The GTN & Economy is not broken, its thriving!

Sazodeha

People who play for free have absolutely no right to ask for anything. You want a spot at the table, pay for a subscription. You are playing for free!! What makes you think your needs or wants matter?? Especially for those of us who spend real, hard-earned money to be here. How would that even be fair to the paying customer??

Being poor is not an insult, philosophically speaking "the poor" have greater wealth than the rich, but that's a long-winded discussion and not for the forum. But again, I cannot control your perception. not to mention and as a side note, it sounds more like your painting a state of poverty as derogatory, shame on you.

Your post is "idealistic" and even arguably altruistic.

You stated yourself that if someone doesn't pay, their "needs and wants don't matter" and it "wouldn't be fair to the paying customer." So don't do some "I was just innocently stating how things are, you are misinterpreting me with your idealistic worldview" nonsense when your post was ideologically charged to begin with. If that's your ideology, own it, keep it to yourself, backpedal, whatever you want to do with it, as long as you don't try to mess with somebody's mind telling them they are seeing shadows when you made your worldview clear in no uncertain terms. That stuff is really manipulative and cowardly.

There's a difference between stating what the status quo is and agreeing with it and you unequivocally agreed with it. Then when called out on it, you cried personal attack and tried to tell the other person that it's actually them who is agreeing with the status quo. So... "self reflect."

Self-Reflect...

None of my post was a personal attack. It was direct -literal (an argument can be "foolishness", that's not personal) I cannot control how you perceive what I wrote or the world, I can only tell you my intent. It was literal. Your post is "idealistic" and even arguably altruistic. To give away high-value items for the sake of a flighty idealism or altruism could be said to be philanthropic, sure, but as a foundational practice is "poor" in wealth building, again, literal. But in a real-life context, imaginary. with maybe small expressions on a bell curve. Being poor is not an insult, philosophically speaking "the poor" have greater wealth than the rich, but that's a long-winded discussion and not for the forum. But again, I cannot control your perception. not to mention and as a side note, it sounds more like your painting a state of poverty as derogatory, shame on you.

I also have been a sub since the beginning. Legacy. With a couple of years break between. I have a full understanding of the mechanics and system. I have 18 maxed characters, billions of credits, and all my 'banks' are bursting. Built-up by my "understanding". Then there is the question of my intelligence, schooling, education, and so forth. Of which, I am pretty sure is higher than yourself, given my age (unless you're retired too?) and literal education. But then again, this isn't a "bigger stick" argument. Nonetheless, your statement is an assumption properly said, a personal attack. Perspective to being hypocritical? (that which you see in others, lives in you)

then we come to the whole "cutthroat" statement and here it becomes tiresome and redundant. As again, you resort to personal attack (sigh). But, to your point. I guarantee that a "new player", with time, could very easily work their way into billions. almost too easy actually. your point is moot.

on f2p posting. out of context and fine, concede., doesn't really matter, the point stands. Whether they can post or not, I simply made the point as the argument was made that the f2p couldn't enter the market because of credit limits. Point made.

Wow, watching you twisting and turning to try and justify your last post is hysterical.

The language in your statements was directed at my person and not some third person or some unknown F2P player.

Now you are trying to deflect as if you were directing it at some third person, which is blatantly untrue and anyone can plainly see it by rereading my previous post where I quoted yours for prosperity (so there’s no point changing your tune now).

It’s plain as day that you were trying to insult me with your previous post by calling me poor. At least be man enough to own up to it. If you are retired, then you’ve the life experience to have learnt better manners when addressing a lady.

And as for me being retired, not that it matters or is relevant, if you read some of my posting history, you will see I also own a successful IT business and I’m semi retired.

Now that I’ve got that out of the way, back onto to the topic which is the games economy and GTN inflation is broken.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The harvesting bug is the one where gatherable nodes are visible on the minimap and in the world, but can't be harvested. "Broken" nodes also don't have the floaty Aurebesh text by them. They get progressively more numerous until an instance is empty and resets.

But the other poster is wrong about the impact of the bug. It doesn't as such *generate* credits, but the scarcity (they are harder to harvest) drives the price up, and the ridiculous quantities of credits washing around *allows* that increase. Probably the only things that mitigate the fallout from this bug are gather-skill missions and buying materials from the Jawa token vendors.

Which I think is a side effect of the new loot system.

If you're grouped, and you have scavenging and your buddy doesn't, you can try to get the mats but the loot roll says your buddy gets it. Now, I'm not sure, at that point, if the system makes the node a "box" that can be opened by the buddy, or still a node that can't. If your buddy doesn't even try, that node is dead because it doesn't reset like the random treasure boxes out in the game world do.

Edited by Darev

Which I think is a side effect of the new loot system.

If you're grouped, and you have scavenging and your buddy doesn't, you can try to get the mats but the loot roll says your buddy gets it. Now, I'm not sure, at that point, if the system makes the node a "box" that can be opened by the buddy, or still a node that can't. If your buddy doesn't even try, that node is dead because it doesn't reset like the random treasure boxes out in the game world do.

That’s an interesting assumption. I’m not saying you’re wrong. But wouldn’t the simplest explanation be that it’s the usual type of unforeseen bug created as a consequence of BioWare doing something else totally unrelated (you know like most of the bugs they created ;))

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That’s an interesting assumption. I’m not saying you’re wrong. But wouldn’t the simplest explanation be that it’s the usual type of unforeseen bug created as a consequence of BioWare doing something else totally unrelated (you know like most of the bugs they created ;))

I have a basis for it. Previously, while in a group, treasure boxes had items which were rolled for. Everyone could get a chance, like boss drops. Now, the treasure boxes auto assign loot, like boss drops.

Previously, in a group, if you harvested a node, but for some reason got interrupted before the contents were picked up, that node was "open" for anyone to get the resources from. So now I think that the group affect altered the nodes like I mentioned above.

I could be wrong, I'm certainly not a programmer. However, based on what I've seen, it makes sense as a possibility.

But, also...yeah. This game, as with the only other one I have any history of playing....new stuff can bring random bugs.

Yavin-4. So many "crystals". I could see them, but not "loot / collect" them.

The frustration (at least among the people commenting, if I am reading the tea leaves correctly) is not that these things exist. It's that these "bugs" have existed for MONTHS. (Possibly longer)

I could be wrong, I'm certainly not a programmer. However, based on what I've seen, it makes sense as a possibility.

But, also...yeah. This game, as with the only other one I have any history of playing....new stuff can bring random bugs.

I *am* a programmer (thirty three years and counting!), and I can say that "new stuff can bring random bugs" is a description of *any* large and old body of code, especially one that has been maintained by people who weren't there for the original design process.

I *am* a programmer (thirty three years and counting!), and I can say that "new stuff can bring random bugs" is a description of *any* large and old body of code, especially one that has been maintained by people who weren't there for the original design process.

Ya know bud.. I can't help but to wonder if so much of what we're seeing isn't a reflection of this matter in particular. So the answer (?) isn't trying to simplify things in game (almost like stripping down to the foundation) then rebuilding???

I kind of doubt it (actually).

[/shrugs] ... so much of this makes so little sense (in so many ways) that's it's anyones' guess as to why ... let alone where this is all going right now.

I do believe that both you and Darev have touched on some interesting points in your last several points.

In the case of the GTN ... UGH [/facepalm] . IMO ... taxation won't fix things. Rampant inflation never helps. credit sinks in the wrong places ten to penalize those who are new(er) players. Substituting credits for actual rewards for completing stuff ... IMO adds more fuel to the fire.

Frankly I'm dealing with some very serious RL matter with BOTH parents simultaneously to really sit down and focus on this game right now. Sorry ... not trying to dodge the matter. (IMO that's all I need to post in this matter).

It's a mess !! But IMO could be sorted out!

I do appreciate the game and what it was up until now as well as many whom I've had the pleasure of posting with here in forum.

I'm hoping that cooler heads will prevail in the coming months!

This is just plain foolishness and I am guessing you are poor IRL.

Do you think the world, capitalism, cares about your sense of morality, what's wrong or right and what should be? This is rainbows and unicorn-ville. A nice idea but imaginary.

The market dictates and actually balances when people put their minds to it. Unfortunately, our culture is what it is, reward for no effort made, praise work that's sub-par just because you may hurt their feelings. A sense of deserving when it's not earned. etc.

People who play for free have absolutely no right to ask for anything. You want a spot at the table, pay for a subscription. You are playing for free!! What makes you think your needs or wants matter?? Especially for those of us who spend real, hard-earned money to be here. How would that even be fair to the paying customer??

the Market is fine,. I think Dev should focus back on crafting, make it viable again, and the market will correct itself, as it should always be in the matters of economy. It broke because DEV destroyed the product by ignoring the base of the said economy by ignoring crafting.

Most All the crafters left, paying subscribers (ill never understand that business model) because DEV stopped caring. Look at the harvest bug, it's been broken for months now. This bug has allowed this money exploit to run absolute havoc on the market and they completely turn a blind eye. I have been reporting it daily for months, not a thing has been done. So there is the problem.

Also the market is fine. I usually do about 200M/day and spend about 160M. And I know of people doing over a Billion a day

Problem is the cap. Get rid of integers in 2021. Market will be fine. Inflation even goes well with the theme of galactic scarcity

Edited by HectorCasan

I think my problem is since being here since a long time, I remember what some of the prices were and when I see what they are now it makes it hard to buy something. That's because this is a game. IRL each year things are more expensive, I still buy Bog Paper even if its double what it was 10 years ago? I've always been kinda skint in any game I've played. I manage to get enough Credits, Gold, $info etc to get around and get by.

10 years ago I didn't have enough cr to take my 1st flight off Coruscant, had to go back and farm some; now I have more than I thought possible and it isn't that much compared to the majority of folks that have been here as long as I.

I know ppl place things on GTN that they got from a vendor - I've bought from them. For instance Paste for crafting, I'd have to go "ALL THE WAY" to the fleet to buy or just go to GTN kiosk in my stronghold and buy from there, Maybe not money well spent but I've done that lots.

On another unrelated thing, I've noticed every time I type my g are doubled like thingg or GGold. Is that fixable?

On another unrelated thing, I've noticed every time I type my g are doubled like thingg or GGold. Is that fixable?

If it only affects g, might be it's to do with the physical key itself, like it's getting slightly stuck or something. Could maybe try cleaning around it carefully, however it is you are supposed to clean a keyboard.

Edited by Rolodome

If it only affects g, might be it's to do with the physical key itself, like it's getting slightly stuck or something. Could maybe try cleaning around it carefully, however it is you are supposed to clean a keyboard.

Yeah sounds like they got a drop of drink or food under the key and it’s getting stuck or it’s sticky

Edited by TrixxieTriss