Issue with the Launcher and Intel i7-12700k

digitalfreak

When I went to download it, Windows 11 popped up with a Threat Detected message and it would not open or download..........

Nope. I am not going to mark it safe and download it.

Same here. The fact, that thit wasn't mentioned in the original reddit post anywhere, not even in the comments, is very suspucious to me, although maybe it's supposed to be like that, even if it's ok. Still, I'd better wait.

Edited by twistedbortik

Same here. The fact, that thit wasn't mentioned in the original reddit post anywhere, not even in the comments, is very suspucious to me, although maybe it's supposed to be like that, even if it's ok. Still, I'd better wait.

Read the comments more thoroughly....

Note: Antivirus may complain loudly about this due to the use of DLL injection. Feel free to compile it from the source code if you don't trust the binaries.

It looks like someone made a tool that implements the memory edit without a debugger:

https://i.imgur.com/aflOW9h.png

Hi the game works just fine and it launches but its screentearing like its 60hz even tho its put to 144 and my screen is a 144hz monitor. My build now is 3x times better then my last build and didnt have this problem with the old one. Is it something to do with the program bypassing the launcher?

Imagine I re-subscribed because someone not employed by SWTOR fixed the issue...

I just did the same. To say the situation is pretty ridiculous is a vast understatement. Unfortunately, I can't direct where my subscription payment goes. At this point, I hope it goes straight to physical server maintenance and not to the developers. When it comes to software and anti-piracy, people always say to support your developers. Well, when they aren't supporting the players of this game, I can say they don't have my support.

SWTOR reminds me of Sears at this point. That company built itself up to be a staple of the American commerce culture, only to be destroyed when it fell into the hands of a few moronic CEOs near its end. SWTOR started out as a great product but has since become quite lackluster thanks to those who are in charge of it these days. Anyway, here's to hoping the devs don't take this unofficial patch as a slap to the face and take "punitive action" as retaliation for their ineptitude.

Thank you very much for your help on the matter, and I sincerely mean that. Is this a similar file set as those linked by reddit user jedi95 here?

No, I worked completely independently basing on my previous researches, some of them were posted here. But if some other people have created the fix, it's better. Developers will have more motivation to create the official patch.

Edited by Cassianus

Message from support regarding the third party fix. What a joke.

Greetings Sondarak-,

Thanks a lot for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Support for12th gen Intel CPU known issue fix.

My name is Arun and I will certainly try my best to provide you with complete information in the given situation.

As you are already aware players with a 12th gen Intel CPU (ex.: i7-12700K Processor "Alder Lake") and Windows 10 or 11 installations are unable to start the launcher: the launcher is crashing. This issue is affecting the website and Steam launchers.

This is a known issue, and our game team is working hard to resolve this as soon as possible. I would highly recommend you to not try any fix provided by a third-party website as it can break your game. We do not have any fix that is currently working on the 12th gen Intel CPU.

But you can share this information/feedback with our developers.

Our development team is always interested to hear suggestions, ideas, and constructive criticism about the game, and they regularly check the official forums to read feedback from players like you.

If you haven’t already, please post this in the Suggestion Box on the official forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

While the SW:TOR team can’t reply to every post, they do read through them all.

This is a known issue, and our game team is working hard to resolve this as soon as possible. I would highly recommend you to not try any fix provided by a third-party website as it can break your game. We do not have any fix that is currently working on the 12th gen Intel CPU.

Our development team is always interested to hear suggestions, ideas, and constructive criticism about the game, and they regularly check the official forums to read feedback from players like you.

I can understand why support answers such way, but I cannot understand the silence of developers.

After discovering this bug on my PC, I tried many ways of fixing, including launch of whole game in different virtual machines (mostly unsuccessfully). I posted that in this thread. No any help or comments from developers. I tried to suppose different cases of origin of this bug, again, nobody of devs replied. Then I spent a lot of time in attempt to find a problem and patch it in debugger, this time successfully. I posted the results and the dump of disassembled code. BW programmers should at least look at that and say something... I was ready to help them as I can. No reaction at all.

Well, I wrote the patcher on my own and tested it as possible. Which reply we see now? Support highly recommends affected players to continue suffering until the official patch will be ready, soon or later. Because third-party fix can break your game. No need to talk to authors of the patch, no reason to test it, do not even touch such patch! But you can share this information/feedback with our developers.

OK, if someone is interesting in the patcher code, it's here: swtor_alder_lake_c.zip

At least developers can check and see that it's written quite carefully to prevent any damage to the game and OS as possible (I spent some time to re-format the lines and adding proper comments).

But why the official patch is still not ready? I see two reasons.

First, a problem in internal bureaucracy. To perform tests and development, need to have the PC with Alder Lake CPU. BW might spend a lot of time for approval how to acquire the PC from a manufacturer (it may costs a lot) or build it in the studio (need a personnel with some qualification). We still don't even know if such PC already exists or still doesn't.

Second, BW doesn't have good system-level programmers. I can suppose this indirectly, but there were other evidences of this like lack of Mac SWTOR client which was promised long time ago. You can look at the last page of that discussion. There is a slim hope that situation became better since that times, but...

Message from support regarding the third party fix. What a joke.

That's the joke in itself - the customer should take over the internal communication between support and developers. :mad:

The question that arises for me is, will I also receive a salary?:D

That's the joke in itself - the customer should take over the internal communication between support and developers. :mad:

The question that arises for me is, will I also receive a salary?:D

If anyone deserves the salary then it's the guy that figured the fix out. Works like a charm.

I thought I was going nuts. :confused::mad: But now I know I'm not alone in this.^^:D

I recently bought a new desktop with an i9-12900KF and could not run SWTOR. Now I'm going to try the above link and see what happens.;)

The developers should speed up their act and get a solution out as more and more players will have such a processor. Additionally, a 13 gen processor is not that far away...:D

Edited by Galen_S_Marek

I thought I was going nuts. :confused::mad: But now I know I'm not alone in this.^^:D

I recently bought a new desktop with an i9-12900KF and could not run SWTOR. Now I'm going to try the above link and see what happens.;)

The developers should speed up their act and get a solution out as more and more players will have such a processor. Additionally, a 13 gen processor is not that far away...:D

In game-stat terms, the developers clearly have zero Alacrity. You're not wrong in thinking that they need to speed things up. They first need to come back from their generous holiday block leave. People do love time off especially around the holidays, and I can't fault them for it. However, if I leave things hanging at my job when I go on leave, it's not a good day when I come back. That's a lesson the dev team has yet to learn. Then again, I somehow don't think they care much.

Edited by ObscureEmpyre

Whoa. Another trying to be a player with a brand new i5 core, Win11 machine and no Launcher. Sigh. Just got a six month subscription for nothing. Think I will wait for a bit before I try the third party patcher. Fingers crossed.

Whoa. Another trying to be a player with a brand new i5 core, Win11 machine and no Launcher. Sigh. Just got a six month subscription for nothing. Think I will wait for a bit before I try the third party patcher. Fingers crossed.

Many of us already did "wait for a bit" for two months. I tried jedi95's unofficial patch before Cassianus posted theirs. It literally doesn't do anything other than tell the launcher that any Alder Lake CPU is in fact a CPU. Why the devs didn't think to do that or coordinate with whoever created the launcher is beyond me.

Edited by ObscureEmpyre

Thanks for reposting the links! I really hope that my patcher will be short-living if official fix will come soon. Until that, if someone will see an incompatibility, please tell. In particular, I haven't tested it on Windows 10 (it should work, but anyway). Also I have no idea about compatibility with Steam launcher because I never used Steam. Maybe the code needs some changes or a special version required. Please post the problems here. Thanks!

Thanks for reposting the links! I really hope that my patcher will be short-living if official fix will come soon. Until that, if someone will see an incompatibility, please tell. In particular, I haven't tested it on Windows 10 (it should work, but anyway). Also I have no idea about compatibility with Steam launcher because I never used Steam. Maybe the code needs some changes or a special version required. Please post the problems here. Thanks!

I did check your fix with Steam version and it works perfectly, thank you for this.