Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

It should matter what content we play because of the monetary value it holds. It costs them money to make every aspect of it (this includes balancing of the game). It holds a high value. The cost for us is not just our sub, but also the time spent to get it. Otherwise they would simply hand it to us at the start. Even the effort playing is part of the cost of getting it.

As I've said before I am a player for 4+ years with Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Fatigue, and Chronic Pain. My effort doing Story Content is equal to (if not greater) than a NiM Raider! It costs me physically to play this game and I am terrified that the price just doubled. So, gear is important to me, the better the gear the less physical price I pay, the longer they get my 15$ a month.

its GROUP content

if you are able to solo it, something is very very very wrong

A player can be good at the game right?

We have tons of content in the game that used to be group that's now solo-able. Let's be clear you could solo those flashpoints well before we went play your way. So a gated gearing system wasn't the issue at all.

Content being labeled group shouldn't be some sort of holy dogma.

So we still have to wait half a year, maybe a year to get moddable gear? And even then the ceiling will continually raise. The points you are making are dumb and wrong.

/spit

the ceiling is 336 the modded gear will be 334 if you wait half a year for 334 thats what every1 else will wait as well 334 isnt coming for any1 at launch.

A player can be good at the game right?

We have tons of content in the game that used to be group that's now solo-able. Let's be clear you could solo those flashpoints well before we went play your way. So a gated gearing system wasn't the issue at all.

Content being labeled group shouldn't be some sort of holy dogma.

you can be the best player in the game that does not mean you should be able to solo group content, the reason u can solo group content is because ur character is way too overpowered(companions as well)

group content should be literally impossible to do solo

Remember the days when people had to improve at a game to beat it? good times. Now everyone just wants everything for free

No, people are not asking to get anything for free. First off, the people complaining are paying customers, and second, they are willing to put in an effort to get what they want, they just want to chose the content that they participate in to earn it.

No, people are not asking to get anything for free. First off, the people complaining are paying customers, and second, they are willing to put in an effort to get what they want, they just want to chose the content that they participate in to earn it.

Imagine if I could beat those old games by just playing the first level over and over. You act like we didn't pay for those games too

a paying customer in an MMORPG , again you will be able to play whatever content u want and get BIS gear, u are taking for granted the basic fact that even having access to good gear as a solo players is rare in this genre

6.0 hasnt been healthy at all , outside of solo, u have pvp players standing still for season rewards, gsf players running into walls over and over again, token system was used when the game was at its peak, the game losing players had nothing to do with gear decisions just the slow release of content , 5.0 was healthy as well with an awful gearing system (ossus farm)

Pvp has had those and similar issues long before 6.0 for one or some variation or them. Kotfe massively inflated them. Look back at the win trading issues. GSF may have more less skilled pilots but new people are playing it. It's been dead for whole long.

The token system was also use when the game was at it lowest.

Swtor, especially since the Steam launch has been growing again. Play your way has keep folks around. 7.0 is going to loose players that's not good for anyone.

you can be the best player in the game that does not mean you should be able to solo group content, the reason u can solo group content is because ur character is way too overpowered(companions as well)

One thing we agree on. But this shouldn't be fixed with a crap gearing design.

Most flashpoints are extremely exploited and broken. Fix the flashpoints and you will have less problems, this system they are moving to is just neglecting the actual problems.

*edit - forgot the /spit

Edited by Phaedruss

Pvp has had those and similar issues long before 6.0 for one or some variation or them. Kotfe massively inflated them. Look back at the win trading issues. GSF may have more less skilled pilots but new people are playing it. It's been dead for whole long.

The token system was also use when the game was at it lowest.

Swtor, especially since the Steam launch has been growing again. Play your way has keep folks around. 7.0 is going to loose players that's not good for anyone.

game was at its lowest with 258 gear(ossus gear)

a game being heailthy doesnt just mean a bunch of players, swtor was never in risk of shutting down due to lack of players, pvp has been getting less and less players since expertise was removed, gsf was never active and with 6.0 just added suicides making the experience worse for the players that actualy enjoy them ops not having higher gear lead to less ppl wanting to get into SM then VM making the game have less and less raiders

if 6.0 had been that sucessful they would not undo most of what 6.0 did( only thing thats being kept is tacticals)

Why? What benefit does that actually accomplish?

I will tell you what it doesn't do. Guarantee that folks will bother with it. Many ignore Ops for the very reason that they are group only.

So in what way does this stance benefit the game?

One thing we agree on. But this shouldn't be fixed with a crap gearing design.

Most flashpoints are extremely exploited and broken. Fix the flashpoints and you will have less problems, this system they are moving to is just neglecting the actual problems.

*edit - forgot the /spit

if its that crappy why is it sucessful in the most popular MMORPG's? In those u cant even have access to BiS gear, in swtor u will have access to at least 334 gear in all paths

most of the successful MMORPG's just make you do a specific raid/boss over and over again until you get the specific BiS piece for that slot

Why? What benefit does that actually accomplish?

I will tell you what it doesn't do. Guarantee that folks will bother with it. Many ignore Ops for the very reason that they are group only.

So in what way does this stance benefit the game?

if ppl ignore the content because its group only they have no interest in playing an MMORPG

its obvious what group content accomplishes multiple players playing together thats exactly what an MMORPG is

Yep! There it is! That is the reason why we call you elitist. Because you consider to be entitled to something, just because you can manage 8 arrogant fouls put together. That's the reason. And you want us to make sure we are not mistaken, by letting us know that you consider us ungrateful. Oh, but THANK you, you enlightened one!

LOL, I dont even do nim ops anymore (only ever done a few). I'm just re-progging HM's i've progged before with a team with newer players who havent done it before. I actually mostly do solo, mm flashpoints, warzones & GSF these days. And you are totally underestimating the difficulty of some of these hm/nim ops, some can take weeks/months before a prog group can complete it, managing 8 people to spend several evenings doing that every week is not a small feat. And while there is the occasional elitist/toxic individual, my experience with the raiding community has been nothing but pleasant for the most part.

I don't feel entitled to anything, im perfectly fine with rewards I will never be able to obtain because its outside of my skill level, especially gear that is just a TIMED exclusive to raiding. Raiders are actually getting shafted once again as the new raid isn't even launching with 7.0 but coming early next year instead.

Imagine if I could beat those old games by just playing the first level over and over. You act like we didn't pay for those games too

I have only ever played this game and FFXIV, and I hated FFXIV because it was too much of a gear grind, so I gave all of my stuff to another player, and quit that game. I want to avoid the desire to quit this game, and so I am speaking out now.

Also, I don't care what other people do to gear up. That doesn't affect me.

All that I care about is that they have the gear that they need when grouping up with me.

In the past we got people geared up by running them through content, and letting the have all of the gear drops. It didn't matter to me that it was easier for them to get the gear than it was for me. I was just glad that they had it.

Edit:

Actually I care about other people for more than what they can do for me. So keep that in mind when reading what I said above.

Edited by Exly

I have only ever played this game and FFXIV, and I hated FFXIV because it was too much of a gear grind, so I gave all of my stuff to another player, and quit that game. I want to avoid the desire to quit this game, and so I am speaking out now.

Also, I don't care what other people do to gear up. That doesn't affect me.

All that I care about is that they have the gear that they need when grouping up with me.

In the past we got people geared up by running them through content, and letting the have all of the gear drops. It didn't matter to me that it was easier for them to get the gear than it was for me. I was just glad that they had it.

need is a strong word, since no1 will actualy need BiS gear, and yet every1 will still have access to it, how was FF a gear grind?

need is a strong word, since no1 will actualy need BiS gear, and yet every1 will still have access to it, how was FF a gear grind?

If you can't get BiS gear without completing NiM content, then you obviously don't need it for any content in the game. On the other hand, how you you know the skill level of the people that I helped gear up? How can you say they didn't need it if you don't know that?

game was at its lowest with 258 gear(ossus gear)

a game being heailthy doesnt just mean a bunch of players, swtor was never in risk of shutting down due to lack of players, pvp has been getting less and less players since expertise was removed, gsf was never active and with 6.0 just added suicides making the experience worse for the players that actualy enjoy them ops not having higher gear lead to less ppl wanting to get into SM then VM making the game have less and less raiders

if 6.0 had been that sucessful they would not undo most of what 6.0 did( only thing thats being kept is tacticals)

If you think the game was at it's lowest during Ossus, then either you are new or haven't been paying attention. Go back to the days after launch when all we had was Illum. That's the lowest point in the game's history.

I think the loss of Pvp players is more complex than just the removal of expertise. Just ask the community. There is a laundry list of complaints and I would reduce their issues to just that.

GSF, especially with the conquest focus, has also seen more interested players really trying it. An increase in players is going to bring good and bad.

As to raids, that kind of peaked around the Dread Ops and has been dropping ever since. You saw a huge departure after the SoR ops and that long stretch. Kotfe really was the nail in that coffin. The community has been on the decline ever since really. Honestly it was never that big to begin with. I mean progression raiders. You have always folks that will hop into a story Op once the guides are out.

Still even back in the old days, there has been a sizable portion of the game that will never touch group content.

You say that " a game being heailthy doesnt just mean a bunch of players, swtor was never in risk of shutting down due to lack of players" So what is your definition of a healthy game? I am betting it involves specific tastes in MMOs. My stance is simple, a MMO without enough players is a dead game. Swtor's pop drops enough or it stops making enough money they will shut it down. It's in our best interest, if you like the game, to keep it a popular as possible.

If you can't get BiS gear without completing NiM content, then you obviously don't need it for any content in the game. On the other hand, how you you know the skill level of the people that I helped gear up? How can you say they didn't need it if you don't know that?

skill is irelevant , content is balanced to a certain IR, getting anything above that isnt needed