Will you stop tanking or swap tanks with 7.0?

Nilatis

Now that they've removed all of the following skills from my Immortal tank:

- 50% run speed on Enrage

- 50% run speed on Enraged Defense

- Mad Dash (opt)

- Intimidating Roar (opt)

- Saber Reflect (opt)

- Sweeping Slash (opt)

- Chilling Scream

- Furious Power

And given me the following "upgrades":

- Option to waste important taunts to deal a bit of damage.

- Additional rage management that I never needed.

I'm thinking of playing DPS, or perhaps trying out another tank class.

What about you?

Which tank is the most agile now, you think? The Powertech?

Shadow always was best tank...

...however, I wouldn't trash jugg yet. I was using "no cd retaliation" set during last year and I think it is there yet. So I will check jugg too.

...shadow's skills are broken too, however, once I set old I used for tanking it was like 80% restored. So tanking itself should remain ok, same rotations almost. And there is possibility to make it even more tanking, but completely messing rotations & use.

I'll probably stick to tanking mostly on Jugg. It's painful to have to choose between Dash and Reflect for sure, but apart from that Jugg tank looks to be totally fine in PvE. There's a couple new damage and mitigation boosting skills that I'll enjoy trying out.

Also the change to Grit Teeth is interesting. Certainly a nerf for PvP, but in PvE having a cooldown of 1 to 1.5 minutes on Saber Ward when constantly attacked... That's pretty amazing. I'll miss the movespeed on Enrage though, that was always a nice little extra. But tbh Juggernaut always felt like a class that shouldn't be too mobile, it is largely inspired by Vader after all. That's why I was a bit disappointed by Mad Dash (though I quickly fell in love with how powerful a defensive it is).

Not having mad dash all the time won't be noticed in most content. It was a nice movement tool for keeping up with groups booking it from trash pull to trash pull but intercede can do the same thing. I guess on fights where mad dash is crucial your healers will just have to sweat a little harder. The ability morphs/tacticals/whatever we get this season will be the most important aspect of tanking this season I feel. Otherwise everything is more or less the same just some slight QoL decreases, which suck, but that's SWTOR baby!

e: The grit teeth change from ED to ward for example is something that does not excite me.

Edited by NirvashTypeENDER

Not having mad dash all the time won't be noticed in most content.

Just what "content" are you doing? I use it ALL the time, from running around doing heroics where you can't mount and not to mention Flashpoints where EVERYONE is in a dam rush to get through, you need it to keep up/ahead of the dps.

And God forbid you need 5 secs to switch it out for Saber Reflect at a boss. The group be like, hurry the F up!

No, choosing between Mad Dash and Saber Reflect is STUPID!!! As Immortal they are both needed and shouldn't be a choice at all. Flat give us both.