So upset with SW Iokath Pubside story (Because of Quinn)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I have one Warrior romanced to Theron (for research :D) however I was able to welcome Quinn back on her and have him rejoin my team. I wonder why you didn't get this option? Have they changed something?

Same here. My SW romanced Arcann and when I reunited with Quinn, I had the option to break up then welcome him to the Alliance. Quinn is now back on my ship right where he’s always stood.

p.s. I did that only a couple of weeks ago.

That's so frustrating. I can tell you unequivocally that was NOT an option for me, once Quinn showed up, I only got three dialogue choices, kiss him and have the romance back and him as a companion, imprison him and lose him as a companion forever, or kill him, same result. Wait, did you side with the Imps at Iokath? Maybe that's why, I was Pubside. So Quinn only arrived at the end of the arc to surrender to me.

Lesson learned. Don't play the game wrong again. Always bring Theron home! Still, I think the romance was lost forever anyway when you went back to Vector. When I was stupid to let Theron go on a character to return to my Class Companion spouse I couldn't get him back when my spouse died. I found someone else to get the happy ending, but I still miss being with Theron for that character. I have to settle for BFF.

I was RPing!! The way I saw it, my Agent was a spurned lover at that point :p She thought she couldn't have him back, so nobody can!

Ouch if you made that decision on Nathema, I think that's the end of Theron for that toon. He won't even show up in the future.

That possible death choice is also the dumb reason why Theron has very little screen time compared to his counterpart Lana in the future, which sucks but he still have some screen time here and there compared to most of the class story LIs.

Tbh, I'm quite happy with Theron's screentime post Nathema. I'm playing the same character I made this post about, female SW, I've made it up to Echoes of Oblivion now, and I can't say I've felt him being absent you know? To be fair to Bioware they've made an effort to keep him around. I married him after Nathema and I think I've seen him at least once in every piece of content since then.

Like, is he actually getting way less to do than a romanced Lana does? I have an SI romanced with her and I can't say I remember spending a TON more time with Lana on him than I have now. And Lana has pretty much always been the main one of them two, briefing you on stuff, even before Theron's death choice she was the one who did that for the most part, I don't think his kill option changed the dynamic all that much honestly. For once I can say Bioware did a serviceable job of keeping a "could be dead" character at the forefront.

I mean, he's doing a LOT better than Koth right? I've seen that guy once since KOTET. Asking me about helping Zakuul (again) by getting rid of the Exchange. That's a guy with severely degraded screentime due to kill options for sure.

The reason the kill option was removed was back in Beta companions only had 1 role they could do. Quinn was the Warriors heal companion. No other companion a warrior got could heal. So people killed quinn in the story, and the complained that they no longer had a healing companion. BW removed Kill options because of that before the game launched.

Edit: they only added kill options for companions back into the game years later, when companions could do any role.

I remember that. Companions could also just up and leave if you angered them too much. So players couldn't be too mean or make too many "disapprove" choices or else they were without a helper until the next one came along story wise. And back then the open world wasn't the sneeze fest that it is now. Those companions were a must unless you could group up.

The better solution would have been to just allow the ship droid to heal and then the problem would have been solved without sacrificing the original intent of the system.

But I freely admit, I was SO happy when the kill option became available. Quinn was first on my list. I mean, why wouldn't he be? I'm roleplaying a sith, not a jedi ;)

Edited by oslek

Tbh, I'm quite happy with Theron's screentime post Nathema. I'm playing the same character I made this post about, female SW, I've made it up to Echoes of Oblivion now, and I can't say I've felt him being absent you know? To be fair to Bioware they've made an effort to keep him around. I married him after Nathema and I think I've seen him at least once in every piece of content since then.

Like, is he actually getting way less to do than a romanced Lana does? I have an SI romanced with her and I can't say I remember spending a TON more time with Lana on him than I have now. And Lana has pretty much always been the main one of them two, briefing you on stuff, even before Theron's death choice she was the one who did that for the most part, I don't think his kill option changed the dynamic all that much honestly. For once I can say Bioware did a serviceable job of keeping a "could be dead" character at the forefront.

I mean, he's doing a LOT better than Koth right? I've seen that guy once since KOTET. Asking me about helping Zakuul (again) by getting rid of the Exchange. That's a guy with severely degraded screentime due to kill options for sure.

It's not just the romance theme. Lana become the default NPC who briefs you everything, who shows up in everything even when she shouldn't (looking at the end of Echos of Oblivion. Aren't she supposed to be in the base?) while Theron barely has any line at all and the only line he spoke post EoO is on the Pub side, so if you play an Imp toon, you get nothing. That kill option is a mistake to put on someone who's supposed to be one of the two "main" NPCs that represent your right and left hand people and Theron's screen time compared to Lana has dropper from 40%/60% to 1%/99% now. Bioware's favoritism to the wuw Lana waifu is obvious, that's why she always have more screen time except the time they decided to put Theron under the spotlight with a kill option. Not that they gave Lana any deep character arc because of the favoritism, she's become such a bland, briefing phonograph right now I'm just tired of her presence.

That's so frustrating. I can tell you unequivocally that was NOT an option for me, once Quinn showed up, I only got three dialogue choices, kiss him and have the romance back and him as a companion, imprison him and lose him as a companion forever, or kill him, same result. Wait, did you side with the Imps at Iokath? Maybe that's why, I was Pubside. So Quinn only arrived at the end of the arc to surrender to me.

I pretty sure I sided with the Republic on the Warrior who romanced Theron, however I'm curious whether this is the reason - need to check my character.

ETA: Yep my Warrior with Theron is also a Saboteur as well as siding with the Republic. She was definitely able to get Quinn back. The only difference is that she was not romanced to Quinn before switching to Theron. Maybe that's the difference for you? Anyone break up with Quinn but had him return?

Edited by Sarova

It's not just the romance theme. Lana become the default NPC who briefs you everything, who shows up in everything even when she shouldn't (looking at the end of Echos of Oblivion. Aren't she supposed to be in the base?) while Theron barely has any line at all and the only line he spoke post EoO is on the Pub side, so if you play an Imp toon, you get nothing. That kill option is a mistake to put on someone who's supposed to be one of the two "main" NPCs that represent your right and left hand people and Theron's screen time compared to Lana has dropper from 40%/60% to 1%/99% now. Bioware's favoritism to the wuw Lana waifu is obvious, that's why she always have more screen time except the time they decided to put Theron under the spotlight with a kill option. Not that they gave Lana any deep character arc because of the favoritism, she's become such a bland, briefing phonograph right now I'm just tired of her presence.

As I remember it, Lana has almost always been the "default" briefing NPC. Imo Theron might have lost like 5 lines that he may or may not have otherwise had, and I'm not really mad at it personally, it's all generic crap anyways, to me the important thing is they HAVE done enough with the romance in particular imo post-death choice to make me believe Theron is staying around, I don't need him to be in EVERY piece of content for that, after all, Echoes of Oblivion was only 2 FP's ago, the main thing for me is that since Nathema, my SW who married him has interacted with him plenty, particularly enjoyed his comments directly before Echoes of Oblivion when he kisses your character on the cheek and such.

However, I'll grant you the end of Echoes of Oblivion. Until you said that, I totally didn't pick up on that though, but you are right, Lana was specifically meant to not have came on that mission, what the heck is she doing there at the end.

And I think really they probably CAN'T give Lana an arc to make her more interesting, or they'll have more annoyed people like you except they'll be annoyed that their wife Lana has had a kill option at the end of her "arc" which would no doubt happen, and that'd be unacceptable too.

Just as a note, I recently returned after 18 months away, so I had a decent amount of story to catch up on all at once, so I'm willing to admit I could be a little biased in my Theron reactions personally, I haven't had to sit for months waiting for them only to be disappointed you know? I was just happy to see him when he happened to pop up, and I gotta say I was actually expecting much less out of him with BW's track record when it comes to other companions that have been bricked. So they just beat my low expectations honestly

Well. that's it then, for some unknowable reason you can only break up with a formally romanced Quinn AND get him as a companion if you go Impside. That seems like a dumb oversight to me.

:eek: This is very bad. I had no idea this could happen. Glad I never go down the break-up route with Quinn on my Empire-even-after-death Sith Warriors.

Edit: Found this in the forums from 2019. I had no idea. Why on earth wouldn't they let people have the option to have break-up Quinn join the alliance? If give him the choice whether to join after the break-up?

NOTE: I watched too many videos of Quinn break-up returns looking for a definitive answer. I died and had to be revived.

Edited by Sarova

:eek: This is very bad. I had no idea this could happen. Glad I never go down the break-up route with Quinn on my Empire-even-after-death Sith Warriors.

Edit: Found this in the forums from 2019. I had no idea. Why on earth wouldn't they let people have the option to have break-up Quinn join the alliance? If give him the choice whether to join after the break-up?

NOTE: I watched too many videos of Quinn break-up returns looking for a definitive answer. I died and had to be revived.

Sucks. Every now and again my Warrior thinks of her ex-husband and feels bad :( GET ME AN ALLIANCE ALERT! I wanna visit him in prison and forgive him :( It's not too late! (Knowing full well that is most likely is lol).

But then hey, if EVER they do use Quinn again, maybe to throw Quinn romancers a bone, they could do it while hes in the booth recording that ;)

"Press X to doubt"

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu