Black Friday Deals/Sales/Events ?

Akushii

It's not like they have to do anything. This annual fixation on "bargains" (which in truth are often far from the lowest price they have been in the previous six months) is harmful for everyone and drives the wrong attitudes.

You are right they dont have to do sale but i dont have to buy at full price either. Since they wont do sale i wont spend money so its their loss.

Not going to quote anyone, but you would be wrong about them not doing anything on Black Friday (because it is for physical sales) or about announcing it in advance.

Well I will quote you! :p I said usually and often enough. I didn't say always or never. The reason for this is that I remembered that one Black Friday sale was different (though I couldn't remember what year so I saw no point in mentioning it). Now I'm not saying it was only ever different once - but I only remember it being different once. So I think this communication was the exception rather than the rule. Much more often, I saw the discount in game without any prior notice, or I heard about it from other fans.

Regardless of those specifics, I completely agree with you that consistent and more communication would be better.

I'm holding out some hope that there will be one for the anniversary, but gosh it would be nice if they'd just tell us! I budget for this, and there is no guarantee I'll hold onto this cash for two more weeks while I finish up my Christmas shopping. By now shouldn't they be trying to get us excited for the big anniversary?

So disappointed there wasn't a 50% collection unlock sale.

I hope they have one soon!

Most of all, I hope they announce it in advance, especially if it only lasts 24 hours, because we're all busy during the run-up to the holidays and can't always log in daily.