[Ruins of Nul: Story Mode] One Shot by Malgus

pbraden

Hi all,

We're still investigating the issue that players are experiencing with the Malgus fight. We will update players once we have a fix in place.

Current workaround for this fight is to stick with the outer perimeter of the fight (by the stone path but not beyond the pillars) when Malgus uses the ability Relentless Assault.

Thank you for your patience.

Sadly this workaround isn't sure to even work, seems some can do it this way but requires a huge amount of luck as sticking to outer perimeter lowers chance of it bugging but can still happen, and with an ability he uses quite often that lowers the chance of success even more.

But can't the ability causing it just be disabled for the moment until fixed? If not really hope it can be fixed fast as this bug pretty much puts your story progress at a standstill.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

We're still investigating the issue that players are experiencing with the Malgus fight. We will update players once we have a fix in place.

LOLOLOLOL

PTS had the same exact issue. You hadn't time before 7.0 goes live to "investigate" it?

Edited by demotivator

LOLOLOLOL

PTS had the same exact issue. You hadn't time before 7.0 goes live to "investigate" it?

I doubt they had time. They certainly had some very high priority bugs to fix before even thinking about this one. The bug isn't consistent making it tricky to nail down at that.

Hi all,

Current workaround for this fight is to stick with the outer perimeter of the fight (by the stone path but not beyond the pillars) when Malgus uses the ability Relentless Assault.

Current workaround for the 7.0 Update is to immediately close the launcher after you opened it.

Hi all,

Am I the only one whom find it HILARIOUS that he says the work around is to stick to the outer Perimeter even though a TON of people have said it DO not always work and it's more a case of LUCK if it do work?

I am personally not doing this flashpoint again until there is a fix out. I have been one shotted by Malgus 20 times and I am just done with it. That toon is sitting at the Malgus fight and will stay there until there is a fix, and I will refuse to start it on any other toons until it is fixed.

Am I the only one whom find it HILARIOUS that he says the work around is to stick to the outer Perimeter even though a TON of people have said it DO not always work and it's more a case of LUCK if it do work?

Nope, not by a long shot.

Nope, not by a long shot.

Thank you.. Nice to know it's not just me then :p

Actually I have an idea I want to put out there.

Those whom HAVE succeded with the outer thingie... Are you ranged or Melee?

My main is a melee and I can't use the "workaround"

Edited by Pervejbirk

Sadly this workaround isn't sure to even work, seems some can do it this way but requires a huge amount of luck.

We had a huge talk in general, I promise you it does work. We had everyone who was struggling on it (including myself) done and celebrating we made it through on the fleet, which was about 10 people. To be slightly more specific with how to do it, you can hit malgus or just have rivix attack him, Malgus will likely use relentless assault at the very start and so its necessary to get behind the pillar quickly. Once there, just sit there and do nothing, just lean up against the broken pillar. As long as you are close enough and rivix or lana are hitting him, he won't reset. Eventually, he'll stop targeting you with attacks (like his condensed lightning attack that hurts like hell.)

Well, I am ranged (scoundrel) and I gave up after something like twenty 'fall damage" deaths. I tried going back in this morning without resetting the phase, hoping it'd take me right to the boss fight, but just my luck, ti restarted the whole ***** thing. NO FREAKIN' WAY, I spent so many credits yesterday repairing. Not worth it.

And I'm also one for whom the 'workaround' only sped up my imminent demise.

With an important part of the story impossible to finish, essentially no decent reward for all that work, disappointing story, the (in my opinion) hellish dystopia they call 'combat styles', the huge nerfs (in the worst way) to classes and knowing that the only way I can get decent gear is to do MM operations, I'm just not feeling the love for this big ol' mess. I know It's just me but if this stuff is no better by the time my subscription is up, I'll take my money elsewhere, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one.

Good luck folks, and if it magically gets fixed, post it, please. I hate leaving it undone but it was that or lose my sanity over it, lol.

Darth Malgus seems impossible to beat. 4 times I've died to "fall damage" noticed each time he was doing his Impale attack. Both of your companions Rivix and Lana seem to go "ooooh big bad darth malgus" and seem to get cold feet as they don't help you attack nor heal (yes I had Rivix on heal) it feels like the flashpoint is unbeatable at this point due to this issue. Running a level 80 Sorc.

We had a huge talk in general, I promise you it does work. We had everyone who was struggling on it (including myself) done and celebrating we made it through on the fleet, which was about 10 people. To be slightly more specific with how to do it, you can hit malgus or just have rivix attack him, Malgus will likely use relentless assault at the very start and so its necessary to get behind the pillar quickly. Once there, just sit there and do nothing, just lean up against the broken pillar. As long as you are close enough and rivix or lana are hitting him, he won't reset. Eventually, he'll stop targeting you with attacks (like his condensed lightning attack that hurts like hell.)

I tried exactly this, with varying degree of success, lost count after 40+ attempts and in the very end got very close about 5% health left but then smack dead... And after all those tries, finally getting somewhat close and still fail just made me give up.

I really don't understand why they can't just disable that ability for now, at least in story mode so people can progress without frustration.

Nice to know nearly a week has passed with no response from BioWare from a gamebreaking bug that's halting progression on many players, including myself.

Wondering what happened to BioWare, from the company that made masterpieces like Mass Effect and Dragon Age to . . . this and Anthem.

After dying like 30 times this worked perfectly for me. Just hide behind the big rock, you might have to come out a couple of times to hit one of the two heal stations that are near by, just pick your spots carefully. Other than that it works great.

While it does work for some it doesn't work for everyone. I didn't even have to hide by the pillars, I just kept moving around out of Malgus range, though I am a sith ligtening sorcess, We had an individual that nothing worked for as everyone was trying to give him ideas and nothing worked so while it may work for some, it doesn't for everyone and therefore they need to get this fix quickly and not take 3-4 months like they did before.

Just finished the fight and the pillar workaround worked for me, so thanks to everyone who suggested/supported it.

Specifically, I found that you shouldn't stay next to the pillar for the entire fight, cause he'll just cast his red whirlpool attack right where you're standing and you won't know whether to risk moving away from it; and you might end up taking damage from it right when he hits you with his hardest attacks and it'll be too much damage at once. So stay in the general area of the pillar for most of the fight, and if he casts the whirlpool move away from it towards the pillar; and only when he's about 1/3 or 1/4 health get right up next to the pillar before he casts his pushback attack.

I had this issue as well. I kept dying for reasons that were unknown to me, then came here to see if there was an issue. Lo and behold, yes, there is. So I started paying attention to the fight and when I would die. Each time, I would either get knocked back or yanked by him, and died to fall damage immediately about 50% of the time.

Now, I am playing a Sniper. I began using Entrench just before he would do any sort of knockback or yank. After the sixth try of this fight, I had a successful run of perfectly timed Entrenches and I managed to survive. It kept me from being yanked around or pushed back.

So, I survived the Program Boss, but...that doesn't mean it doesn't need to get fixed.

Devs, I hope you are paying attention...Malgus needs to stop throwing us through the world and killing us. ^^;

Lana "died" under the floor for me around the first fight with the big cat. After that, she was never around again and that's when I ran into this Malgus bug. I think this might have been due to me space-barring the dialogue leading into the first fight in the flashpoint. Maybe it misplaces her by space-barring there.

But yeah, as soon as you notice Lana not keeping up with you in the rest of the Flashpoint, you've got a bugged instance. That said, there are some points where her AI struggles to keep up with you, particularly after you use rocket boots for instance, but usually she'll catch up and engage in fights after you get to a teleport distance. Seems like there are a lot of places in this FP with the very irregular, narrowed, and walled-off terrain where she could bug out and contribute to the Malgus bug taking place.

Edited by Aieranda

I have died about 30 times now - with pillar and without. Have put Tau on healer, tank and DD.

The last time I defeated Malgus and he was back in full health.

I am in favor of the developers having to try to defeat Malgus with my char until it works, as a punishment.:rolleyes:

I did the fight first on my Sith Warrior, and it went just fine so I thought they had fixed the bug. But then doing it on my Jedi Knight I had the issue. Tried it about 5 times before I gave up and am waiting for a patch. Haven’t tried the pillar trick cuz my Knight is a tank and Tau’s already died to random enemies a few times so I don’t trust her to damage Malgus.