Which Origin Story + Advanced class combo are you most excited about?

lordpitt

Like the title says, which Origin Story + Advanced class combo are you most excited about and why?

I personally can't wait to roll a Sniper trooper when 7.0 launches. Always wanted to be able to take cover and shoot with a rifle-like weapon from far away.

Three:

* Trooper+Sniper, like you, although "far away" isn't actually much further than with Commando

* Trooper+Pistols (probably Gunslinger), for some "two girls pistoling everything to death" action with Elara.

* Warrior+Assassin just to see Dri'kill Ba'al grumble about how my character isn't a stealthy assassin.

Consular - Juggernaut, because I want single blade melee. Some of it because later expansions failed at the cut scenes with dual saber and some of it because I love Force Choke and Force Scream :)

Trooper - Gunslinger, think Steve above said it best.

Agent - Gunslinger or Scoundrel, because I felt the Agent should be using a blaster pistol all the time!

I hate the sound effects used for assault cannons and pistols in this game. I've been campaigning to get Bioware to make a pistol with the Imperial E-1 Enforcer Blaster Rifle sound effect and an assault cannon with the VL-10 ST Blaster Rifle sound effect (look them up, they're both great). Until that time, I'll be moving my Gunslinger (Belorfin) and Mercenary (Aldo Fetmirna) to Gunnery Commando style, and they'll be using the aforementioned rifles. "But but you gotta use the cannon!" No, I don't. Hail of Bolts is the only ability affected by it (currently), so it's an acceptable loss. As for the minuscule difference in damage, I don't care. But don't freak out! I will break out the big gun if I have to do group content where I really need it. I'm mostly solo. That takes care of two of my characters. This is what I'm most excited about. ^ I decided that since I dislike most BH-style armor in the game due to the asymmetry, I bought my merc a Snowtrooper set and dyed it in preparation for this.

I've also got plans to finally add DPS mode to my guardian (Jorran Reynn). Technically you can do that now, but loadouts will make it actually practical to change between tank and DPS on the fly. Focus is what I'll use. What ability is it that has the annoying screaming? I think it's Plasma Brand? Or Overhead Slash? I think it's a Vigilance thing. Anyway, I expect to wear my robe as Focus DPS, and switch to my armored robe for my Defense tank.

I might add a Sentinel mode for my Shadow (Valurin Raster), since that's how I imagined him dual wielding. Again the Focus spec, as I don't like DoT much.

I'll add a Focus-spec Jedi Guardian style for my Madness Sorc (Isharo Izark). That way he finally gets to use his lightsaber. The Guardian has the most stylish lightsaber moves in the whole game, and he's lightside anyway. I just don't want to trade his lightning for pebbles, so no sage.

My Sniper (Lucîan) will switch to Scoundrel, so he can get stealth and a pistol.

As a side project, I'm considering creating Tali'Zorah as a zabrak (the cute hairstyle with the earrings, not that you'll ever see it) vanguard DPS. But with the class story of smuggler, because no thanks to having FemShep's voice come from Tali! And the Imperial E-1 Blaster Rifle seems just the right size for her "shotgun".

Edited by BelorfinSiana

I hate the sound effects used for assault cannons and pistols in this game. I've been campaigning to get Bioware to make a pistol with the Imperial E-1 Enforcer Blaster Rifle sound effect and an assault cannon with the VL-10 ST Blaster Rifle sound effect (look them up, they're both great). Until that time, I'll be moving my Gunslinger (Belorfin) and Mercenary (Aldo Fetmirna) to Gunnery Commando style, and they'll be using the aforementioned rifles. "But but you gotta use the cannon!" No, I don't. Hail of Bolts is the only ability affected by it (currently), so it's an acceptable loss. As for the minuscule difference in damage, I don't care. But don't freak out! I will break out the big gun if I have to do group content where I really need it. I'm mostly solo. That takes care of two of my characters. This is what I'm most excited about. ^ I decided that since I dislike most BH-style armor in the game due to the asymmetry, I bought my merc a Snowtrooper set and dyed it in preparation for this.

I've also got plans to finally add DPS mode to my guardian (Jorran Reynn). Technically you can do that now, but loadouts will make it actually practical to change between tank and DPS on the fly. Focus is what I'll use. What ability is it that has the annoying screaming? I think it's Plasma Brand? Or Overhead Slash? I think it's a Vigilance thing. Anyway, I expect to wear my robe as Focus DPS, and switch to my armored robe for my Defense tank.

I might add a Sentinel mode for my Shadow (Valurin Raster), since that's how I imagined him dual wielding. Again the Focus spec, as I don't like DoT much.

I'll add a Focus-spec Jedi Guardian style for my Madness Sorc (Isharo Izark). That way he finally gets to use his lightsaber. The Guardian has the most stylish lightsaber moves in the whole game, and he's lightside anyway. I just don't want to trade his lightning for pebbles, so no sage.

My Sniper (Lucîan) will switch to Scoundrel, so he can get stealth and a pistol.

As a side project, I'm considering creating Tali'Zorah as a zabrak (the cute hairstyle with the earrings, not that you'll ever see it) vanguard DPS. But with the class story of smuggler, because no thanks to having FemShep's voice come from Tali! And the Imperial E-1 Blaster Rifle seems just the right size for her "shotgun".

ugh this is really going to bug me, I thought it was hail of bolts and one other ability that didn't work.

Agent story - Operative combat style

Inquisitor story - Assassin combat style

Warrior story - Juggernaut combat style

7.0 won't change much how I play. my favorite classes were already predefined. Come 7.0, I'm still going to make new Agent - Operatives and some Inquisitor - Assassins. I have enough Warrior - Juggs

The gimmick doesn't faze me

my few existing pubs will continue to use pub styles

my legion of imps will continue to use imp styles

bioware can change advance class loyalty but bioware can't change how trash all the republic ability names and republic ability icons are. They've been trash since launch.

The only difference now is that if I have to make any new pub toons, I'll be able to use empire advanced classes so I don't have to learn any republic combat styles anymore. I guess that makes things kinda better. maybe. kinda. I guess

There's only 1 tech advanced class for stealth, operative.

There's only 1 force advanced class for stealth, assassin.

7.0 won't change the only options I have.

bioware can change advance class loyalty but bioware can't change how trash all the republic ability names and republic ability icons are. They've been trash since launch.
Empire has literally been the only playable faction in this game for 10 solid years. Now bioware opened the empire advanced classes so pub players can use them without rerolling empire toons.

also Tech > Force

Edited by Falensawino

Trooper > Sniper - I'm playing a soldier who uses a rifle, so it's pretty awkward that she can only fire it at very close range, and also punch people. I'll enjoy finally being able to fire from a distance.

Agent > Scoundrel - finally get to be an agent with a handgun!

Consular > Guardian, Inquisitor > Juggernaut or Guardian - these classes have lightsabers that are pretty important to the story, so I'd like to be able to actually fight with them at least some of the time.

Has anyone who replied to this thread actually been on the PTS and tried out what they want? If you haven't I suggest you do.

I wanted my one of my agents to have a 2-gun merc spec as their main spec and switch to stealthy operative as needed but this is not possible. You can only choose merc as a second spec preference (as per the Devs announcement). Currently loadouts are borked after they reset the PTS so my dreams have turned to dust** You cannot easily switch between specs like you could before they reset the PTS. You'll still be able to have your two specs, but ability bars, equipped weapons, armour and even the ability tree (formerly utilities) are NOT saved into the loadout as they're supposed to be; you have to re-do them every single time you switch.

If you are a force user, you can change your main spec straight away. My warrior has assassin main spec (I've been wanting my warriors to have stealth for years). Even with the changes to stealthing & loss of force choke, it's still fantastic. Because it's broken I don't bother switching to my secondary spec choice on my warrior (guardian).

**unnecessary but necessary tragic drama!

Like the title says, which Origin Story + Advanced class combo are you most excited about and why?

Excited about? Meh.

I plan to continue playing my Gunslinger after 7.0 drops. What, if any, changes I'd make, have yet to be seen.🙄

Edited by JediQuaker

Has anyone who replied to this thread actually been on the PTS and tried out what they want? If you haven't I suggest you do.

I wanted my one of my agents to have a 2-gun merc spec as their main spec and switch to stealthy operative as needed but this is not possible. You can only choose merc as a second spec preference (as per the Devs announcement). Currently loadouts are borked after they reset the PTS so my dreams have turned to dust** You cannot easily switch between specs like you could before they reset the PTS. You'll still be able to have your two specs, but ability bars, equipped weapons, armour and even the ability tree (formerly utilities) are NOT saved into the loadout as they're supposed to be; you have to re-do them every single time you switch.

If you are a force user, you can change your main spec straight away. My warrior has assassin main spec (I've been wanting my warriors to have stealth for years). Even with the changes to stealthing & loss of force choke, it's still fantastic. Because it's broken I don't bother switching to my secondary spec choice on my warrior (guardian).

By one of your Agents, do you mean one you transferred over to PTS? Because, when I talk about it, I I'll be making a new Agent for the Blaster Pistol use. Not just giving it to my Agent as a second style.

I have made a Gunslinger Trooper on PTS.

BH Vanguard, probably? I've always wanted a rifle on one of my BHs. Operative is really my only other choice, but OP doesn't really use his rifle that much. Then again, I suppose Vanguard doesn't either, but certainly a bit more depending on the spec.

Frankly, I'd rather be able to keep my Powertech or Merc's abilities but with a rifle. This is the next best thing I suppose.

7.0 won't change much how I play. my favorite classes were already predefined.

With the exception for inquisitor jugg. That's how i feel too.

This is the best thing that happened to the game bar none. Nothing frustrated me more about this game than having a sith classes that can't use lightning and the saber properly for the same character. The Assassin horse **** with channeling lightning through the saber don't count.

Assuming we still get to have 2 combat styles, a sorc + jugg is gonna be great. I will switch between them every half an hour or so.

The other classes will stay the same for me, the good thing though is that you get to have for example both a merc and powertech for the same character, which is also something i always wanted, again asuming we still get to have 2 combat styles. Merc for important stuff like PvP(cus it's the tech class i'm best at) and powertech to unwind later in a FP.

No more wondering which advanced class to pick for each faction so they will be different like Vanguard <-> Merc, etc... followed up creation and deletion of dozens of chars due to second guessing myself, after i'm fully geared no less, during the years i've played.

Edited by Kaedusz

Trooper: Mercenary - I love merc/mando heals, but never cared for the huge gun.

Agent: scoundrel - This way my operative healer can have a pistol on her hip and have that imp officer look

Bounty Hunter - Operative - Blaster rifle bounty hunter

The most important combo for my mains is that between the 2 advanced classese, i can have them be tank/hea/ or dps

Which since we can choose new main advanced classes upon launch, some of my characters are going to be deleted and have to be rerolled.

Edited by kirorx

Wait, I'm confused. I thought they announced that you wouldn't be able to do this. Are you saying that, if I have a marauder right now, when 7.0 comes around I can ditch his current advanced class and make him into a juggernaut sorcerer?

There are 2 I'm really looking forward too.

1) Mercenary - Smuggler cause I've always wanted 2 guns for my smuggler.

2) Gunslinger - Bounty Hunter. Same reason as above.

Ha! Yeah. I'm not excited about any of these. I'm not going to go out and create new characters just because I can mix and match the combat style with the story. If this is what BioWare considers "new" content; slight repackaging to make old content have the illusion of freshness, then that's not very impressive.

That said, I have new characters on the docket for other reasons completely. I'm not sure if I'm going to mix and match combat style with story, however. I may stick with the classics and just do advanced classes that I haven't done yet.