Legacy of the Sith Digital Collector’s Edition

JackieKo

Is this worth $40? Technically yes since that is the cost of the coins and 30-days alone after taxes. Does it merit being called a "Collector's Edition?" Not, in my opinion, this has more of a "Start Pack" or maybe "Deluxe Edition" feel to me.

If you are going to call it a "Collector's Edition" give people access to the CE vendor in the VIP area. I have had access since launch and there is nothing super special about that vendor that should preclude its addition. It also wouldn't devalue the physical CE's from the game's launch. Those still have plenty of value with the physical items that are included.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a sucker and will probably pony up, but man, this is so tone deaf!

"Legacy of the Sith kicks off a year-long celebration full of galactic intrigue, conflict, and mystery, all to commemorate the 10th anniversary of SWTOR!"

So, so far, two months into the 10 year anniversary celebration, there has been nothing yet. What is this year long celebration you keep going on about? None of your customers have seen even a whiff of it. Surely the art decos you plan on putting on the vendor are only a tiny part of this vaunted celebration since they aren't more than what has been done for lesser anniversaries? When is it going to start? Is LotS considered the start? If so, some details about the rest of the year are sorely needed for morale. Are you counting this blatant cash grab as part of this mythical "celebration"? Maybe you should try turning around public perception of 7.0 instead of trying to milk it for money at this point.

Oh, and are these items going to remain exclusive to those who purchased the pack, or will they be sold on the CM in a few years time, or show up on a future GS vendor? Because, that's your track record now.

Edited by Damask_Rose

Let's contrast the SDCE with WoW's 10th anniversary edition:

It features a special level 100 version of Molten Core (raid, easily completable) , Tarren Mill vs Southshore (EARLY WoW PvP before BG's (Battlegrounds were introduced), and several mounts, pets, and titles to collect.

Get the adorable Molten Corgi just for logging on! (I think EA has done this in conjunction with other patc - er "expansions")

Tarren Mill vs Southshore is a special battleground for the duration of WoW's 10th Anniversary. It is for 40vs40 players and there are two brackets: 90-99 and 100. Players can get the titles <Name>, Southshore Slayer or <Name>, Tarren Mill Terror for winning.

Molten Core is a 40 player LFR that requires players to be 100. It is available for the duration of WoW's 10th Anniversary. The ilvl requirement is 615--learn how to get your ilvl up with our heroic dungeon and Molten Core gearing guide.

Players that defeat Ragnaros (End Boss, lots of fun) (must clear the rest of level 100 Molten Core first) receive Core Hound Chain for Boldly, You Sought the Power of Ragnaros and an ilvl 640 fiery helm. There is a chance for Hatespark the Tiny or Illusion: Flames of Ragnaros (Pets who actually stay out, and don't need to be continually resummoned) to be rewarded as well.

OR

As so eloquently posted above, I could pay ANOTHER $40 for a cosmetic item bundle.

Yeah I'm sure SWTOR releasing a special Op for their 10th anniversary would go well, considering how many people play ops... Especially if you have to beat the end boss to get the stuff.

I'd take the $40 CE any time lol.

Yes? The ingame CE vendor is digital aswell. With my message I meant they should give acces to the CE vendor. Not the old items. Just the vendor. Because that's what most people are looking to get access to when buying the old CE.

No, no it's not. The CE kit is a physical box full of goodies containing a Darth Malgus statue, a CD of the soundtrack music, a Security Code Fob, and a couple books of SWTOR Lore, a code giving you subscriber time, and some in game goodies, including access to the CE vendor. This is like the access to the Revan early purchase vendor, and other vendors within the game. It was part of the deal. And, as has been stated in previous posts, giving access to that Vendor with this offer would indeed cheapen the original CE kit's value. I don't know what it went for originally, but I paid over a hundred bucks for mine off of Ebay, and that was many, many years ago. I have no idea how much it is going for these days, but I would imagine it is quite a bit more, given that it has only increased in rarity as the years have progressed. I am sure there aren't very many of them left still unopened.

Ugh, and here I was excited to finally get access to the CE vendor. That's all I really care about.

Guess you guys don't want any more of my money...

If you want access to the CE vendor, go find the original CE kit and pony up those bucks. Ebay probably still has a few up for sale. Stop whining and begging for them to GIVE you access to it.

If you want access to the CE vendor, go find the original CE kit and pony up those bucks. Ebay probably still has a few up for sale. Stop whining and begging for them to GIVE you access to it.

What part of my post suggested I wanted them to GIVE it to me?

I am perfectly willing to pay for that access. What I don't want to pay for is the physical items that I don't give a crap about, or scalper collector prices that may or may not result in a fraudulent item being received.

This is hardly unprecedented. Shroud of Memory eventually got released (for big CC cost), and I have no problem with that (having earned it the "original" way). Many other items as well.

They aren't whining or begging, they are talking about not having an option to pay for it still....

Going on ebay to get it sounds like an absolutely horrendous deal with how much people will mark up the price and even more so if all you want is the digital vendor access and don't care about the physical items. Talk about throwing away money for nothing.

No, no it's not. The CE kit is a physical box full of goodies containing a Darth Malgus statue, a CD of the soundtrack music, a Security Code Fob, and a couple books of SWTOR Lore, a code giving you subscriber time, and some in game goodies, including access to the CE vendor. This is like the access to the Revan early purchase vendor, and other vendors within the game. It was part of the deal. And, as has been stated in previous posts, giving access to that Vendor with this offer would indeed cheapen the original CE kit's value. I don't know what it went for originally, but I paid over a hundred bucks for mine off of Ebay, and that was many, many years ago. I have no idea how much it is going for these days, but I would imagine it is quite a bit more, given that it has only increased in rarity as the years have progressed. I am sure there aren't very many of them left still unopened.

Calm down there killer. The CE vendor is certainly a digital item because the CE box I got at launch certainly didn't come with a little person selling items or item codes for use in-game. The physical CE cost $150 at launch and now goes for anything from $400 to $2,000 unopened and I saw a "used" one for $120 so you are probably only paying for and getting the physical items and not the CE digital items.

Nothing in the CE vendor in-game is worth the cost of what it would take to get an unopened physical CE from the resellers. As for the inclusion of the CE vendor "devaluing" the worth of the physical packs, that is BS. If you haven't gotten a return on your investment from the CE vendor by this point, that is because you either don't use it or severely overpaid a third-party reseller in the last couple of years.

By not including CE vendor access or having a digital CE they are losing out on TONS of money since the resellers are the only ones profiting from the physical boxes.

Yeah I'm sure SWTOR releasing a special Op for their 10th anniversary would go well, considering how many people play ops... Especially if you have to beat the end boss to get the stuff.

I'd take the $40 CE any time lol.

SM OPs are not hard. At ALL. (Well, maybe for you, but there are groups forming non-stop on fleet)

This isnt that exciting for me either. I just paid for the next 6 months, and the extra CC's aren't a draw.

Honestly, should have made it a physical edition, and have a NEW Malgus bust, so people would not complain about having the old one.

(I wish someone lived near me, that wanted to buy mine. It's never left the box. I just dont feel the desire to go through trying to sell it on Ebay and then have to deal with shipping, then have someone scam me saying they never got it from porch pirates. Guess thats my fault for living in a rural area of deep south Texas.)

$40 for this is still not worth the price to me.

Tacky.

Why not just go back to charging for expansions? As soon as xpacs became free the quality took a serious nose-dive. Much prefer to pay for the xpac than this "anniversary" cash grab

I agree. I would much rather pay for a fully fledged and fleshed out expansion than this rubbish.

That’s really only relevant if BioWare were still selling the original physical CE version, which they aren’t. You’re arguing it will devalue an item that BioWare doesn’t sell anymore and is being sold second hand on EBAY. It has zero relevance to anything BioWare may or may not sell or give access to currently in the game.

Now if BioWare were planning to re-release the physical CE edition with figure, books and the CE digital access vendor, I would agree that giving access to the CE vendor now would slightly devalue it. But we know that they aren’t planning to do that. So BioWare could very easily give access to the digital CE vendor and it would have zero impact. In fact, adding access would probably generate more value for the digital CE and drive more revenue for BioWare. Which is a win-win for players and BioWare alike.

good on you BW keeping the old CE exclusive. many people have bought the original CE for +200 bucks extra. if you want it buy it off ebay

All that does is make EBay and the ebay scalpers money. It doesn’t make BioWare money and there certainly aren’t enough available for everyone who might want one. You’re reply stinks of someone trying to sell one on eBay.

Hi everyone,

Alongside the launch of 7.0 will be a Darth Malgus-inspired Legacy of the Sith Digital Collector’s Edition. More details can be found here. I'm quite partial to the mini pet.

Jackie

So let me get this straight. This "Digital Collectors Edition" for the 10th Anniversary costs $39.99 and includes 1 month sub and 2400 CCs. Let's break that down. 1 month sub is $14.99. 2400 CCs is $19.99. This means that the Malgus Mount, Dualsaber, and Mini-Pet cost $5 and don't give access to the Collectors Edition vender? I could understand (sort of) if it cost the same or if the extra cost in fact DID give Collectors Edition vender access but what I can't comprehend is why the extra? For other expansions we've been mailed a pet and mount for nothing other than subbing. (I've seen my fill if purple Tauntauns and The KOTOR dragster mount to know) This is pretty insulting to players I believe and I'm just unclear why we're being upcharged for this time around...

It's the 10th Anniversary of the game for gawds sake. I'm sorry I just expected better. Not angry just disappointed.

So let me get this straight. This "Digital Collectors Edition" for the 10th Anniversary costs $39.99 and includes 1 month sub and 2400 CCs. Let's break that down. 1 month sub is $14.99. 2400 CCs is $19.99. This means that the Malgus Mount, Dualsaber, and Mini-Pet cost $5 and don't give access to the Collectors Edition vender? I could understand (sort of) if it cost the same or if the extra cost in fact DID give Collectors Edition vender access but what I can't comprehend is why the extra? For other expansions we've been mailed a pet and mount for nothing other than subbing. (I've seen my fill if purple Tauntauns and The KOTOR dragster mount to know) This is pretty insulting to players I believe and I'm just unclear why we're being upcharged for this time around...

It's the 10th Anniversary of the game for gawds sake. I'm sorry I just expected better. Not angry just disappointed.

Its a last ditch desperate money grab because they know they’re about to lose a bunch of income from subscribers leaving over this 7.0 debacle. They’re trying to milk it as much as possible before everyone realises how underwhelming and disappointing 7.0 will be and unsubscribe.

In the past, these sorts of pets and mounts were given for free just for being subscribed during or leading up to an expansion. Now they want to charge an extra $5 for what should be free for subscribers.

Hopefully people wake up to this and show BioWare we are not all fools.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The original games CE cost $150 pre-ordering it.

All that does is make EBay and the ebay scalpers money. It doesn’t make BioWare money and there certainly aren’t enough available for everyone who might want one. You’re reply stinks of someone trying to sell one on eBay.

i dont even have the original CE i wish i did. but exclusive should remain exclusive. every mmo has stuff you cant get anymore or stuff you need to jump 50 hoops for to get

Edited by GeneralGyro

Seriously, the CE vendor would be the reason to buy it, for me. Without that, I see no reason to.

... and be aware that when you're paying the hundreds-plus for it, you're taking your chances as to whether the code in the box has already been used. No thanks.

SM OPs are not hard. At ALL. (Well, maybe for you, but there are groups forming non-stop on fleet)

She didn't say anything about difficulty. Many of us don't enjoy them, even though we are perfectly capable of doing them. Bonus content as an anniversary reward should be fun. Like getting a piece of cake when you go out for your birthday. Not everyone would enjoy getting a free plate of Brussels sprouts for their birthday dinner, even if they still got free cake if they ate a heaping plate of sprouts first.

You can really see how bad a deal this digital CE is when you consider that GW2 is releasing its latest FULL expansion this month for $29.95 and you don’t have to pay for a monthly subscription either.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/end-of-dragons/

Just look at all the stuff you’ll get for $29.95.

BioWare, you should be ashamed at yourselves.