The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR 7.0 is the worst expansion to date ?

DavidAtkinson

Just out of curiosity, when is the last time you did the Colicoid Flashpoint?

I haven't touched Colicoid wargames in a long time. I think I only did it once or twice. But in truth I never liked it, so had no reason to want to go back into it.

Edit: I also haven't run Gods of the Machine, Ravager HM, ToS HM, or TFB (any mode) in years. they all give rewards. So if I don't like something I don't spend my time doing it.

Edited by Toraak

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)I remember PvP back at launch through 4.0, and the truth is as time went on BW kept adding more and more DCD's to every class. These aren't special abilities anymore however. How many classes can Teleport (snipers and Sorcs), how many have the Ability to reflect? a lot. BW has already said that because of the way they did balancing of classes the DCD creep kept getting higher. None of these abilities are special abilities any longer and just add to a Longer time on target which keeps getting bigger. It's long past time they got rid of some of the DCD's.

2) So by having solo or small group activities that don't give rewards because they are not in the GF is a problem? hmm. I seem to read a lot that many solo players are up in arms about NiM Ops actually getting rewards for the 1st time since 4.0 ended. So if your saying it's not fair to have content you don't get rewarded for, doesn't it seem fair that NiM Ops players do as well? If BW puts all FP's in GF, which I'm fine with if they go that route, which means you can do any FP for rewards, then players shouldn't have any issues about NiM Ops dropping BiS gear that those that do not do NiM can't get. If it's good for one group of players to get rewards for content, then it seems only fair NiM players (and I'm not one) can get rewarded for the content they do.

3) Why would the reset matter for GSF? GSF daily is only for matches played. Or did they change that on the PTS? I didn't look at GSF, since no changes that I know of were happening with it. Weeklies shouldn't reset. I still believe that.

6) 100k Conquest isn't hard to do on multiple characters. When I spent time on the PTS I was getting conquest on 4-5 characters a day without any issue. With that being said it's possible to get 28-30 characters done in conquest even with the increase in points. This is still Very alt friendly and I have no issue with this at all.

7) You really don't need collections for gearing. For an example I gear out my Sniper. I can use my headpiece, chest, bracers, gloves, belt, legs, boots, earpiece, and both relics on Any class in my legacy. So basically all you should need to do is gear up those pieces once and use Legacy storage. No need for collections honestly. Take 2 mins to drop in storage as you log out, and 2 mins to put them on alt.

The gear on the PTS wasn't bound to class or character it is legacy bound, so unless you need a MH/OH, and legendary items for a different class you don't need to truly Gear out 20-40 characters. You can always put the Legendary items, and MH/OH's in storage as well once you get them.

For the Record the worst expansion this game has had is 4.0. Nothing here in 7.0 will change that. No new Ops, Story that only works if your Jedi or Sith (Makes no sense as a non force user), only new FP's were making MM versions of old FP's. Level Sync wasn't liked by many on the PTS at the time or on Live. I saw many complain they couldn't one shot things anymore (I didn't like it at first either, but came to live with it eventually).

Well, I wasn't there for 4.0 so I can't judge... but it's an awful expansion for me because it will nerf my playstyle.

- I have no desire to waste 5 minutes switching gears between characters. I like my characters having their own mounts, and their own crystals, and their own gear. It might not be a big deal for you, but it is an annoyance for me, and a nerf from 6.0.

- pvp I don't even care about, I'm thinking about survivability in vet star fortress or vet chapters (which are part of galactic season and are apparently impossible to do on the PTS now). Again, nerf.

- no rewards for activities that WERE GIVING REWARDS in 6.0 is also a nerf.

- GSF - it's two matches or one win. So no more spreading the daily on two days (again, I didn't check the PTS for that)

- conquest being doubled with fewer available goals and fewer rewards is also a huge nerf.

Also - doing story missions after 80 will only give you credits as rewards now. So basically going back and doing old missions and/or planetary arcs is going to be a massive waste of time. Really, the removal of renown is probably one of the worst parts of the updates for me. There's not even any reason to level alts to max level asap anymore.

You can find excuses where you want, it doesn't change the fact that basically every part of my playstyle has been nerfed, so yeah, it's a really bad expansion as far as I'm concerned.

They seem to give the impression that they listen to feedback ,

yes, they've always been really good at listening, and communicating. In particular, their countless community managers excel at timely and continues communication with their customers.

/sarcasm

2) So by having solo or small group activities that don't give rewards because they are not in the GF is a problem? hmm. I seem to read a lot that many solo players are up in arms about NiM Ops actually getting rewards for the 1st time since 4.0 ended. So if your saying it's not fair to have content you don't get rewarded for, doesn't it seem fair that NiM Ops players do as well? If BW puts all FP's in GF, which I'm fine with if they go that route, which means you can do any FP for rewards, then players shouldn't have any issues about NiM Ops dropping BiS gear that those that do not do NiM can't get. If it's good for one group of players to get rewards for content, then it seems only fair NiM players (and I'm not one) can get rewarded for the content they do.

Since when have NiM raids not given rewards? Are you talking about NiM not being in GF and therefore not getting GF weekly rewards? Did that change? I didn't hear anything about NiM raids being included in GF for 7.0. If that's not what you are talking about, then what the heck are you talking about? NiM raids give tons of rewards! Heck I regularly see raiders complaining that they get so much loot they can't keep up with grinding it all up! Do you think that exclusive sets and cosmetics, titles, decos, mounts, mats, tech fragments, renown, conquest points, and more gear than you can shake a stick at don't count as rewards? I'll happily let NiM raiders have all of the best armor if I can get all of the rest of their non-rewards instead. ;)

6) 100k Conquest isn't hard to do on multiple characters. When I spent time on the PTS I was getting conquest on 4-5 characters a day without any issue. With that being said it's possible to get 28-30 characters done in conquest even with the increase in points. This is still Very alt friendly and I have no issue with this at all.

I want to know 2 things. 1. How long are you playing per day? 2. What content are you doing? (Group content is significantly faster for getting conquest points, and renown, but that is moot.)

When I played on the PTS for a 2 hour session I got 1 conquest completed. That was killing everything, doing class stories, side quests, leveling and doing level appropriate heroics.

For the Record the worst expansion this game has had is 4.0. Nothing here in 7.0 will change that. No new Ops, Story that only works if your Jedi or Sith (Makes no sense as a non force user), only new FP's were making MM versions of old FP's. Level Sync wasn't liked by many on the PTS at the time or on Live. I saw many complain they couldn't one shot things anymore (I didn't like it at first either, but came to live with it eventually).

Agree to disagree on that one. There was plenty I didn't like 4.0, but 7.0 is in a league of it's own.

Since when have NiM raids not given rewards? Are you talking about NiM not being in GF and therefore not getting GF weekly rewards? Did that change? I didn't hear anything about NiM raids being included in GF for 7.0. If that's not what you are talking about, then what the heck are you talking about? NiM raids give tons of rewards! Heck I regularly see raiders complaining that they get so much loot they can't keep up with grinding it all up! Do you think that exclusive sets and cosmetics, titles, decos, mounts, mats, tech fragments, renown, conquest points, and more gear than you can shake a stick at don't count as rewards? I'll happily let NiM raiders have all of the best armor if I can get all of the rest of their non-rewards instead. ;)

I want to know 2 things. 1. How long are you playing per day? 2. What content are you doing? (Group content is significantly faster for getting conquest points, and renown, but that is moot.)

When I played on the PTS for a 2 hour session I got 1 conquest completed. That was killing everything, doing class stories, side quests, leveling and doing level appropriate heroics.

Agree to disagree on that one. There was plenty I didn't like 4.0, but 7.0 is in a league of it's own.

The Content I ran was Heroics, and Dailies/rampages. Nothing more for getting conquest on then that. How much time did I spend each day? No idea. I don't count. I do watch a clock for it. I log in for a bit, then take a few hours off, and come back. I don't play for 2-3 hour stretches.

8) which you didn't mention, I am somewhat concerned on Ops balance at this point, and hope BW would look into that, but if not it will definitely make things more challenging which isn't necessarily a bad thing for us either. I just hope that don't make them overly challenging for story mode or hard mode Ops. NiM should be a Pain in the butt however.

Us? Speak for yourself. You know, Hammer Station and Toborro's Courtyard are popular for a reason. People say they want harder content but in reality large part of the population enjoy easy content. Actually I noticed a pattern here. It goes like this:

BW: Hey guys! We figured out you like hard content. Here is our new flashpoint on Copero, it's harder even on story difficulty! Enjoy!

Players: It's awful, your flashpoint is bugged, fix it already.

BW: For House Inrokini!

Players: Seriously, fix it already!

BW: OK, OK [murmuring] Ungtateful!

[some time passes]

BW: Hey guys! We figured out you like hard content. Here is our new flashpoint, it's called Spirit of Vengence...

Edited by juliushorst

Us? Speak for yourself. You know, Hammer Station and Toborro's Courtyard are popular for a reason. People say they want harder content but in reality large part of the population enjoy easy content. Actually I noticed a pattern here. It goes like this:

BW: Hey guys! We figured out you like hard content. Here is our new flashpoint on Copero, it's harder even on story difficulty! Enjoy!

Players: It's awful, your flashpoint is bugged, fix it already.

BW: For House Inrokini!

Players: Seriously, fix it already!

BW: OK, OK [murmuring] Ungtateful!

[some time passes]

BW: Hey guys! We figured out you like hard content. Here is our new flashpoint, it's called Spirit of Vengence...

There is truth to this, but there are 2 other truths. People run HS because of how fast it is (in part because of how easy, but also on how short it is), and second because it's the fastest way to gear. As for TC, That's only run because of how fast it is, and the rewards for it are way higher then they should be compared to other content.

There is truth to this, but there are 2 other truths. People run HS because of how fast it is (in part because of how easy, but also on how short it is), and second because it's the fastest way to gear. As for TC, That's only run because of how fast it is, and the rewards for it are way higher then they should be compared to other content.

Athiss and Red Reaper are probably as fast (maybe faster with proper crew skills) and yet it's always HS. Out of single boss raids probably only Mountain Queen takes significantly longer because you need to get to her chamber - Monolith and event bosses are like TC - you spawn on the arena and fight the boss but many people still pick the easiest option and ignore more difficult content even if difficulty increase isn't significant.

Athiss and Red Reaper are probably as fast (maybe faster with proper crew skills) and yet it's always HS. Out of single boss raids probably only Mountain Queen takes significantly longer because you need to get to her chamber - Monolith and event bosses are like TC - you spawn on the arena and fight the boss but many people still pick the easiest option and ignore more difficult content even if difficulty increase isn't significant.

That's only because they're chasing the fastest way to do something. Monolith usually was a longer boss fight then TC by far, so that makes sense people wouldn't want to do that over TC. For the record while there are people that play that way, this game has plenty of players that don't. I see many players uncheck HS, RR for the FP queu's simply because they don't want to do such content, they prefer the newer, and slightly more challenging ones.

Also remember for HS/RR it's also because people are spamming the fastest FP's for quick Renown ranks as well. How many players did HS Spam to get to renown rank 999, and then queu for every FP once they got it?

Edited by Toraak

i realy like the bit slower leveling and the bit stronger enemies. The new Talentbuild is good for quickly changes some abilities if you need it. It needs a little Tuning here and there. Level 23 grants 6 or 7 Abilities at once, here it would be even better they offer only 2 or 3 and more often. Edited by Menaur

i realy like the bit slower leveling and the bit stronger enemies. The new Talentbuild is good for quickly changes some abilities if you need it. It needs a little Tuning here and there. Level 23 grants 6 or 7 Abilities at once, here it would be even better they offer only 2 or 3 and more often.

Leveling is horrible. Boring and no skills.

i realy like the bit slower leveling and the bit stronger enemies.

I don't. It turns the game into a slogfest.

Never thought I'll ever said it but I must apologize Ben Irving for at least half of my critical opinions about him. This "expansion" is in my opinion way worse than almost anything that happened under his lead.

That's only because they're chasing the fastest way to do something. Monolith usually was a longer boss fight then TC by far, so that makes sense people wouldn't want to do that over TC. For the record while there are people that play that way, this game has plenty of players that don't. I see many players uncheck HS, RR for the FP queu's simply because they don't want to do such content, they prefer the newer, and slightly more challenging ones.

If you queue for a random FP without unchecking any how likely are you to get an easy one? If you get a hard one, is it likely than the group will fall apart without even trying to finish it? Happened many times to me. This should tell you everything about sizes of those two groups. Now as I see it, there are three solutions:

Good one: don't punish people for unchecking flashpoints they don't like.

Bad one: give people less rewards for flashpoints you don't want them to play.

Awful one: make it impossible to queue for flashpoints you don't want people to play and don't reward them for playing those.

Guess which of those they picked...

Also remember for HS/RR it's also because people are spamming the fastest FP's for quick Renown ranks as well. How many players did HS Spam to get to renown rank 999, and then queu for every FP once they got it?

EV farming is much faster way of doing it so I would say not many, mostly preferred and f2p players.

Edited by juliushorst

The new UI hurts my eyes, and because of this, I may not be able to play when it goes live. So yes, for me this is the worst expansion ever.

Can't they just rehire the artists who made the original UI to adapt it for the new features?

the new ui is THE most disgusting thing about 7.0

i think bioware is TRYING to kill the game or something now lol. anybody who designed THAT after being the same UI for TEN YEARS, needs to get fired...lmao

at this point, they should just have

1. light attack

2. medium attack

3. heavy attack

4. special

5. dodge

and call it a day LOLOL

Well... that would actually make combat more interesting than the skill spam we have ;) I mean ESO does pretty well with light/heavy attack, dodge roll, block and 6 active skills...

Some aspects are great, like having the ability to have another class, loadouts etc.

What is absolute trash is the new abilities system, reduction in skills.

and UI. and the way the new inventory works. and the removal of conquest xp. and the nerfing of abilities. and the removal of other game systems. and the upping of conquest goals. and the way the gear is to be had now. and the slower leveling curve.

im really really doubting if having the ability to choose another class can overcome ALL that other very bad stuff ...lol

For me the most horrible time in the game was 5.0 with the lost of all my companions which results in an empty ship. My Powertech/Vanguard lost Dead from above and all 30m skills. That was PURE Horror. I quit for a few month until they promised to return the companions.

For me the most horrible time in the game was 5.0 with the lost of all my companions which results in an empty ship. My Powertech/Vanguard lost Dead from above and all 30m skills. That was PURE Horror. I quit for a few month until they promised to return the companions.

that was THE WORST decision in the history of the game....

Athiss and Red Reaper are probably as fast (maybe faster with proper crew skills) and yet it's always HS.

Red reaper and Athiss are also more fun. The don’t take any longer and if you’re on a stealth, RR is by far the fastest you can do.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I mean you could get them all back by going to oddeson and clicking on a terminal. :D

they need to remember that 90 percent of the people here who play this game play it casually for the story and have been rinsing and repeating for years , the end game gear grind is not every bodies cup of tea and the crowd is much different then typical wow or ff14 folks . the amount of currencies and the lack of rewards towards upgrading gear is not going to keep people subbed

what id like to see on another note is not locking the new character combat styles to subs only . im not sure how that works if you go into it preferred . the story content is what it is . some of us subbed for the expansion days prior to the release and then the subsequent delay . so there is that thought as well . they know they numbers of people who subbed just prior to it and to not some how hook people up would be a shame . but nobody owes anybody anything in the end . im just saying it'd be a grace of good measure on their behalf

Edited by KerryK

I mean you could get them all back by going to oddeson and clicking on a terminal. :D

Yes, yes, but this kind of recovered characters do not come back to your ship. It took years until all the companions were back on board.