How will ranked worked with this new gearing system ?

DavidAtkinson

In order to que ranked now, you need to have max gear rating (306), otherwise it's a no go for you . Seeing how gearing looks like , and that we night not be able to gear up to max fast enough , will the que create gear discrepancies again ?! I forsee a pretty long pre season....

Isn’t preseason supposed to last til the 7.2 pvp update?

Isn’t preseason supposed to last til the 7.2 pvp update?

Nope the season is going to end with 7.0, which will start the preseason. If it is like 6.0 the rewards will be released at launch at Top3 two weeks later as always. The next season however has to have a patch to it for it to start, they won't do a patch which would only start the new season so I would guess that the next season starts at 7.1. The 7.2 update will most likely be:

- Removing ranked

- Removing TEAMranked

- Replacing current Top3 with another rating bracket called Platinum (or something how am I supposed to know)

- Reg filter or only arena reg queue

or some other something along the lines of one of these.

Nope the season is going to end with 7.0, which will start the preseason. If it is like 6.0 the rewards will be released at launch at Top3 two weeks later as always. The next season however has to have a patch to it for it to start, they won't do a patch which would only start the new season so I would guess that the next season starts at 7.1. The 7.2 update will most likely be:

- Removing ranked

- Removing TEAMranked

- Replacing current Top3 with another rating bracket called Platinum (or something how am I supposed to know)

- Reg filter or only arena reg queue

or some other something along the lines of one of these.

Yes the season will end, but I’ve read nothing about the new season starting at 7.1.

I think they said in a stream that PvP will have big changes in 7.2.

Let's be honest this model of Solos has never worked how it intended.

With BW never putting enough resources to the game and some part of the player base making it difficult, very difficult to control. This is not something new. We had StarDaman on ToFN when S1 started and every season we have a new Shenigan, which adds to the rest, of which most are still in the game.

- Removing ranked -

I do not think Ranked will be removed, the model will change dramatically, and I do think that TR will remain in game, and SR will become an non ranked event with its daily weekly. Possibly they will make TR with an option to play Arenas as 4s and 8s WZ. With ability pruning the models might become more accessible.

I also have a 50/50 suspect that PvP gear might return, as the way gear is, it all looks similar to how the game was before 4.0.

As for ranked im for removing it. Its just about a few players now anyway, the rest has no chance to get to top, so whats the point?

Its just not true. So many 'new' players that all started in S11 or S12 get their first golds / top3, yes the old players still get some of them as well but thats not really the point. And it just takes a few season to get on a level where you can even try to compete, just like you have to progress NiM operations to be able to kill them on a more frequent basis.

The preseason should last till gear is sorted. It will require a few patches for sure.

As for ranked im for removing it. Its just about a few players now anyway, the rest has no chance to get to top, so whats the point?

Let’s not forget BioWare also trying to balance out the mess they’ve made of the ability / utility pruning. We don’t really know how well that’s been done yet. You can nearly guarantee it will be worse than if they’d done nothing at all.

Let’s not forget BioWare also trying to balance out the mess they’ve made of the ability / utility pruning. We don’t really know how well that’s been done yet. You can nearly guarantee it will be worse than if they’d done nothing at all.

It is not sounding very positive as Operative still seem to have it all, while the rest got pruned.

Some more, others less....

Operative "why always me" :D

Edited by limenutpen

It is not sounding very positive as Operative still seem to have it all, while the rest got pruned.

Not to turn this into a #nerfoperative thread, but operative does not seem extremely OP at all in 7.0. In fact it seems middle of the pack.

PVP has operated on super bolster for many years now. Gear rating doesn't matter. As long as you have the right distribution of stats, your set bonus, and your tactical, bolster will take care of you. You can see this for yourself in game. People with 220 item rating still have like 280K HP

PVP has operated on super bolster for many years now. Gear rating doesn't matter. As long as you have the right distribution of stats, your set bonus, and your tactical, bolster will take care of you. You can see this for yourself in game. People with 220 item rating still have like 280K HP

Without moddable gear, how do you expect pvpers to get the right distribution of stats without playing operations. I think that’s going to be the biggest contentious issue with this expansion. When you have some of the pvp community who plays operations wearing the better stat distributed gear in pvp. BioWare really dropped the ball here. They finally seemed to start catering to the idea that gear doesn’t matter with a capped stats ceiling in pvp. But at the same time removed our ability to customise your stat distribution unless you want to play operations. Why they haven’t just added a mods vendor specifically for pvp is mind blowing.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Without moddable gear, how do you expect pvpers to get the right distribution of stats without playing operations. I think that’s going to be the biggest contentious issue with this expansion. When you have some of the pvp community who plays operations wearing the better stat distributed gear in pvp. BioWare really dropped the ball here. They finally seemed to start catering to the idea that gear doesn’t matter with a capped stats ceiling in pvp. But at the same time removed our ability to customise your stat distribution unless you want to play operations. Why they haven’t just added a mods vendor specifically for pvp is mind blowing.

Gear isn't moddable, but it is still varied. Like there's gonna be one helmet that has crit, one helmet that has accuracy, one that has alacrity, etc. You can still mix and match them. You don't have to worry about going into PVP with 120% accuracy or something. lol

Edited by HaoZhao

Gear isn't moddable, but it is still varied. Like there's gonna be one helmet that has crit, one helmet that has accuracy, one that has alacrity, etc. You can still mix and match them. You don't have to worry about going into PVP with 120% accuracy or something. lol

But you will have to play other content to mix and match the armor. The modded gear would have been the easiest solution. The same as we had from 2.x-4.x. Then have another vendor that allows you to buy different enhancements, mods, hilts and barrels to min max for your play style.

This static gear rubbish is a massive turn off. I won’t be coming back to the game till they fix it because I don’t play operations and I’m not going to grind static gear from 3 different sources to play pvp with.

But you will have to play other content to mix and match the armor. The modded gear would have been the easiest solution. The same as we had from 2.x-4.x. Then have another vendor that allows you to buy different enhancements, mods, hilts and barrels to min max for your play style.

This static gear rubbish is a massive turn off. I won’t be coming back to the game till they fix it because I don’t play operations and I’m not going to grind static gear from 3 different sources to play pvp with.

This is a shifting of the goal posts. The original grievance was that without moddable gear, it would be impossible to balance stats. Go look at your previous post. This is not true, however, so now you are claiming that the problem is that you have to run content? lol??

This is a shifting of the goal posts. The original grievance was that without moddable gear, it would be impossible to balance stats. Go look at your previous post. This is not true, however, so now you are claiming that the problem is that you have to run content? lol??

The original grievance still stands. I want my gear to be moddable. Not only won’t we be able to min max our stats properly, but we also won’t be able to use our CM weapons we spent money on.

The second is towards BioWares recent change to add a truck load more static gear at each vendor to make you play every type of content if you want any chance of not waisting too many stats (please note, this isn’t min maxing because you will still waste stats doing it this way).

So my grievance has not changed, it’s just been added too, to make it worse.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Who cares, ranked is such a none factor in this game but is dominated in these forums by a handful. No one cares anymore.....ranked is a joke and has been since about 7.

Ah yes ranked is what's over represented in these forums. Not idiots with insufficient understanding of game mechanics to form meaningful opinions, begging bioware to delete and rehash modes/classes they're too incompetent to handle. I swear the same 3 stooges represent 98% of forum posts and you wonder why people think this platform is a joke.