Merc healer leveling advice

Xezkaiel

Okay I am about to start my empire toon with my buddies and I am usually a great healer in mmos. I think I wanna go with mercenary since they seem to be the least populated healer and I dig the look/story. Anyways I would prefer to heal from the moment I get my AC but with my first companion being mako (a squishy gal who specializes in healing...is that really worth it? Should I just level with a dps spec until I get a dps/tank companion? Maybe I can dps just fine while putting points in the heal tree until I get 2nd companion? Advice please XD

Okay I am about to start my empire toon with my buddies and I am usually a great healer in mmos. I think I wanna go with mercenary since they seem to be the least populated healer and I dig the look/story. Anyways I would prefer to heal from the moment I get my AC but with my first companion being mako (a squishy gal who specializes in healing...is that really worth it? Should I just level with a dps spec until I get a dps/tank companion? Maybe I can dps just fine while putting points in the heal tree until I get 2nd companion? Advice please XD

Hey man my only advice is to read the sticky in the forum.

Yes, do DPS spec. You will still be able to heal your friends in instances/heroics just fine with a DPS spec until you get to lvl 35 or beyond.

Spec healing. The sooner you get used to the healing mechanics the better.

Also Mako has blaster stance which beefs up her damage considerably doing ~90% of the damage of a DPS companion while still having heals. Going DPS spec on Mercs isn't really worthwhile until much much later when you start getting talents for synergy(typically 30+) before then the damage difference is pretty small.

Healing spec has allows you to solo heroic 2's and some heroic 4's with ease and people will practically be begging to have you in their group to get through flashpoints and heroics that you can't solo.

Edited by DrekorSilverfang

I think I wanna go with mercenary since they seem to be the least populated healer

Wait... what?

Mercenaries on my server are starting to outnumber Inquisitors as a whole(both assassin and sorc combined).

The least played healer, imo, is Operative.

Edited by Faolon