Empty server list

MacFelly

I also used the launcher repair and am still having the issue of no server populating.

The launcher repair tool only fixed the launcher crashing issue. All the files it replaced were overwritten by the patch on the 14th. I'm not sure why they are even asking about it.

Let me clarify: the original problem was with launcher.exe. That now works. The current problem is with swtor.exe. The repair utility doesn't go anywhere near that file.

Edited by Mckor

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, after finally fixing the launcher issue, I too am facing this problem with the empty server list.

It really makes me regret having put money into a sub for which I ended up not getting any value for in return.

People shouldn't be penalized by which platform they choose to play on.

I too am playing on a Zephyrus series G14, like many others on this thread.

Fixed the launcher issue with the repair tool, like many others on this thread, only to get the empty server list issue.

I've also tried running both the launcher and swtor executables in multiple compatibility modes, to try and see if that could help, with no positive results for XP SP3, Win7 and Win8 modes, haven't tried any others.

In case it's relevant, my OS is Windows 11.

I really hope this issue gets sorted out soon.

I've also tried running both the launcher and swtor executables in multiple compatibility modes, to try and see if that could help, with no positive results for XP SP3, Win7 and Win8 modes, haven't tried any others.

I hadn't gotten around to trying compatibility modes yet, thank you for testing that.

In regards to the Steam Clean workaround:

The workaround requires cleaning out the game settings stored in %localappdata%\SWTOR. This where various game and character settings are kept, including keybinds.

NOW, notice the various keybind issues. Keybinds are not being kept between game sessions. They are resetting with every load screen. Essentially the game is having a horrendous time reading and writing to %localappdata%\SWTOR. As in it's not writing the character data, or reading back what is already there.

In our case the presence of even one file will cause Steam to not pick up the server list. Doesn't explain why the non-Steam game can't be tricked into retrieving the server list the way the Steam version can, but it's a start.

Typically you see something like this caused by bad path names in the code. It's very easy to misspell something, use %appdata% instead of %localappdata%, and the code will compile, just not do what it is supposed to do because it's reading or writing to the wrong, possibly non-existant location.

Hey Devs! If you bother to read there is some correlation between this bug and the keybinds. Check your file paths.

Edited by Mckor

They are taking the servers down in about an hour for a hotfix for some loot related issue, maybe they'll fix our problem too at the same time. If not I encourage everyone to come back and post again. Keep this thread active and high up in the list, make them take notice.

Aaaaand apparently not. Patching got pushed back, and is now delayed indefinitely. I'm just gonna choose to believe it's because of me saying the binding and our issue here might be related :D

Out of curiosity, have you had issues with the game failing to get the server list after resuming from sleep in the past? Someone posted this earlier in the thread, and I've had this problem as long as I've been using this G15. I wonder if its a different manifestation of the same root problem?

On my G14 If I leave the game too long and it times out, I have to reboot to get it to work again, if I try to start the game again it comes up with no servers.

Yep, it's happening to me too. I could play yesterday, but today, it says, that the servers are not available. I hope, there will be a solution soon.

Edit: Nevermind: I just saw, that they took the servers down, so maybe it will be working again afterwards.

Edited by Fylimar

Yep, it's happening to me too. I could play yesterday, but today, it says, that the servers are not available. I hope, there will be a solution soon.

Edit: Nevermind: I just saw, that they took the servers down, so maybe it will be working again afterwards.

I'm guessing you aren't using a Zephyrus laptop if you were somehow able to play yesterday. Zephyrus owners have only been able to play one day since the patch on February 8, and that was last Monday.

I'm guessing you aren't using a Zephyrus laptop if you were somehow able to play yesterday. Zephyrus owners have only been able to play one day since the patch on February 8, and that was last Monday.

I have a G14 and managed to get the game running as you can read in my earlier posts in this thread, but even that workaround doesn't work today.

Im starting to think that its time for a new game. How can the processor I use be causing me to last week not be able to launch the game and now when the content comes out I cant even play it because none of the servers are listed? How does a game company let these things happen? Don't the test for these kind of things? Im probably going to get removed from my guild for inactivity

Im starting to think that its time for a new game. How can the processor I use be causing me to last week not be able to launch the game and now when the content comes out I cant even play it because none of the servers are listed? How does a game company let these things happen? Don't the test for these kind of things? Im probably going to get removed from my guild for inactivity

I'm about to hit cancel sub, this has gone on far enough. Even if I could log in and play, most of my toons have been drastically altered by the stupid decisions in 7.0.

No reason to play, if it's just going to make me angry. Especially as there are plenty of alternatives.

Out of curiosity, have you had issues with the game failing to get the server list after resuming from sleep in the past? Someone posted this earlier in the thread, and I've had this problem as long as I've been using this G15. I wonder if its a different manifestation of the same root problem?

I know I have, yes ! Even before last week's launcher issues and this week's server issue, I often had to restart my laptop to get the servers to show up, and I don't remember having that issue quite as often (if at all) on my previous laptop.

I'm another Zephyrus 14 user, and I had the issue of the launcher crashing from last week. However yesterday, I was able to get into the game, no issues whatsoever. Today, trying to log in, there were no servers listed. Then about 2 hours ago, seemingly randomly after countless tries, I got in. Now after the patch, no servers again. What is going on??

do you think that they will fix this particular issue by the end of the today

No. The previous launcher issue took 7 days, and that was only after about 3 days of us telling them how to fix it, followed by me coming up with a workaround two days before the official repair utility. And that was honestly an easy fix, simply rolling back the launcher and keeping it from updating.

This problem is more complex. There's no way to roll back to a previous build.

Fact is this bug affects a small subset of users, and with the complete disaster of the 7.0 release they are more interested in addressing those bugs than they are in figuring out why the game doesn't work for us. I mean as nice as it would be for them to realize that people not being able to get into the game at all is somewhat more important than "the hide head slot button isn't working right", don't count on it happening.

No. The previous launcher issue took 7 days, and that was only after about 3 days of us telling them how to fix it, followed by me coming up with a workaround two days before the official repair utility. And that was honestly an easy fix, simply rolling back the launcher and keeping it from updating.

This problem is more complex. There's no way to roll back to a previous build.

Fact is this bug affects a small subset of users, and with the complete disaster of the 7.0 release they are more interested in addressing those bugs than they are in figuring out why the game doesn't work for us. I mean as nice as it would be for them to realize that people not being able to get into the game at all is somewhat more important than "the hide head slot button isn't working right", don't count on it happening.

i get what your saying I was really happy in the early morning today when i was able to access the servers and play the game and all after realizing the change they had made in the game play especially with Jedi sentinel and it missing parts i guess they have to work on fixing the issues and all, but each day that passes by i lose a subscription time to play the game which in all honest is really annoying which is why i am hoping it gets fixed sooner rather then later.