Loadouts Feedback Thread

JackieKo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With PTS now live, you can help test Loadouts!

Please answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing any difficulties or issues with Loadouts?
  • How is the flow of using Loadouts?
  • Please provide any other general feedback you have in detail.

Please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it. Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!

Swapping loadout seems to break the Group Finder Roles. Would it be possible to make Group Finder Roles options based on both combat styles and their disciplines roles so you can potentially (if the discipline allows it) queue up for all Healer, Tank + Damage roles, and then swap to the appropriate one before loading into the Flashpoint?

Couple of points.

First off, it would be really nice to be able to drag loadouts to a rarely used quick bar to make it easier to find the ones you use the most.

Secondly, there is not a key bind option for the load out menu. You have to go to your one size fits all character sheet and then click on the tab. It should be simpler to switch load outs.

A warning before you change your combat proficiency would be nice. If you change it, while still on your other proficiency load out, it seems to overwrite everything with some auto-save feature, and you will have to re-do all of your talents and re-slot your abilities where you want them on your quick bars. I'm sure I won't do it again, having done it three times already, but it's a good waste of time.

I agree strongly with the concerns I've seen about queuing (if I can be tank, dps, or heals by changing loadouts, I should be able to apply for all three at once in groupfinder). Requiring the field respec Legacy perk to actually hotswap loadouts in the field is... fair, I guess, but definitely diminishes the appeal of the system.

The biggest issue in my opinion, though, is the utterly terrible feedback and flow in the user interface.

Here's how this should work:

Player opens the user interface. At the top level, the first and only thing they see is a list of all available loadouts. They can select an existing one, edit an existing one, or create a new one.

If they choose to create or edit, they get a new level of the interface, and choose [sage] vs [sentinel]. Then they choose one of three specs. Then they choose their tree abilities.

Then they click "CONFIRM". This is an incredibly important step and I can't begin to understand why you guys removed it. You could add a reminder to check gear and keybindings to this stage too.

That loadout is saved, they go back up to the top level, and can apply that loadout, or go to another.

2/3 of the posts I've seen about loadouts so far are the same thing: "changing my style back and forth doesn't save my quickbar." The game doesn't give you any feedback whatsoever about the fact that you're modifying your current loadout every time you change your gear or ability tree, or that you should be using loadouts every single time you change anything instead of using the much more obvious and intuitive "interacting normally with your interface" method. All of this could be fixed by putting loadouts at the top and adding a CONFIRM button so the user has conscious and deliberate control over what's in each loadout at every stage. Loadouts should never change unless the player intentionally and specifically tells them to.

- How about you let DPS change combat style to another DPS Loadout?

- Why would you add combat style system yet people caant freely change combat styles?

- Where is the benfit of this new system or how can you try different fights with different styles if the system doesn't let you?

- Honestly, I'm kinda upset with how the combat style system is currently implemented. It's almost more like a gimmik thaan something that players can utilize well. The GF queue doesnt respect all your combat style roles that you can fulfil. And you cannot change combat style in any content...whaats the point of even having these loadouts.

Let's see how many bugs I can remember:

- When swapping between loadouts, some things aren't removed from the quick bar, preventing the new abilities from being applied or just adding buttons that aren't supposed to be on your loadout (i.e. clickable relic)

-Some abilities that can be multiple versions (i.e. you pick in the skill tree and it changes) don't behave and therefore don't update properly

-Weapon and offhand get put in a weird place in the inventory instead of changing places with the ones getting equipped

-2nd relic and 2nd implant don't swap

-Group finder default role doesn't update as expected... the UI will also show the previous role used as an icon with no text (i.e. I was vanguard tanking in a fp, later swapped to a mercenary dps and it showed the tank icon but put me in the group as a healer)

-UI doesn't update properly on combat style window

Observations:

*Switching between styles resets the locations of your abilities on the toolbar.

then you have to reorganize your toolbar to just how you like it.

Edit: Okay, I managed to get the loadouts to save ability locations on the toolbar when switching styles

How? I am not finding it.

What I don't like is that so many abilities that I consider vital I am now being forced to choose between. That is not a plus in my book.

I really cannot offer an opinion on loadouts ATM. The premise sounds good on paper, but until they fix the ability bar situation, they are utterly useless. Hopefully they will get that fixed in time to try it again before February.

The loadouts have some strange bugs.

When trying to change loadouts with different combat styles, outside of a phase on an open world, I am getting an error message 'Discarded the ways of the 15 and learned the ways of'. when I hover over the loadout in question, and it is grayed out. These loadouts were working fine earlier today, on the same character with the same combat styles and disciplines, and I have no clue what changed aside from my level. Loadouts that change discipline but not combat style are working.

The combat styles buttons on the combat style page, to swap between those, also seem to be non functional currently.

I bought the field respecialization perk, so that should not be causing my problems in this situation.

Loadouts also change which cosmetic outfit is visible sometimes.

Posted in another thread but for visibility -

I transferred a level 75 Sniper to the PTS and selected Operative as my 2nd Combat Style. Everything worked decent (some known issues, keybinds resetting constantly, etc). However, at some point, I lost the ability to swap from Sniper to Operative.

https://imgur.com/CF6XKD8

When I try to swap to my Concealment Operative loadout, the option is greyed out and there's a strange message saying "Discarded the ways of the 15 and learned the ways of the". I can't manually change either, I'm stuck in Sniper. I can change to the different Sniper disciplines, but can't go back to Operative.

The only thing I can think of is that I swapped from Sniper to Operative inside a phase to stealth past a bunch of mobs. I believe after I swapped back to Sniper I couldn't go back to Operative from that point on.

Agreed it would be real nice if loadouts were also tied to your UI profiles and keybindings. Plus making it so you could set up hotkeys or quickbar icons to activate your loadouts.

It's really frustrating me that in live we can swap disciplines freely but now that we're getting loadouts we can't do that anymore. Like I can still queue as a healer while in a DPS discipline for group finder even though now I can't swap once I enter queue.

Most of the issues were mentioned already - UI not being saved properly, ability positions on bars not being saved correctly (especially when there are multiple versions of the same skill, like the PT Incendiary Missile which can be shifted to a direct damage ability). What I really hate is the autosave feature of the loadouts. I don't want the currently selected loadout to just assume that every change I make is what I want to keep forever going forward. The loadout should remain as it was unless you manually save it. You should also be able to change to a loadout upon double click OR at least there should be a button next to the loadout. Who is so incompetent in UI design they make you click something at the top and then at the bottom of the same screen to activate it? But thank god you can copy a loadout so quickly! That's sure something you need all the time (Beware of sarcasm).

But just one example of the idiotic auto save feature - you have your current loadout and you play around. You want to just check something on a different spec for some reason. You switch to that spec. Your loadout is ruined. You have to set it up all other again because your switching a spec just automatically deleted your loadout. Why? Why in the world would you assume you want to save every little change in the loadout? Why not make a button that says 'APPLY CHANGES TO CURRENT LOADOUT?' for exactly the time you want it to do that? I mean, you already made every gosh darn UI screen take up ALL of the screen, why not add this gosh darn prompt? God *********** dammit.

And when you copy a loadout, the origin gets changed alongside the copy for some reason. But not the gear, just the spec. I had all marauder specs set up, then switched to Jug and now all my previous marauder builds have turned to jug builds. There is no way in *********** hell you will get all these issues sorted out by February. No way.

Edited by Aethyriel

Nah the system is pretty intuitive, which is good because its something I've been asking for ages.

Its pretty much what I've wanted for ages, active a loadout, and it will save EVERYTHING. Keybinds, where abilities are placed, equipped gear, etc, its even better than what I was hoping for since it will continuously save what gear you're wearing as opposed to being something static. Which considering the upcoming gear grind will be useful, I'd hate having to redo my loadout everytime I get a new gear piece. Doing a new loadout is also easy, make a new one, then make whatever you want, kind of reminds me of Andromeda with its own loadout system for profiles and abilities.

General feedback is that, THANK YOU I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR THIS FEATURE SINCE 2014. But also can we pleeease have a loadout function that allows us to copy loadouts from another character:rak_02: Similar to how keybinds or interface can be used across all your account. I'd appreciate this feature as I have many Sith Assassins so it would save me some time having to redo the same load-out for each of them, though loadouts themselves will already save me quite a lot of time since I finally won't have to manually reset everything whenever I want to switch roles.

I think Loadouts need to work together with inventory, to somehow mark any item that is part of any existing loadout, so it does not accidentally get sold. Ideally, some kind of icon (similar to how Legacy items are marked, for example, but in different corner of the item) and a mention in tooltip saying of which loadout the item is part of.

It also needs more tooltips/error messages in general, to say what is wrong when you cannot switch. I could not swap a loadout for a long time (pretty much the entirety of Rishi story), getting pretty annoyed at having to play as Sentinel (because I suck at that class, but wanted to try it, and fit with Shadow, in the sort of Asajj Ventress way when she splits/joins her blades together), before I realized it is because my inventory was full.

Another thing I would like to see is to somehow dis-incentivize swapping combat styles through the big icons on character screen, as that completely messes up toolbars and the entire active loadout, a problem I have not ran into when switching through loadouts. Maybe something like a warning confirmation dialog?

I would also like a way to delete loadouts.

Otherwise, it looks like the system works decently well, so props to the team behind it, it is really useful, especially with the ability to swap between two combat styles.

With PTS now live, you can help test Loadouts!

Please answer the following questions:

• Please provide any other general feedback you have in detail.

Please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it. Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!

Well, as a newbie, thus, an unsufferable noob (1 year playing, 54 y o. and still figuring out, bit by bit, the ancient UI, but successfully), I am still in wonder in front of that loadout page. What is it for? What does it help?

In short, why not write a manual? The tutorial is fine to help start the game. The forums were good before there were 10 pages to read before getting an answer. And the guilds are no help because they are full of veterans that get bored answering to newcomers.

From my experiences with Loadouts, Swapping combat styles and going to your saved loadout does not save where I had anything put on my bar. Hopefully this is a bug, because if it's not, then I can see myself not using it much on the live servers.

So bug I found and not sure how it works, or actually why it doesn't work.

So I transfered my Sith Madness Inquisitor over to PTS. Took the Juggie second combat style. Began to work on my loadouts in the fleet Cantina.

First it wouldn't let me switch between combat styles. So I logged out and logged back in.

That fixed it. Switched to Juggie, and then it wouldn't let me switch my skill trees in Juggie. *Sigh*

Log back out, log back in, still doesn't work. Logged back out, logged back in, this time it worked.

Switched back to my first loadout, and it had switched me back to Lightning. Okay, so go to switch back to Madness, of course I can't switch skill trees again.

It's really hard to test this stuff out, when you can't switch between skill trees, load outs, and classes on a whim, even in a Cantina just to set up your loadouts.

From my experiences with Loadouts, Swapping combat styles and going to your saved loadout does not save where I had anything put on my bar. Hopefully this is a bug, because if it's not, then I can see myself not using it much on the live servers.

Create a Loadout for each combat style, and when you switch through loadouts, then the quickbar positions get preserved.

Switching through the "big icons" on Combat Style screen messes up everything.

It is not really intuitive, and definitely needs some UX finetuning

I broke it. I think I completely broke it. I have a greyed-out loadout that I cannot use. I can no longer switch between combat styles. No amount of logging in and out or restarting the game seems to fix it. I can create new loadouts and change disciplines in the combat style I'm stuck in (scoundrel), but I cannot use my main load out or switch combat styles (vanguard) to create a new one. My suspicion is that the missile I still had loaded from the shoulder cannon when I switched load outs mid instance is at fault. It did not disappear and carried over to scoundrel. I will try to see if I can duplicate it.

edit: Ok. Odd resolution. Apparently, un-equipping all gear and putting it in the legacy storage seems to have made the load out accessible again. I was able to change load outs, keeping all the scoundrel gear on, then put the gear back on and resave it to the load out. Really unsure why the gear would cause the issue. I really hope these bugs can be worked out. As is, this system is a mess.

Edited by Heavy_Time
New Info

Swapping loadouts between specs of the same class does not retain abilities on the quick bars where they were placed and saved. Some abilities stay on their spot, while others are moved to different spots, but definitely not the ones they were saved. If the abilities are the same for both combat styles they dont move at all. So if you are playing a Sorcerer and Assassin that share abilities and you want them in a differant place for the assassin? They dont stay where you moved them to when switching combat styles Edited by Zergnaut