Last day

DarkMatterSlifus

It's sad that you are not hyped, but it's not your fault. I would like to put something in here that will hopefully heard by devs.

Exactly 2 weeks ago we got a teaser trailer. Nothing since then. No blog post, no dev video, no solid information hyping up the coming expansion.

I was hoping for something. That they would come out to us, players with at least few words. An inspiration, explanation, more tease? Anything is better than nothing. A day before big update is coming in, aligning with 10 year anniversary celebration, which to this day I haven't seen.

The game is loosing players, people frustrated left and right. After my post which was deleted they came out and "claryfying" the deletion of tacticals and nim crystals. Which was good, nevermind forced reaction.

It should come naturally from you guys. You need to see what's going on and act pro actively, rather than reactively.

Is the game going to shut the servers in 2023?

I'm not cancelling anything until I at least try it out.

While what I saw on PTS wasn't "great" it wasn't the full picture either.

I know there is missing content for the initial release...I'm less concerned about that and going to (personally) be more focused on playability and how much these changes impact my playstyle.

I'm not cancelling anything until I at least try it out.

While what I saw on PTS wasn't "great" it wasn't the full picture either.

I know there is missing content for the initial release...I'm less concerned about that and going to (personally) be more focused on playability and how much these changes impact my playstyle.

the stuff on the PTS was WIP so we really didnt see the final work on it

Edited by Kondrad-Hyland
typo

the stuff on the PTS was WIP so we really didnt see the final work on it

Do we really trust Bioware to have the player's interest at heart, and to be honest and forthright about changes?

No.

Do we really trust Bioware to iron out the major, game breaking bugs of an expansion, without extensive PTS participation?

No.

It's going to be a bumpy couple of weeks, and chances are 7.0, even without those bumps, would let down the players on multiple levels regardless.

Even if it turns out to be not as bad as many of us fear, I still resent the fact that for the last several months the devs have been totally unresponsive to the mass of negative feedback. Just like WoW, a completely self-inflicted wound that was beyond unnecessary.

I don't get it they have one of the greatest armoring systems in the industry now. You can get armors anyway you want. Even just through story content. They want to roll it back to a system that failed 10 years ago. My guess is they never intended for people to get gear as easily as we can now.

Most comments are negative because unhappy people are more motivated to comment.

I do not like all the changes - not at all. But I heartily approve the philosophy of trimming old systems out of the game and keeping things less confusing. EQ2 is a classic example of a game where it is so very difficult for a new or returning player because there are dozens of old and largely unsupported systems and it is a nightmare to figure out what you need to focus on. Having heartily urged them to eliminate many old systems it would be hypocritical now that I am back here not to applaud that aspect of 7.0.

Today is the last day to enjoy the game for what it is before so much changes and not in a good way imo

I expect the worst, but really I'm sure they will beat it.

Everything i read was nothing I want or many others want. Many of our guild are gone and will never come back.

I stay here because I love Star Wars, not Bioware not what they have done the last years.

I expect a further drop of players supporting the game.

What a shame

I spent the last four days grinding tech fragments to replace the tacticals that are going away. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my time. And I still don't know what to get for Carnage.

I'm really looking forward to the story though, no matter how small it is. But I'm dreading everything else, and having to fight 20 people for a clicky.

I'll take some names in pvp then go back to Lost Ark.

Not a huge fan of playing a force user (in a legends Star Wars game no less) and not being allowed to use the force.

That game is ..."interesting" to say the least. I DL'ed the thing (57gb ?) Went through the prologue, and am in the world running around with little to no idea what I am doing. (Essentially taking messages and killing bad guys).

I * think * I've leveled up a couple of times.

Menus. Lord the menus. So many menus.

Im going to play the new storyline. I have been here since pre launch, but I think I have had enough when it comes to the once again revamped gear system.

Its been over a decade that I have been playing this game and perhaps its time to shelve it for a bit.

Who knows, maybe I am wrong and it will be awesome; but with moddable gear only dropping from limited content, it feels like a step back in time. I thought we had move away from limited game play and different gear tokens, years ago.

Maybe I have just gone through one too many gear system overhauls.

I dont mind the inevitable gear level increase, but this new system sounds dull and repetitive.

The story will hopefully be cool though, and so I am excited about that at least :)

Edited by kirorx