The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR 7.0 is the worst expansion to date ?

DavidAtkinson

Uh, RotHC also had ENTIRELY unique Rep/Impside stories though. This won't. I'll bet my bottom dollar on it. They'll keep doing what they have been doing. The exact same mirrored content, except your follower and mission giver will change from Gnost-Dural/Tau/Arn/Aryn to Rivix/Krovos/Whatever other Sith they decide to include on Impside. The actual missions will be identical, and the cutscenes will all concern the same issues. Count on it. And I don't really consider that miniscule level of change to be two separate stories. So all in all, completing both RotHC stories takes longer than even Onslaught does, and will likely be longer than the new content too imo. So either way, Onslaught is the shortest released so far.

Also, I don't do Ops and hadn't got my PC yet when RotHC released, so I dunno the details on this, but didn't RotHC also include Oricon and the post-story dread master stuff? Or was that a post launch update?

As I ran through Alderaan again, we could see we had this with Alderaan planet storyline. Reps and Imps both end up taking on the same baddie at the end. They just seem to be doing it for different families.

So it's something they did before the first expansion.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, RotHC also had ENTIRELY unique Rep/Impside stories though. This won't. I'll bet my bottom dollar on it. They'll keep doing what they have been doing. The exact same mirrored content, except your follower and mission giver will change from Gnost-Dural/Tau/Arn/Aryn to Rivix/Krovos/Whatever other Sith they decide to include on Impside. The actual missions will be identical, and the cutscenes will all concern the same issues. Count on it. And I don't really consider that miniscule level of change to be two separate stories. So all in all, completing both RotHC stories takes longer than even Onslaught does, and will likely be longer than the new content too imo. So either way, Onslaught is the shortest released so far.

Also, I don't do Ops and hadn't got my PC yet when RotHC released, so I dunno the details on this, but didn't RotHC also include Oricon and the post-story dread master stuff? Or was that a post launch update?

I mean Onslaught didn't have you running the same missions for different people. You went to the same locations, but they were for different missions (except for the middle part of Mek-Sha), and I'd expect Legacy of the Sith to be the same on Manaan. I mean the Imps are there to steal Kolto and the Pubs are there to help the locals kick the Imps off the planet. Elom will probably be roughly the same for both factions.

Oricon was 2.4. 2.0 did have Scum and Villany, but that is also less than 10 min of cutscenes between both factions.

I mean if you are judging it based on the number of Planets and Flashpoints only with no regard for how long the story actually is, then Legacy of the Sith would be the second shortest since RotHC was just a single planet and ZERO flashpoints. :p

Haha. Good point. But they said themselves that the story is short...

At this point we dont know whats going to make it in... they listened, they delayed, right now its literally pure speculation.

Can we le it get closer and see the final product before making statements like this maybe?

Or maybe not? It's only 1.5 month and we've seen how it is on the PTS. If we don't complain about what we see, when are we supposed to?

Again, they only listened to the fact that their horrible update was buggy. That's it. There's been no change whatsoever about their new design on the PTS since they delayed it, actually they've made it worse and reduced some of the rewards.

Well, they did say that it will be different for both republic and imperial side, so there's that. I'm guessing that it will be similar to Onslaught as well, same places for different reasons (I mean... we're all going after Malgus). The flashpoint will probably be the same though, with some small differences like Objective Meridian and Secret of the Enclaves for both factions but that's it.

I mean, I have low expectations at this point so at least I probably won't be disappointed. At some point I was hoping for cool things for saboteurs etc but there's no way they're going to do it in such a small update...

Edited by Pricia

. At some point I was hoping for cool things for saboteurs etc but there's no way they're going to do it in such a small update...

I hope they let us fully defect eventually in 7.x if we chose the saboteur route ... there's absolutely no reason for them not to allow it. I don't expect it in 7.0 but some time afterwards would be nice.

I hope they let us fully defect eventually in 7.x if we chose the saboteur route ... there's absolutely no reason for them not to allow it. I don't expect it in 7.0 but some time afterwards would be nice.

I expect they won't let us simply because nobody on their team can seem to change things that were such an integral part of the game at launch without entirely breaking the whole game. The main sticking point, I would guess, is enemy fleet access and grouping with players who came from the opposite faction, because we were never coded to be there or do that in the original game, and they can't code it in now without screwing up a thousand other things.

That's just my wild guess tbh. But I'd be fine with simply having a *story* defection. Don't let us on the fleet, who honestly cares.. Nothing about gameplay changes, just give defectors the Pub/Imp future storylines with the mirror Pub/Imp allies from now on. Have big opening cutscenes happen outside the Fleet. Simple.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I expect they won't let us simply because nobody on their team can seem to change things that were such an integral part of the game at launch without entirely breaking the whole game. The main sticking point, I would guess, is enemy fleet access and grouping with players who came from the opposite faction, because we were never coded to be there or do that in the original game, and they can't code it in now without screwing up a thousand other things.

That's just my wild guess tbh. But I'd be fine with simply having a *story* defection. Don't let us on the fleet, who honestly cares.. Nothing about gameplay changes, just give defectors the Pub/Imp future storylines with the mirror Pub/Imp allies from now on. Have big opening cutscenes happen outside the Fleet. Simple.

I don't think it's possible because the world doesn't change. I mean, it would make no sense for a republic character to go to DK and be able to do the planet arc etc.

Either that or make it so that they can't get any mission, but then it would mean that the character is basically locked out from weeklies, seasons etc.

But they could make it so that you actually defect in stories - you'd get the stories for the other faction from now on, but the world would stay the same. But that would be breaking immersion too so I don't think it will ever happen. I'd still take it...

Edited by Pricia

At this point we dont know whats going to make it in... they listened, they delayed, right now its literally pure speculation.

Can we le it get closer and see the final product before making statements like this maybe?

The new UI hurts my eyes, and because of this, I may not be able to play when it goes live. So yes, for me this is the worst expansion ever.

Can't they just rehire the artists who made the original UI to adapt it for the new features?

The new UI hurts my eyes, and because of this, I may not be able to play when it goes live. So yes, for me this is the worst expansion ever.

Can't they just rehire the artists who made the original UI to adapt it for the new features?

I played through the PTS because I wanted the first defender achievement and I can agree that the new UI is pretty bad, especially for me the teal outline on every single inventory box. There is no reason to have the character screen and the inventory screen merged. It doesn't look good and they did something to the colors on both the character screen and the character creation that hurt my eyes.

I mean if you are judging it based on the number of Planets and Flashpoints only with no regard for how long the story actually is, then Legacy of the Sith would be the second shortest since RotHC was just a single planet and ZERO flashpoints. :p

It also had 8 Operation bosses at launch. Dailies at launch. And 2 sidequest chains spanning across almost every existing planet, culminating in heroics that were more elaborate than most flashpoints.

Ohh and within 6 months after ROTHC another daily area, 2 flashpoints, story planet with dailies and 2 operations got released.

Yeah.

Try again.

Edited by Pietrastor

I don't think it's possible because the world doesn't change. I mean, it would make no sense for a republic character to go to DK and be able to do the planet arc etc.

Either that or make it so that they can't get any mission, but then it would mean that the character is basically locked out from weeklies, seasons etc.

But they could make it so that you actually defect in stories - you'd get the stories for the other faction from now on, but the world would stay the same. But that would be breaking immersion too so I don't think it will ever happen. I'd still take it...

But that's exactly what I was saying, I'd be happy enough with a STORY defection, no change to gameplay, just a change to FUTURE story and how it plays out. And besides, doing the DK planet arc when you are the level 75 post-Onslaught Commander is never gonna make sense anyways? It's always gonna act like you are Baras's new apprentice etc etc etc no matter how late in the story you do them. So, this wouldn't really be any different

But that's exactly what I was saying, I'd be happy enough with a STORY defection, no change to gameplay, just a change to FUTURE story and how it plays out.

That's actually what I mean with "full defection" :)

No gameplay changes are necessary or even expected, besides how future stoylines play out.

Maybe people should wait until it’s out before jumping to any conclusions? Just a thought.

Stop. Just stop.

It's been on the PTS for weeks. We're not jumping to conclusions. Even if somehow they manage to get rid of all the bugs (like... you can't even put weapons in the outfitter right now), it will still suck because the DESIGN behind it sucks.

We dislike it based on their sales pitch. Real thing is rarely better than the sales pitch.

If I bought things based on a sales pitch, I'd never buy half of the stuff I enjoy. Sales pitches are overrated.

I focus on what I see when I try the product. Based on what I see from PTS and my own experience with it, it truly isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Could they make some improvements in some area's? Yes. However for the most part this expansion is far from the worst this game has had.

Edited by Toraak

If I bought things based on a sales pitch, I'd never buy half of the stuff I enjoy. Sales pitches are overrated.

I focus on what I see when I try the product. Based on what I see from PTS and my own experience with it, it truly isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Could they make some improvements in some area's? Yes. However for the most part this expansion is far from the worst this game has had.

Could you give some examples what is good on the PTS in your opinion?

Is it the loss of abilities/skills?

Is it the limiting of activities by pre-selecting which FPs, heroics etc you are allowed to play at a certain time?

Is it the automatic resetting of all dailies and weeklies?

Is it the new inventory window which auto-sorts according to how the devs want your inventory to be sorted (as well a the horrendous UI for it)?

Is it that gear is not moddable anymore?

Is it that you need 100k conquest points now while at the same time, they limit the ways how you can acquire conquest points (both, in quantity and quality)?

Is it that they limit your rewards for conquest for playing alts (only the first 3 (or was it 4?) first chars get actual rewards, the rest just some consolation price)?

Do you like these changes? If yes, why?

Edited by JattaGin

Is it the limiting of activities by pre-selecting which FPs, heroics etc you are allowed to play at a certain time?

Is it the new inventory window which auto-sorts according to how the devs want your inventory to be sorted (as well a the horrendous UI for it)?

Is it that you need 100k conquest points now while at the same time, they limit the ways how you can acquire conquest points (both, in quantity and quality)?

Is it that they limit your rewards for conquest for playing alts (only the first 3 (or was it 4?) first chars get actual rewards, the rest just some consolation price)?

I'm also seriously confused about what people can like about those changes.

I'll tackle this in Order.

1) Loss of abilities/skills is fine, especially DCD's. This game has gotten bloated to all hell with DCD's, and really can use it being toned down. This isn't bad or good, just necessary.

2) Lack of pre-selecting FP's/heroics? Not a problem. For FP's you can still make a group of 4 and walk in by hand. So not a big deal one way or the other if they aren't in GF. You just don't get credit for the GF weekly this way, but can still do them at any point. As for heroics, I've noticed on some planets different heroic weeklies appear (may be a bug) so you may have more options then you realize.

3) Resetting of dailies is fine. I do think they should revisit the resetting of the Weeklies however. I don't agree with that one point.

4) The Auto-sorting of the Inventory they've already said is a bug. So hopefully it's fixed before 7.0 launch.

5) Lack of Modable gear should be revisited as well if they aren't going to put in the Obscene amount of Mods, and enhancements like are in 6.0. If they just went with Lethal A, B, and Unlettered as an example it would be Alright. If they were going to go back to the 20 or so variations for each mod, and enhancement I'd rather have it how it is on the PTS. I'm tired of praying to RNG jesus for the proper mod or enhancement. That needed to go.

6) 100k conquest points regardless is easy to get even on the PTS. If you didn't remember you need to reactivate your SH's when on the PTS or you'll get less points. You lose your 150% bonus if you don't do this. It simply is not hard to get to 100k, so I have 0 issues with this.

7) limiting the number of alts for conquest for the Medals of Commendation may not be optimal, however it makes sense. BW doesn't want us to gear up in week 1 or 2 of the expansion like we did last time. I have no issues having a weekly cap for these. The only question should be Is the cap off 999 to low?. Otherwise you still get your 100 Tech frags per character and you still get your Guild Rewards at the end of the week so in truth they are only limiting part of the rewards for conquest, and not all. You still get your Flagship plans to use or sell. Going along this same line for gearing, they should increase the amount of Aquatic Resource Matrix's that the Heroic weeklies give from 20 as is on the PTS to 40-50 to lessen the grind for solo players. Also reducing the cost of Isotopes, and Ops mat for upgrades (or increasing how much drop accordingly so all are equal for this)

8) which you didn't mention, I am somewhat concerned on Ops balance at this point, and hope BW would look into that, but if not it will definitely make things more challenging which isn't necessarily a bad thing for us either. I just hope that don't make them overly challenging for story mode or hard mode Ops. NiM should be a Pain in the butt however.

As you see I don't mind many things, but I do think some should be reconsidered to some degree. Even with everything on your list, and the things I would hope they'd look into, this wouldn't come close to the worst expansion this game has ever had.

Edited by Toraak

1) Loss of abilities/skills is fine, especially DCD's. This game has gotten bloated to all hell with DCD's, and really can use it being toned down. This isn't bad or good, just necessary.

2) Lack of pre-selecting FP's/heroics? Not a problem. For FP's you can still make a group of 4 and walk in by hand. So not a big deal one way or the other if they aren't in GF. You just don't get credit for the GF weekly this way, but can still do them at any point. As for heroics, I've noticed on some planets different heroic weeklies appear (may be a bug) so you may have more options then you realize.

3) Resetting of dailies is fine. I do think they should revisit the resetting of the Weeklies however. I don't agree with that one point.

4) The Auto-sorting of the Inventory they've already said is a bug. So hopefully it's fixed before 7.0 launch.

5) Lack of Modable gear should be revisited as well if they aren't going to put in the Obscene amount of Mods, and enhancements like are in 6.0. If they just went with Lethal A, B, and Unlettered as an example it would be Alright. If they were going to go back to the 20 or so variations for each mod, and enhancement I'd rather have it how it is on the PTS. I'm tired of praying to RNG jesus for the proper mod or enhancement. That needed to go.

6) 100k conquest points regardless is easy to get even on the PTS. If you didn't remember you need to reactivate your SH's when on the PTS or you'll get less points. You lose your 150% bonus if you don't do this. It simply is not hard to get to 100k, so I have 0 issues with this.

7) limiting the number of alts for conquest for the Medals of Commendation may not be optimal, however it makes sense. BW doesn't want us to gear up in week 1 or 2 of the expansion like we did last time. I have no issues having a weekly cap for these. The only question should be Is the cap off 999 to low?. Otherwise you still get your 100 Tech frags per character and you still get your Guild Rewards at the end of the week so in truth they are only limiting part of the rewards for conquest, and not all. You still get your Flagship plans to use or sell. Going along this same line for gearing, they should increase the amount of Aquatic Resource Matrix's that the Heroic weeklies give from 20 as is on the PTS to 40-50 to lessen the grind for solo players. Also reducing the cost of Isotopes, and Ops mat for upgrades (or increasing how much drop accordingly so all are equal for this)

8) which you didn't mention, I am somewhat concerned on Ops balance at this point, and hope BW would look into that, but if not it will definitely make things more challenging which isn't necessarily a bad thing for us either. I just hope that don't make them overly challenging for story mode or hard mode Ops. NiM should be a Pain in the butt however.

As you see I don't mind many things, but I do think some should be reconsidered to some degree. Even with everything on your list, and the things I would hope they'd look into, this wouldn't come close to the worst expansion this game has ever had.

Regarding point 1, ASBOLUTELY NOT IN THE WAY IT GOING TO BE DONE !

Yeah too many dcds and too much ttk ? No problem nerf them all , but not by removing them or making me select between having or not having VITAL ones. I've been a marauder main since 4.0 and have been playing warrior pretty much every since in both pvp and pve, and thanks to these totally abysmal changes, my preferred class is going to be useless garbage , if it goes live like it's now on the PTS . You have to ask the legit question if these developers are playing their own game or are just coming up with random changes for the sake of " improvement" .

The only thing I like about 7.0 is so far legacy gear, the new character creator and the fact that I can play sith assasin as a sith warrior story too. That is cool. The rest is just bollocks . The story I can't comment about because it will be reveled after release.

But why get rid of special abilities then instead of just attack abilities? You're just losing practical skills instead of the extra attack skills.

Not getting credit for the weekly is kind of a big deal.

Yes and no. It's going to be annoying to have to do two GSF battles in a day to complete the weekly if my team loses. Unless they've changed that. Overall, they changed the heroic dailies to weeklies so it could be worse.

How about getting rid of RNG WITHOUT removing mods though? We've already established that everything will be bought with parts, so nothing prevents them from putting all kinds of mods with different stats on a vendor. There's just no excuse. It is a huge deal for healers because they don't need accuracy. And apparently legendaries don't have accuracy either, so it will be impossible to reach 110% accuracy with a legendary (haven't tested that because legendaries are gated behind a long mission and I refuse to grind on the PTS).

Easy for one character, not so much when you have a bunch. Yeah yeah I don't care what people say about having a lot of characters, it's my choice, but guess what, for people like me it's a huge nerf (plus we won't get the extra 7k a week from getting a renown level).

I understand not wanting people to gear too fast but then they need to find a solution that doesn't penalize people with a bunch of alts to gear up. Like making the gear unlock in collection for credits or something. As it is, I'm looking at two years to get up all my alts or more. It's either that or wasting 5 minutes switching gear every time I switch, which frankly is annoying.

That, and after 5 alts you only get 100 fragments and 25k credit, which is just not worth it. You'll get 500 fragments IF your guild reaches its goal... all it's going to do is make people leave smaller guilds to join bigger ones.

Also, a reminder that currently the 322 gear on PTS is worse than 306 gear.

So yeah. From reading your replies though it seems you actually don't approve of most of the current changes.

Edited by Pricia

Just out of curiosity, when is the last time you did the Colicoid Flashpoint?

1)I remember PvP back at launch through 4.0, and the truth is as time went on BW kept adding more and more DCD's to every class. These aren't special abilities anymore however. How many classes can Teleport (snipers and Sorcs), how many have the Ability to reflect? a lot. BW has already said that because of the way they did balancing of classes the DCD creep kept getting higher. None of these abilities are special abilities any longer and just add to a Longer time on target which keeps getting bigger. It's long past time they got rid of some of the DCD's.

2) So by having solo or small group activities that don't give rewards because they are not in the GF is a problem? hmm. I seem to read a lot that many solo players are up in arms about NiM Ops actually getting rewards for the 1st time since 4.0 ended. So if your saying it's not fair to have content you don't get rewarded for, doesn't it seem fair that NiM Ops players do as well? If BW puts all FP's in GF, which I'm fine with if they go that route, which means you can do any FP for rewards, then players shouldn't have any issues about NiM Ops dropping BiS gear that those that do not do NiM can't get. If it's good for one group of players to get rewards for content, then it seems only fair NiM players (and I'm not one) can get rewarded for the content they do.

3) Why would the reset matter for GSF? GSF daily is only for matches played. Or did they change that on the PTS? I didn't look at GSF, since no changes that I know of were happening with it. Weeklies shouldn't reset. I still believe that.

6) 100k Conquest isn't hard to do on multiple characters. When I spent time on the PTS I was getting conquest on 4-5 characters a day without any issue. With that being said it's possible to get 28-30 characters done in conquest even with the increase in points. This is still Very alt friendly and I have no issue with this at all.

7) You really don't need collections for gearing. For an example I gear out my Sniper. I can use my headpiece, chest, bracers, gloves, belt, legs, boots, earpiece, and both relics on Any class in my legacy. So basically all you should need to do is gear up those pieces once and use Legacy storage. No need for collections honestly. Take 2 mins to drop in storage as you log out, and 2 mins to put them on alt.

The gear on the PTS wasn't bound to class or character it is legacy bound, so unless you need a MH/OH, and legendary items for a different class you don't need to truly Gear out 20-40 characters. You can always put the Legendary items, and MH/OH's in storage as well once you get them.

For the Record the worst expansion this game has had is 4.0. Nothing here in 7.0 will change that. No new Ops, Story that only works if your Jedi or Sith (Makes no sense as a non force user), only new FP's were making MM versions of old FP's. Level Sync wasn't liked by many on the PTS at the time or on Live. I saw many complain they couldn't one shot things anymore (I didn't like it at first either, but came to live with it eventually).