Think Loyalist Jedi characters will ever get an opportunity to turn Lana to the Jedi?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I don't as I just don't trust what would happen to her if players were allowed to kill her. I feel we've lost lots due to characters being killable. Already lost lots when some companions were regulated to alert status.

But you are talking pure behind the scenes reasons. In your game, OUTSIDE OF THOSE CONSIDERATIONS OF THE FUTURE, do you have characters which would kill her if the chance appeared inside the story with reasonable motivations? You likely do.

I mean, I'd sooner not see her get a kill option than have her be bricked, but if the option was there already, some of my toons would be taking it. Besides, I feel (and I seem to be in the minority here, but still) like they've included Theron plenty since his kill option, I was never mad at not seeing him personally, even on romanced toons, so it wouldn't bother me so bad. And at the end of the day if the story they are telling calls for a "dead" character to appear, they probably still will for those who didn't kill them.

I mean, look how they brought back Torian after he'd been bricked for years. That gave me some hope for others. If they would make sense to show up, they might. But people like Vette or Mako are never gonna be front and centre again without good cause, and I've mostly accepted that. The hope they may pop up in future content for a line or two is enough to sustain me.

Although she is a bit tougher to RP reasons for that don't sound really petty lol, since they did make her such a yes woman you know? We haven't been given any good reasons yet, but of course it's easy to add a reason to the story with the kill option haha. It's not just like "Ah Commander, here's todays brie....aghhhh!! Whhyyyyy... *death rattle*"

Hey, if she brings me brie every day I may reconsider wanting to kill her. Especially if it's baked in pastry with cranberries and walnuts.

But you are talking pure behind the scenes reasons. In your game, OUTSIDE OF THOSE CONSIDERATIONS OF THE FUTURE, do you have characters which would kill her if the chance appeared inside the story with reasonable motivations? You likely do.

I mean, I'd sooner not see her get a kill option than have her be bricked, but if the option was there already, some of my toons would be taking it. Besides, I feel (and I seem to be in the minority here, but still) like they've included Theron plenty since his kill option, I was never mad at not seeing him personally, even on romanced toons, so it wouldn't bother me so bad. And at the end of the day if the story they are telling calls for a "dead" character to appear, they probably still will for those who didn't kill them.

I mean, look how they brought back Torian after he'd been bricked for years. That gave me some hope for others. If they would make sense to show up, they might. But people like Vette or Mako are never gonna be front and centre again without good cause, and I've mostly accepted that. The hope they may pop up in future content for a line or two is enough to sustain me.

Really. As of now. Not really. Maaaybe my Agent, who I feel would hate Sith and never trust one. But then they had us trust Marr. Basically take what the Sith did to them with a smile (no matter what you options you choose).

However, I find they make Lana very nice to the PC, that really, the option to kill her, seems to be one of being OOC petty than anything else.

Really. As of now. Not really. Maaaybe my Agent, who I feel would hate Sith and never trust one. But then they had us trust Marr. Basically take what the Sith did to them with a smile (no matter what you options you choose).

However, I find they make Lana very nice to the PC, that really, the option to kill her, seems to be one of being OOC petty than anything else.

My Dark Side Jedi hate Sith with the fury of a thousand suns. So yes, they would kill her in a heartbeat just because they were forced to work with her.

My Dark Side Jedi hate Sith with the fury of a thousand suns. So yes, they would kill her in a heartbeat just because they were forced to work with her.

The problem I see there, is it's Lana rescuing them. The only one who hadn't really given up on the PC when all others either did or failed to find them.

So really, it'd have to be an irrational reason to just kill her. "You rescued me! You're Sith though! So die!"

Now, stuck on a planet that wants them dead and weak from the carbonite.

Well, of course, the kill option wouldn't just be another option at the briefing... They would of course write into the story a semi-legitimate reason you could headcanon for why your character did it in that situation. Like they did with Theron. He was very nice too, until he wasn't anymore, because that's how they wanted to write the story. If something similar happened with Lana, some of everyones characters would take the kill option.

The problem I see there, is it's Lana rescuing them. The only one who hadn't really given up on the PC when all others either did or failed to find them.

So really, it'd have to be an irrational reason to just kill her. "You rescued me! You're Sith though! So die!"

Now, stuck on a planet that wants them dead and weak from the carbonite.

I never said that they were logical. :) The thing is, I don't think many Dark Side characters are logical at all, and some, like my Darth Occlus, are extremely unbalanced and prone to whatever whim comes along.

I doubt they'd give the player the satisfaction to kill Lana. They'll pull an HK-55 but even more dramatic. It will be a cinematic where she sacrifices herself to save the galaxy, but she's doing it to save you. There will be sad music and an emotional speech. Her final words are "I've always loved you." even if she's not your romance. In addition to lots of letters in your mailbox of characters lamenting her loss there will be lamentations of characters in a cinematic epilogue. You will be made to feel upset and guilty about it.

Well, of course, the kill option wouldn't just be another option at the briefing... They would of course write into the story a semi-legitimate reason you could headcanon for why your character did it in that situation. Like they did with Theron. He was very nice too, until he wasn't anymore, because that's how they wanted to write the story. If something similar happened with Lana, some of everyones characters would take the kill option.

Thing is, even with Theron's I thought it just didnt make sense for the PC to kill him.

My SI, who is flat-on DS 5, vales loyalty over any other trait. Lana, of all the people in the Empire is the one who recognizes you (the PC 'You') might be able to turn things around.

Speaking of loyalty, when I started "putting the band back together", even Andronikus was loyal, and this is un-romanced Androniukus. Even Khem gave up on me. Andronkus? He was attacking Zakuulian fleets trying to find me, or info about me.

My SI, who is flat-on DS 5, vales loyalty over any other trait. Lana, of all the people in the Empire is the one who recognizes you (the PC 'You') might be able to turn things around.

Speaking of loyalty, when I started "putting the band back together", even Andronikus was loyal, and this is un-romanced Androniukus. Even Khem gave up on me. Andronkus? He was attacking Zakuulian fleets trying to find me, or info about me.

In my post I did say they gave up or failed to to find you.

For me Lana is among best characters in game, I don't see why she is getting so much hate. And either I'm so blind or something but I don't see her agreeing on everything and without soul/personality....

Anyway. While I don't want to see her killed or being moved away as with Theron (I'm sad about it too, because it was stupid to give option to kill him. There they could make Lana ignore our command and save Theron or something...)

But I'd like to see something that was mentioned here. That she sacrifice herself to save us for example (or something) and for some time like 3/4 larger updates or even more we think and it is going up with story that Lana is dead. But after that in some occassion e.g Prison of opposite faction we are rescuing her. It'd be interesting for me.

So there would be a "rest" from her for some time.

But getting rid of her forever is really bad thing. BAD for many reasons.

Thing is, even with Theron's I thought it just didnt make sense for the PC to kill him.

Again, I could not agree more with you, but it still happened. That kill option was utter stupidity. I've said it before and I'll say it again. They shouldnt have had it on such weak reasoning. Make us actually have something to be legitimately mad about if you are gonna throw a kill option out.

"He betrayed us". Yes. For obvious good reasons, I mean, by the time the kill option is presented the entire threat he pretended to betray us for had came and went, and PROVED to be the exact major threat Theron thought it would be, making his actions completely justified. I find it hard to take that kill option on any toon except my UTTERLY irrational DS ones.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

For me Lana is among best characters in game, I don't see why she is getting so much hate. And either I'm so blind or something but I don't see her agreeing on everything and without soul/personality....

Anyway. While I don't want to see her killed or being moved away as with Theron (I'm sad about it too, because it was stupid to give option to kill him. There they could make Lana ignore our command and save Theron or something...)

But I'd like to see something that was mentioned here. That she sacrifice herself to save us for example (or something) and for some time like 3/4 larger updates or even more we think and it is going up with story that Lana is dead. But after that in some occassion e.g Prison of opposite faction we are rescuing her. It'd be interesting for me.

So there would be a "rest" from her for some time.

But getting rid of her forever is really bad thing. BAD for many reasons.

Okay here's my thing... I didn't 'hate' Lana in the beginning, really, I didn't. I actually thought to myself, Interesting a Sith without megalomania and delusions of grandeur, (remember I hadn't seen much of Marr yet) while I wasn't sure my PC's would want to romance her, she did intrigue me. When she did Theron dirty on Rishi, I admit she lost a little luster for me, (her whole he couldn't volunteer nonsense) still, I reminded myself she is a Sith. But then came Ziost... And I'm like, she's coming across as completely incompetent here... and her excuse for having a population destroying weapon 'just in case.' was just LAME. But what really irritated me was her hissy about Master Surro! First, on my Pubs I was thinking... Who do you think you're talking too?! and on my Imps I'm like 'Hello. I either don't answer to you, or I flat out, outrank you so high you can't even talk to me like that. At least Theron admits he screwed Ziost up bad. I knew then no romancing Lana none of my PC's have anything in common with her.

I was shocked when she got us out of Carbonite, and willing to give her a new start but 5mins in she's nagging again... Don't save the city, kill them, I'm dragging you out of here... I am not a 4yr old in Target's toy aisle . Still, I said, 'She's stressed, she saved me, let it go. But then she starts acting like ALL my PC's A. owe her a life debt and B. are her lovers. no, no, no, no and NO! :mad:

Bottom line, enough already, I was perfectly willing to have a cordial professional working relationship but I'm done with her...

1. Not telling my Troopers that Jonas Balker was trying to contact them.

2. Not telling my Agents and my BH that the SIS wanted me to join up.

3. Treating my SW, my JK, and my JC like she's their personal cheerleading squad.

4. Leaning over me in my sleep! Creepy Stalker, I'm Just Not Into YOU!