incentive to play after my 5 characters per week meet the commendation weekly cap of 999.

Why 999 when the CQ rewards you 200? Couldn't even make the commendation medal cap at 1000 for a week you had to rob us of that one medal because it might add up?

Basically going through the story gets you around 200k of CQ if you do it right, so 5 characters into my ten year acquisition of 48 and I'm done playing for the week, great job.

You saw this with the tech frags and you changed it to 10k and then 11k shortly after, why not just start at 11k for commendation medals and be good? Not only that you took content away from folks to do during the week and made others just weekly's, who came up with that great idea?

I don't have an issue with the 100k of cq required for personal/guild level requirements, but changing/removing content was a boneheaded move.

No incentive to play after my 5 characters per week meet the commendation weekly cap of 999.

Why 999 when the CQ rewards you 200? Couldn't even make the commendation medal cap at 1000 for a week you had to rob us of that one medal because it might add up?

Basically going through the story gets you around 200k of CQ if you do it right, so 5 characters into my ten year acquisition of 48 and I'm done playing for the week, great job.

You saw this with the tech frags and you changed it to 10k and then 11k shortly after, why not just start at 11k for commendation medals and be good? Not only that you took content away from folks to do during the week and made others just weekly's, who came up with that great idea?

I don't have an issue with the 100k of cq required for personal/guild level requirements, but changing/removing content was a boneheaded move.

Honestly - I've never felt the need for more medals of commendations. I run out of Aquatic Resource Matrixes way before I run out of medals (I hit the cap on the 3rd day this week. That stinks).

The only reason I'm going to hit CQ on my alts this week is 1) the heroic pinnacle/eternal goals (sadly only once a day, but I suppose it's better than nothing), 2) GSF. It's absolutely ridiculous how many CQ points you get in GSF compared to solo weeklies. One planet weekly gives you a measly 23k CQ points if you're capped on rep (I'm capped on most reps). And you can do it once a day for that much. With GSF you can do 5 games with each ship and still get a ton of CQ points.I do enjoy GSF (but to a limit) but it pisses me off, 3) the group finder goals (that I get while doing GSF).

Gosh they really hate solo players at BW.

Lol gearing too fast, i played multiple alts in conquest up to about 2 weeks ago and any gear i got was most non moddle gear, with stats worse than what i modded myself on my own, i usually sold the junk armor i got from conquest to vendors. I had been conquesting for months ever since they started it and still haven't gotten one piece of armor over 276

I geared all my toons from 270 to 306 using conquest, it was just a headache swapping my best set around to alts to open crates every week but otherwise got there without any grinding of Spammerstation or anything else. It took a couple of months, but I got there. I augmented that by buying mods with tech frags but I was getting plenty of drops that were higher than what I was wearing.

It helps to due large conquest to get more pieces.. it would take forever for small conquest crates. But as long as your average level is 276 then most of the drops should be higher than that unless they changed something since I got to 306.

It's not the 100k, it's an all-of-the-above issue. Lost conquest points from Renown levels, lost conquest points from heroics after the first on a given planet, had some of the objectives reduced, lost some of the cheese (reassign utility points, but granted it was cheese)... on top of nerfing players and companion stats, the usual rebalance for a new max level, etc.

All of the above is a major shift to start off 7.0 and it effectively makes heroics a longer grind for each heroic, more heroics required, for fewer points... when more points are required. It just kills the incentive altogether. I actually enjoyed logging in daily and doing a handful of heroics on various alts and I never got tired of it... thus why I have about 2000 of each heroic crate spread out across three legacies. But now it's a pointless grind where the reward doesn't justify the time invested.

Edited by red_onion

I'll be shocked if I get 10 characters done after I'm done with the story. It's just awful.

It's taking me 4x as long to reach conquest. I'll be damned if I'm going to change the way I play to suit the asses that greenlit these changes. Conquest might as well not exist anymore. So much of this patch feels downright hostile to players :mad:

It's taking me 4x as long to reach conquest. I'll be damned if I'm going to change the way I play to suit the asses that greenlit these changes. Conquest might as well not exist anymore. So much of this patch feels downright hostile to players :mad:

+100 for this - totally agree.

What's hilarious is that I'm making more credits from CQ than before, because I have to run five times the number of heroics to reach 100k. If their goal was to slow down inflation, it's not working.

I can't wait to be done gearing so I can just stop bothering with CQ altogether once I reach the caps.

What's hilarious is that I'm making more credits from CQ than before, because I have to run five times the number of heroics to reach 100k. If their goal was to slow down inflation, it's not working.

Don't forget that OEMs and RMPs went way up on GTN. You can make a fortune exchaning your tech fragments.

Don't forget that OEMs and RMPs went way up on GTN. You can make a fortune exchaning your tech fragments.

Flagships probably went up too.. but, that's besides the point since selling to other players doesn't generate credits or promote inflation.

The one "reason" we've heard for nuking conquest was "too many credits being generated" by a player doing in-game activities, not selling/trading. So hilarious that anyone would generate even more, just completing conquest. Granted, one person earning more doesn't mean that's happening across the board for a lot of players.

I can't wait to be done gearing so I can just stop bothering with CQ altogether once I reach the caps.

I'm not even bothering to gear up, **** it. I just don't care anymore. On a related note, discovered a new bug today, I can't claim Seasons rewards if the same level also grants a Medal of Commendation... so basically being at the max and unable to spend that token also means I can't grab a Galactic Season token now.

Edited by red_onion

I'm not even bothering to gear up, **** it. I just don't care anymore. On a related note, discovered a new bug today, I can't claim Seasons rewards if the same level also grants a Medal of Commendation... so basically being at the max and unable to spend that token also means I can't grab a Galactic Season token now.

I had the same thing on Tuesday. I made a bug thread about it too. I kept getting the "looting this item would put you over the cap" message. Then on Wednesday it reverted back to what it was last week and I was able to claim it (now I just get told that I didn't get the medal in my log). It's odd that it still happens to you.

I'm not even bothering to gear up, **** it. I just don't care anymore.

This ^.

Waste of my time.

Running the content I want to costs more in repairs than I get from loot. (At level 80).

The better my gear, the more I lose.

Pointless grind for nothing.

Even the fun stuff isn't fun anymore.

Edited by Rammboo

Here it is Wednesday of the new week and I am already at 843 weekly comm medals, all of my level 80's are in 320 gear so I cannot purchase anymore armor and if I conquest more I will lose comm medal rewards, this is great;

I used to play 48 toons a week now I have played 4 with no further inclination to play more:confused: and silence from the devs on whether this will change or not.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/1568/Ilk3Hi.png