The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I've never seen a pvp mode more unbalanced (Rant)

jontegg

It astonishes me that warzone is this unplayable, I've played like 20 matches, not a single one has had balanced teams.

I can attack someone for 30 seconds, do basically no damage, they shoot me once and im dead, probably because im playing against people WHO HAVE PLAYED THE GAME FOR YEARS.

I'm not sure but i wouldn't be suprised if higher level gear gives you an advantage, which is *********** stupid unless it's a ranked mode

I play Destiny 2, a game that has a horrendously balanced pvp but this is so much worse, there everyone a chance because everyone is put onto a similar level, gear level is made the same.

Presently it is VERY easy to gear. Easy is not congruent with "fun" and it is certainly not quick. You may need more experience playing your class than you have. I expect much of your post is hyperbole. It is difficult to respond in a meaningful way to hyperbole except to ignore it. Thirty seconds and "...do basically no damage..." seems exaggerated. The alternative is not worth comment.

How does playing the objectives make you worse at the game. To me that sounds like you aren’t a well rounded player because good players can do both.

Its quite simple, you waste your defensives while tunnelvisioning towards the goal. This is the worst, this is by far the worst thing you could ever do. Do it for long enough and not only will have learned nothing, but you will also tunnel vision in arenas now and BAM you got worse there you go. To be fair just using your defensives you are already better than most players, but if you learn using them wrong you are worse than someone that doesn't use them at all because they could still learn and improve.

But if your foundation is flawed you will have a much much harder time, because this starts with admitting that its you and not your team and the 1800 rated players aren't wintrading they are just unimaginably good (95% of them at least). I see this time and time again, most people don't realize how good these players actually are - and then I look towards regs where there are toxic players, regstars etc. and they say ranked is a toxic place? The truth is that ranked is not toxic, if you find yourself getting flamed over and over again have you ever considered that they might just be correct and there actually was thinks you could've done?

I've queued for over 700 ranked games now without getting flamed once, but I can't go two regs without getting called names.

The truth is that playing objective and thus enabling all of my points will not only prevent you from improving, you will also get worse since this is an online game and nobody ever admits mistakes.

Of course, if you don't care about improving this doesn't matter to you at all. However, if you are always the worst player in your team how can you expect to even have a 50% winrate? And 50% winrate is already high, quick fact for 1500 you need a 60% winrate, only 10% more. For silver and bronze even less obviously.

Its quite simple, you waste your defensives while tunnelvisioning towards the goal. This is the worst, this is by far the worst thing you could ever do. Do it for long enough and not only will have learned nothing, but you will also tunnel vision in arenas now and BAM you got worse there you go. To be fair just using your defensives you are already better than most players, but if you learn using them wrong you are worse than someone that doesn't use them at all because they could still learn and improve.

But if your foundation is flawed you will have a much much harder time, because this starts with admitting that its you and not your team and the 1800 rated players aren't wintrading they are just unimaginably good (95% of them at least). I see this time and time again, most people don't realize how good these players actually are - and then I look towards regs where there are toxic players, regstars etc. and they say ranked is a toxic place? The truth is that ranked is not toxic, if you find yourself getting flamed over and over again have you ever considered that they might just be correct and there actually was thinks you could've done?

I've queued for over 700 ranked games now without getting flamed once, but I can't go two regs without getting called names.

The truth is that playing objective and thus enabling all of my points will not only prevent you from improving, you will also get worse since this is an online game and nobody ever admits mistakes.

Of course, if you don't care about improving this doesn't matter to you at all. However, if you are always the worst player in your team how can you expect to even have a 50% winrate? And 50% winrate is already high, quick fact for 1500 you need a 60% winrate, only 10% more. For silver and bronze even less obviously.

You do realise that Arena and Ranked are not the be all of pvp in this game? If you can’t play objectives properly it just means your a one pony player without the skill or capacity to learn both. It’s like saying if you play story or operations or flash points will make you a bad pvper. Do see how ridiculous that sounds?

I think you need to take a big step off that self inflated podium you see yourself on and realise that if you can’t also play objective pvp properly, then you’re a second rate pvper with less skill than you believe you have. I would even suggest that swtor or any MMO are not the games you should be playing. You’d be better off focusing on one pony pvp style games that let you hone your skills in only one format of play. Because if you aren’t willing to learn objective pvp as well, you are negatively affecting other players who are better than you or want to play properly. Either stick with ranked or look for another game.

You do realise that Arena and Ranked are not the be all of pvp in this game? If you can’t play objectives properly it just means your a one pony player without the skill or capacity to learn both. It’s like saying if you play story or operations or flash points will make you a bad pvper. Do see how ridiculous that sounds?

Well I don't really care what you think of me. But even to play objectives you should be able to win 1v2 or 1v3s which you can do if you had developed the skills by trying to get as much experience as possible which you don't get from playing objectives. Again, if you play objectives that is your thing and if you pass the huttball to me because it is a good play then I'll just score because I respect your time. I am not saying to never play objectives I am just saying that playing objectives won't get you ahead if you only do that.

And 1v2 / 1v3s are so easy in regs... this morning alone I've queued 13 regs and won all of them, including two just being a 1v3. Yes the early morning players are not really a standard I know, but it is the first thing that came to my mind.

I think you need to take a big step off that self inflated podium you see yourself on and realise that if you can’t also play objective pvp properly, then you’re a second rate pvper with less skill than you believe you have. I would even suggest that swtor or any MMO are not the games you should be playing. You’d be better off focusing on one pony pvp style games that let you hone your skills in only one format of play. Because if you aren’t willing to learn objective pvp as well, you are negatively affecting other players who are better than you or want to play properly. Either stick with ranked or look for another game.

I never said you can't be good at objectives, I said you cannot develop any skill from doing so. It simply just does not have a skillset that can be learned by doing it over and over again. Being good at objectives does not make you a valuable teammate in my book, being good at arenas (or making the WZ one) does. Why? Simple: Because they don't let YOU die, while you let THEM die. Only doing objectives is the most useless playstyle out there, this is not even debatable, if you let your teammates die you stand in a 1v6 without any skillset needed to survive or get away. You realize how that actually makes you less likely to win? The way to play objectives the best is probably to just keep the enemy team busy in a 2v5 or smth and have your 'bads' aka objective players cap the stuff. Why? They would get rolled if roles were reversed. Why? Because they lack the skillset to actually fight.

For gods love its called PvP and most refuse to actually PvP, they just run around and click stuff. Just name Players clicking stuff and not PvP....

Well I don't really care what you think of me. But even to play objectives you should be able to win 1v2 or 1v3s which you can do if you had developed the skills by trying to get as much experience as possible which you don't get from playing objectives. Again, if you play objectives that is your thing and if you pass the huttball to me because it is a good play then I'll just score because I respect your time. I am not saying to never play objectives I am just saying that playing objectives won't get you ahead if you only do that.

And 1v2 / 1v3s are so easy in regs... this morning alone I've queued 13 regs and won all of them, including two just being a 1v3. Yes the early morning players are not really a standard I know, but it is the first thing that came to my mind.

I never said you can't be good at objectives, I said you cannot develop any skill from doing so. It simply just does not have a skillset that can be learned by doing it over and over again. Being good at objectives does not make you a valuable teammate in my book, being good at arenas (or making the WZ one) does. Why? Simple: Because they don't let YOU die, while you let THEM die. Only doing objectives is the most useless playstyle out there, this is not even debatable, if you let your teammates die you stand in a 1v6 without any skillset needed to survive or get away. You realize how that actually makes you less likely to win? The way to play objectives the best is probably to just keep the enemy team busy in a 2v5 or smth and have your 'bads' aka objective players cap the stuff. Why? They would get rolled if roles were reversed. Why? Because they lack the skillset to actually fight.

For gods love its called PvP and most refuse to actually PvP, they just run around and click stuff. Just name Players clicking stuff and not PvP....

This will be my last post. You can play the objectives and be good at it while also doing combat. It’s not one or the other, it’s both at the same time. Which you don’t seem to comprehend. When you do, you’ll be a step closer to being a better player and team mate.

This will be my last post. You can play the objectives and be good at it while also doing combat. It’s not one or the other, it’s both at the same time. Which you don’t seem to comprehend. When you do, you’ll be a step closer to being a better player and team mate.

I agree with Trixx here. Well said!

I don't have a choice do I? What would I do as a ranked player that wants to try something new: e.g. Sniper main but I want to try Merc so I just go into ranked with my merc and just die? Ye I don't think so.

I won't play objectives because playing objectives actually makes you worse at the game - so no, I don't think I will 'just not play warzones' and belive me, if there would be a choice I'd only queue arenas but there is just nothing I can do about it.

You could chase after me like you all already do....it fun, I get enjoyment out of it, it is great to be me....

Edited by Nickodemous